Default UKTV To Repeat Patrick Troughton Era In 2013?

Source is from an internet post of a Blogtor Who I don't have a link to. (Will I ever learn?...) Maybe it's a Christmas present? (Just!...)

"UKTV is set to run repeats of classic episodes of Doctor Who next year to celebrate the programme's 50th Anniversary. According to actor Frazer Hines, who tweeted the news tonight, UKTV will broadcast four of his episodes with Patrick Troughton. He revealed that the episodes would include The Seeds of Death, The Invasion, The Mind Robber and "one other".

It is thought that episodes featuring each actor to play The Doctor throughout the 50 years will feature at some stage. Due to the Christmas holidays no one from the UKTV press department was available for comment at the time of writing.

It's not known at the moment which of the 10 UKTV channels will air the episodes, but it could possibly be Watch, who currently broadcast "new" Who episodes."
    Before outrage that BBC not announcing Patrick Troughton repeats, my guess is that in an order to take over TV, the early stories are shown on Satellite channels, whilst the BBC repeats what it sees as the "Cream of Doctor Who" (The colour ones basically!) on BBC's 2 and 4?
    It does suck for people who only have freeview, but surely you'd still be able to get those channels?

So let's slowburn this thread! We'll either see a good two months at least of Patrick Troughton stories repeated (with ad breaks and everything!) and older stories repeated on BBC. Or BBC deny this and show Patrick Troughton stories on their own channels, leaving UKTV in the cold.
    Mind you, considering what they showed in The Five Faces Of Doctor Who, I think they are pretty impressive choices and will probably be Tomb Of The Cybermen (Show The War Games! It'll give Patrick another month of airtime!

So hocus, pocus? Should I have put this in spoilers?

I welcome ANY repeat of those stories, so if that's what UKTV are doing, can you imagine what the BBC must be planning!!!

It says '4 episodes', not 'stories'. I hope that's an oversight by Frazer and it's not just going to be random episodes. Or maybe they'll do a weekend for each Doctor with a four parter shown in a single night (or 1 Doctor a month), we can only wait and see.

I'm sorry to have to tell you, this is "UKTV", an antipodean channel that shows UK series in Australia and New Zealand...

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Southall View Post
    I'm sorry to have to tell you, this is "UKTV", an antipodean channel that shows UK series in Australia and New Zealand...
    Oh well! Merry Christmas to one and all! But when was the last time Patrick Troughton repeated in Australia, anyway?
    Wonder if something does come of it and it isn't just individual episodes. Maybe the BBC will be using Australia and UKTV as their test subject.
    A pity it isn't the UK UKTV company as I've read the schedules of Watch etc, and the idea of episodes 1,2,3 and 5 of The Invasion being repeated all throughout the week. From evening to the next day's afternoon and then onto early morning the third day.

You've seen this happen to repeats of Matt Smith, imagine Classic Doctor Who getting those listings! I found that too fantastic, it overlooked the "what if it isn't true or a different country" feeling that I thankfully never mentioned in my original post.

Plus, BBC Two wouldn't repeat the programmes like the Sky channels and if you think this thread is bad, how crazy am I for thinking BBC Three and Four might broadcast 24/7 more than the Olympic coverage showing classic series!

I'd be most surprised if we didn't get something, perhaps on BBC Four...

More TOTP reruns, knowing our luck.