Default BF: 2012 Specials - Voyage to Venus

This has just hit my BF downloads page - it's out! Woo!

Of course, with 2 hours worth of UNIT Dominion to get through, as well as Love and War, it might be a while before I get to it...

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Professor Litefoot and Henry Gordon Jago are accustomed to the murky fog of Victorian London and the palatable pints of half and half at the Red Tavern. They are not used to travelling through time and space with their old friend the Doctor.

And now they fined themselves whisked off to the planet Venus in the distant future, at a time when warrior women rule from a floating city in the clouds. There’s a mystery here, one that the Grand Empress Vulpina intends to keep secret. Even if it means destroying these visitors from the long-dead planet Earth...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Hope it references Venusian Lullaby in some way. Or even the Transit of Venus. But not Transit, obviously.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    This has just hit my BF downloads page - it's out! Woo!

Of course, with 2 hours worth of UNIT Dominion to get through, as well as Love and War, it might be a while before I get to it...
    I'll probably listen to it sometime in the next week and I'll let you know what I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Hope it references Venusian Lullaby in some way. Or even the Transit of Venus. But not Transit, obviously.
    Sorry Rob, I've listened to it today and it has no connection with Venusian Lullaby (the Dr Who novel).

It's an entertaining little play; Colin Baker, Trevor Baxter and Christopher Benjamin are all on good form. This Venus has more than a touch of Jules Verne or Edgar Rice Burroughs about it. But don't expect any deep philosophy in the plot. It does reveal when the Doctor first visited Venus but I'll say no more and let you listen for yourself.