Default JIMI HENDRIX "PEOPLE,HELL & ANGELS" 03/2013

I did a search and just found a couple of threads about his death. PS hasn't got a dedicated Jimi Hendrix thread. Now, I'd never claim to be the greatest Jimi Hendrix expert ever. But I'm sure I run them pretty close!
    Since his family and their legal team got hold of his legacy, there has been little apart from 2010's "Valleys Of Neptune" (Some fans were shocked at how raw and poor Jimi's singing was, but it contained the 1987 recordings of the Experience reuniting to overdub their parts on tracks of just Jimi) and the excellent, worth investing in the full 4 disc/1 DVD box set of (also) 2010's "West Coast Seattle Boy".
    It's all been quiet since last year's "Winterland" CD and box set of one of the Experiences best residency shows. All well and good, but this itself was previously released many years earlier as "Live In Winterland".
    This is frustrating as the final, acoustic, track on disc 4 of "West Coast Seattle Boy" hints at the fact there are Jimi tracks that never got properly recorded and only exist in half finished/ all live demo of just him in a bedroom.
    Now please try to imagine the desire and intrigue this must cause me if you don't think that much of Hendrix. The new Hendrix estate make good their promises!

More than 42 years after his death, a new Jimi Hendrix album consisting of 12 previously unreleased songs, is set to be coming our way on 5th March 2013 (US. UK date not yet set). The album, titled People, Hell and Angels, is said to follow Hendrix in 1968 and 1969 as he works on separate material to the Jimmy Hendrix Experience and explores new, experimental directions involving horns, keyboards, percussion and a second guitar. His website also suggests that he explored ‘fresh diversions from his legendary guitar work’.
    That picture in the link is going to be the cover.
    http://indition.co.uk/2012/11/22/jim...um-march-2013/

I've left in the spelling mistake. I got really excited and pictured Jimi overdubbing his own keyboards and saxophone! But I realise he must have been playing with unsigned musicians. Maybe the reason it took so long to get together has been to track down the people who Jimi played with.
    Have you ever heard Syd Barrett's "The Madcap Laughs"? I imagine this album will have a similar, minimal feel to it. I'm AAAAAAAAAAJAJAJHAJKHAKJHKAJHKAHKAH!!!!!!! for the news that there are 12 previously unreleased songs. As this proves two things, 1. Jimi really did have that type of "autistic" compulsion to always play his guitar and more significantly, 2. Jimi wasn't as ripped out of his head on drugs as the media has liked to play up. And even then, news and claims his ex-manager had him killed off being printed in the press hasn't done that much to change people's opinion about Jimi Hendrix.
    Maybe Hendrix is the ulitmate Dad music. But I've no kids and lost my Dad (who was fan) when I was young.
    Next year I hope to be using this thread to get this album into the top ten.

So at long last, new stuff from the Hendrix estate, and still no word on "Black Gold", his concept album he was demoing on acoustic around the time of his murder in 1970.

And if you've been a fan for some time but the legal stuff made you lose your interest. Doesn't this stir something in you to return the flame to Jimi?
    There's probably albums worth of Previously Unreleased, and I've yet to hear something that should have remained unreleased. Sure, some parts can be boring, but the majority for me are just as amazing to hear as when I first heard of his work. There's got to be some more unreleased stuff, and I hope the silent parts of their year meant they were getting the rights to more stuff over the next few years!
    Just when you'd consigned Jimi into history, he keeps coming back, so even though it was all recorded last Century, Jimi can always be with us each year. So you can never consign him to history in the first place!

#He's coming home! He's coming home! He's com-ing! Hendrix's coming home!#

From the biography I read (Roomfull of Mirrors I think) Jimi went to bed with his guitar and played it first thing in the morning. Total dedication, that's why he's a record breaker.

Although I often find his style too raw and 'Noodling' for my tastes, sometimes he really hits the spot. An acoustic / demo album could be superb.

Random aside - back when I first listened to Hendrix in the mid-1990's, I had a friend named Dan Shirt. We used to mime brushing our teeth along to along to the wah-wah guitar of Voodoo Child (Slight Return).
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    his concept album he was demoing on acoustic around the time of his murder in 1970.
    Sorry, what? Who murdered Jimi Hendrix then?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Sorry, what? Who murdered Jimi Hendrix then?
    I'll get back to you on that, but it's quite a revelation! Anyway, the lawyers run Jimi's affairs now so let's gloss over it all.

In the meantime, from Rolling Stone magazine, here's a video preview of what to expect from the album.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/vi...where-20121127

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    I'll get back to you on that, but it's quite a revelation!
    I bet it was Courtney Love....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild