Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    I'm glad to see Ralph really is the ultimate Pertwee fan - he's even getting excited at the prospect of a DVD release with Jon in it for only a few brief seconds......
    Not quite! I wouldn't have thanked you for the Mutants...

I really like Robot as a great Tom one but of course it's always good to have two doctors for the price of one.

As for the tank as has been said thats part of the charm but I do agree an optional alternative would do no harm

Perhaps if there was an option to see a GI Joe tank. That would be better.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

According to the RT this DVD will contain the following extras:

The story features a commentary by Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen and writer Terrance Dicks.

Andrew Beech produced the main documentary, Are Friends Electric? (dur. 38' 58") , which looks at Tom Baker's introduction as the Doctor and the making of his first story. It features interviews with actors Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, Alec Linstead, Patricia Maynard, Michael Kilgarriff and Edward Burnham, producers Barry Letts and Philip Hinchcliffe, script editor Terrance Dicks, director Christopher Barry and production unit manager George Gallacio.

New RT producer Brendan Sheppard, an experienced BBC director, contributes his first feature for us, The Tunnel Effect (dur. 13' 47"), in which graphic designer Bernard Lodge explains how he created the complex 'never-ending tunnel' opening titles for Tom Baker's stories. Watch out for more features from Brendan on forthcoming discs!

As usual there is a photo gallery, production subtitle notes and Radio Times listings in pdf format.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

No Blue Peter?

What a shame. They'll be no other suitable story to put that on either.

Pip Madeley Guest

New RT producer Brendan Sheppard, an experienced BBC director, contributes his first feature for us, The Tunnel Effect (dur. 13' 47"), in which graphic designer Bernard Lodge explains how he created the complex 'never-ending tunnel' opening titles for Tom Baker's stories.
    This could well be the best Doctor Who extra EVER.

Sounds interesting, although nearly quarter of an hour sounds like a devilishly long time at it. Maybe they do a reconstruction, a la Blue Peter?

This could well be the best Doctor Who extra EVER.
    I've been thinking much the same Pip!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

No CGI tank:

We did look into replacing this infamous 'Action Man tank' shot with either CG or a new model, but the budget for both proved prohibitive - as did the possibility of replacing some of the CSO model robot work in the last episode with a CG model. However, lots of minor tweaks were made to CSO shots in that episode to fill in some holes caused by the robot’s metallic body reflecting the key colour. The aim was to retain the look and character of the raw effect, while making it less distracting and laughable - it now looks like “ok CSO” rather than “bad CSO”.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    No Blue Peter?

What a shame. They'll be no other suitable story to put that on either.
    The one from the Robot set? Or is there another early Tom one?

The Blue Peter from the Robot set doesn't look like a good edition:

http://open.bbc.co.uk/catalogue/infa...ramme/LCH9351P

I thought they'd already used the opening/closing credits from that edition on the Talons Blue Peter extra!? Bunging the whole lot on would be a waste of disc space.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    According to the RT this DVD will contain the following extras:

The story features a commentary by Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen and writer Terrance Dicks.

Andrew Beech produced the main documentary, Are Friends Electric? (dur. 38' 58") , which looks at Tom Baker's introduction as the Doctor and the making of his first story. It features interviews with actors Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, Alec Linstead, Patricia Maynard, Michael Kilgarriff and Edward Burnham, producers Barry Letts and Philip Hinchcliffe, script editor Terrance Dicks, director Christopher Barry and production unit manager George Gallacio.

New RT producer Brendan Sheppard, an experienced BBC director, contributes his first feature for us, The Tunnel Effect (dur. 13' 47"), in which graphic designer Bernard Lodge explains how he created the complex 'never-ending tunnel' opening titles for Tom Baker's stories. Watch out for more features from Brendan on forthcoming discs!

As usual there is a photo gallery, production subtitle notes and Radio Times listings in pdf format.

Si xx
    this should be interesting as i've heard roughly how it was done but never been to sure if that was true.

This is meant politely, but I've never understood why people quote big chunks of text, then make bold the bits they want to reply to. Why not just quote the stuff in bold? It's not like people won't know the context as they'll have read the previous posts if they are looking at the thread.

It mystifies me!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It mystifies me!

Si.
    Quite. I just cut out the irrelevant bits. See?

What on Earth are you talking about?

Si.

Wayne Guest

*laughs out loud!

(Wayne in non emoticon post shocker!)

When I watched this with Wayne for the first time since transmission about 18 months ago it just gave me a beamer like no other tv series can - just sheer joy to watch. So I'm really delighted this is coming out but as I've said elsewhere I'm really missing the May Pertwee release...

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I'm really missing the May Pertwee release...
    I really hope we get something from Season 11 soon. If only because it's my favourite ever title sequence, & there might be a feature like the one Pip mentioned above.

Who's May Pertwee? Is she a relation of Jon?

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Who's May Pertwee? Is she a relation of Jon?

Si.
    No that's June.

it just gave me a beamer
    Insert gag here.

Mr Curnow!

Anyway did you check out the utube vid? - ah those were the days!

Pip Madeley Guest

I moved it into the Online Videos/Youtube thread, I hope that's alright Ralph.

I thought you wern't moving posts/threads around any more?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I don't see the problem with helping tidy up?

I'm not a moderator - that means I don't involve myself in disagreements/trouble on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    I moved it into the Online Videos/Youtube thread, I hope that's alright Ralph.
    No probs!

Wayne Guest

I'll start using Youtube when they start letting you download stuff.

(Although i did rip the new Dalek voice off that 'Day of the Daleks' clip that Si Hart found)

Skelton-esque!

Edited to add: oops sorry Pip. Just seen your tidying.........
    You can move this one now.