Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Yay! Kettlewell's Robot on DVD!

Tell us if you're pleased as punch or disappointed as judy.

I'm ambivilent, like Richard.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I just hope Tommy B can remember something from it... he was rubbish in the Genesis of the Daleks commentary...

Check your e-mail Pip, I've slipped you something warm and great smelling.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Chips?

I look forward to it's release......and being able to moan about any problems with an extra being missed off/a weeks' delay/rubbish sleeve/etc.

Not a particular favourite, but any DW release is a good release. Except the TV Movie.

I want more sixties stories though!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm quite happy that this is coming out. It's been a while since I've seen it & it's a good excuse to hear the story of how Tom was working on a building site when he heard that he got the job & to see that picture of him with a cigarette in his mouth again.

I'm looking forward to it too, fond memories of this one on its original showing (as ever). Wonder what extras they'll dig out for it though, should be good whatever they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    well I can't say i'm exactly jumping for joy it's a pretty much a typicaly average debut story.

I think this is quite a poor story, comparitively, but I still enjoy it.

I'm happy whatever comes out basically.

I'd have preferred this in a box set with "Planet of the Spiders" but I'm the sort. This story gets off quite lightly considering how shoddy and bland it is. Tom is good but the rest is pretty poor. I wonder if we can get some new CGI tank footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    I wonder if we can get some new CGI tank footage?
    Oh I do hope so, it really does let it down badly. Even if its a turn on/off function.

Will there be a Burnham Box Set on Amazon?

Si.

Or an Alec Linstead set when 'The Daemons' is eventually released?

This is another enjoyable story, and, like Matt, I'm happy with pretty much everything that is released (even if I don't actually buy them for months, or years on end!!!), but it would be nice to see stories from other Tom Baker seasons, or some more Pertwee, or, as Steve said, more sixties' stories.

I do not look forward to its release.

Wayne Guest

Hail Miss Winters!

I can't help thinking that the non-appearance of 'Planet of the Spiders' as a double pack with this, means that 2|e are going to hold back for a S11 boxset a few years down the line. Am I ever going to see Time Warrior episodically!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I think "Spiders" is too good to pack it up with "Robot", which itself has a reasonable number of extras, living contributors and subject matter for featurettes. I very much doubt that a Season 11 season box set (which would have to somehow deal with a recoloured episode as well) would appear before we get "Spiders" and "Time Warrior" released - both substantial releases on their own.

So keep the faith Steve!

Si.

I'm glad to see Ralph really is the ultimate Pertwee fan - he's even getting excited at the prospect of a DVD release with Jon in it for only a few brief seconds......

I don't think they should tamper with the Action Man tank. I really don't see the point seeing as we've all see it so many times. I could see a certain Mr B Letts welcoming it though.........

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post

I don't think they should tamper with the Action Man tank. I really don't see the point seeing as we've all see it so many times. I could see a certain Mr B Letts welcoming it though.........
    The tank doesn't bother me either. It's all part of the charm. However, i do think it would be quite good if they managed to do something optional like they did with the Dalek saucer in DIOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post

I'm over the moon-I really didn't expect it so soon happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    me to yes the tank is a bit of a joke as are many things in the old series but I don't believe any of them should be replaced with new imprived CGI.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    me to yes the tank is a bit of a joke as are many things in the old series but I don't believe any of them should be replaced with new imprived CGI.
    Not 'replaced', but an optional extra, would be ok.

What always makes me smile is that the tank trundles on, just to get disintegrated - it's only there for about 30 seconds, why didn't they just cut it! I also love that they not only show it once in episode 3, they then show it all over again in episode 4. Such nerve!

A good, fun story to release though - I particularly like the music that accompanies the robot, and the end of episode 1 reveal.