Default 30 Years of CITV

There's a full on retro weekend on the CITV channel celebrating 30 years of CITV!

http://www.a516digital.com/2012/12/c...-listings.html

Good stuff coming!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

To coin a phrase. Oh My!

Has it really been 30 years? I remember when it all started with Matthew Kelly.
    Last edited by duncan; 20th Dec 2012 at 9:45 PM.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

So I assume they're repeating programmes from 1983 onwards? What a shame we're not getting any 70s classics (Motley Hall, 70s Tomorrow People etc). I guess I'm just too old!

They're showing some Press Gang though, so that's good!

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    To coin a phrase. Oh My!

Has it really been 30 years? I remember when it all started with Matthew Kelly.
    That's right! It was a spaceship for their logo. It's out of the target range, but what was that magazine type show that had "In The Hot Seat" (I only remember Kenny Everett being interviewed, but it was a regular feature)
    They also had footage of riots. Yes! Footage of riots on a CITV show!
    I can't remember what it was called though. No surprises to see that didn't make it to thirty years!

EDIT: Ah! Google is my friend! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBTV_(Thames)

I didn't even know there was a CITV channel. Is that on Freeview?

They put the wrong bloody version of Fraggle Rock on, with some American bloke instead of Fulton Mackay.

Did anyone see the 30 Years of CITV documentary on ITV2 the other night?

I thought CITV was older than 30 because in 1995 they did a 40th anniversary celebration week looking back at programmes shown over the years (where Jon Pertwee made a guest appearance as Worzel Gummidge).

How are they able to show Dramarama? I thought the rights to that and other TVS shows like C.A.T.S. Eyes and Knights of God were in the hands of Disney and therefore may be difficult to repeat/release on DVD.

Pity there wasn't any Dreamstone, Legends of Treasure Island, Avenger Penguins, Fantomcat etc. in the weekend celebrations.

A few episodes of Dramarama have come out thanks to Network DVD! So the rights can't be that shafted.

As a CBBC viewer, I looked down at CITV as the domain of horrible, cheap tacky and nasty children's television. They had shows like Art Attack (actually very good) and Your Mother Wouldn't Like It (probably very bad). As for all the ones Terry mentions such as Avenger Penguins and Fantomcat... they ring only the vaguest of bells.

What we probably don't get on these documentaries are the American cartoons that propped up the schedules and were a big draw for action-fans such as myself. Those 20 minute adverts for toys that are always so popular.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Dramarama was made by all the various ITV regions in turn I believe, so some are available, others aren't.

Woof! has been my favourite. Utterly charming!

We enjoyed Sooty today. Sweep is too impossibly cute! What a great, heartwarming show it was. Matthew Corbett was excellent.

It's very interesting that the three stars (apart from Matthew) all have different methods of communicating with each other; Sooty is totally mute, Sweep speaks but in a "language" we can't understand, and Soo speaks normal English.

Si.