Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Have to be honest myself Si, I thought much the same about it as you did. Despite the addition of the two animated episodes it suffers from a lot of padding, I wondered how it got its reputation. Never mind though, I'm taking the cover along with me to Regenerations in Swansea on the weekend, I'd like Debbie Watling and Fraser Hines to sign it for me.

I'd like Debbie Watling and Fraser Hines to sign it for me.
    That'll be marvellous!

I don't think Si and me have got a DVD signed for ages...
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

last one I got signed was Snakedance which Janet Fielding did for me at Project: Motormouth in January.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Gary Gillat doesn't like it much either it seems. His DWM review puts the boot right into it!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    The animation is interesting. It's simpler than the last couple of animated episodes- not as showy and stylish, instead going for an authentic feel- working closely from the camera scripts. It's admirable, but it seems a bit cheaper overall. Some of the movement is very basic, lots of wiggly arms and perhaps too many raised eyebrows and darting eyes. Hmm, I suppose it all works- it just seems a little bit of a backward step.
    I've just seen this for the first time, and it's the first animation I've seen since The Invasion. I really enjoyed this style much more, Invasion style just didn't work for me.

As for the story, yes it's not a classic, and yes it has much back & forward, but I don't think it's as bad as some have said here. The cast, the shoot at Ealing, and Bresslaw's realisation of the Ice Warriors raise it slightly above average, IMO.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild