Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    The Christmas specials are an hour so that's all I'm expecting. 90 minutes would presumably cost lots more.
    I'm guessing around 50% more or maybe less really

Of course, there is the possibility that all of this stuff is what's coming before November. If I want to be really pedantic, and I think I probably do, the 50th anniversary is what comes AFTER November- so maybe they're holding back stuff to give us a mega year between November 13 and November 14.

I said I wanted to be pedantic. I made no mention of realistic.

Lord Pedant wishes to point out that the 50th anniversary comes during November...

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    I'm guessing around 50% more or maybe less really
    Congratulations, you've discovered how to make programme making wholesale!

Indeed, though if there's to be a year of fantastic celebration, it's perfectly feasible for that to begin in November, not conclude in November.

It's the same as all those millions of people who celebrated the millennium a year early. Wishing your lives away.

For the record though, I think we'll probably get bugger all next year either.

And The Three Doctors was almost a year early as well. Ho-hum. As long as we get something more than Tom coming on telly and saying "Hello!"

I for one am definitely excited about repeats of old stories I already own anyway, and some stamps. Yay.

I for one am definitely excited about repeats of old stories I already own anyway, and some stamps. Yay.
    Have the repeats been confirmed yet? Amazed it took them this long to repeat them.

Now don't forget your medical condition!

No, not confirmed, we only have that bloody events billboard to go on again!

And that said "Doctor Who revisited" which we think will be talking heads/clips shows perhaps. I can't see Part 1 of "The Ark" re-emerging on BBC1 after Eastenders this year.

Si.

It is talking heads/ clips- the first one covering The Hartnell Years (followed by ropey old print of The Aztecs omnibus fromt he 80s apparently) has just been shown on BBC America. No sign of it here yet though

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Okay I'll revise my statement.

Some stamps. Yay.

They're nice pictures on the stamps...

And I'm sure there are a few people on here who would like to lick David Tennant.

And Matt Smith to boot.

Do they do one with Peri from Planet of Fire by chance?
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

If they do I may just go bankrupt!

Although knowing my luck they'd be self adhesive.

I can just imagine Angela saying "Tim, why are we sending so many letters this month?"

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

"...and why are they all addressed to us?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    "...and why are they all addressed to us?"
    And this week's funiest response to a an already very funny post goes to...................Mr Wallis!

All I know is, I'm not going anywhere near Mrs. Tim's mail box.

I'll rephrase that...

The BBC has responded to fans complaints about the apparent lack of DW in it's anniversary year...

Digital Spy

The BBC has responded to fan complaints lamenting a lack of new Doctor Who in the show's 50th anniversary year.

Eight new episodes, plus an anniversary special filmed in 3D, will air later in 2013, but BBC Complaints responded to one fan's concerns that not enough was being done to mark the 50th.

"Thanks for your contact regarding Doctor Who broadcast on BBC One," DoctorWhoTV quotes the BBC as saying. "I understand that you feel there are insufficient programmes planned to mark the 50th anniversary of the series.

"Whilst I appreciate your concerns, we haven't announced what we have planned to mark the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who yet, but we would like to assure you that fans won't be disappointed."

The unnamed fan also criticised the decision to air the sci-fi drama's seventh series in two parts - with the first five episodes airing throughout September 12 and the following eight to commence from Saturday, March 30 on BBC One.

"Please note that the decision to schedule series 7 in two parts was a creative one and we're sorry you are unhappy about this," the BBC replied.

"Nevertheless, please be assured that I've registered your comments regarding this issue to our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback made available throughout the BBC, including to the producers of Doctor Who, as well as members of senior management.

"The audience logs help to shape future decisions regarding BBC programming and output."

Doctor Who's head writer and exec producer Steven Moffat previously told Digital Spy that the decision to split the most recent series into two parts "came from the BBC" but insisted that he supported the decision.

"I've been well up for anything that we can do to shake up the transmission pattern, the way we deliver it to the audience and how long we make the audience wait, simply because that makes Doctor Who an event piece," he explained.

The BBC's controller of drama commissioning Ben Stephenson has also insisted that the show's 50th celebrations will be "absolutely enormous" and "very ambitious".

"we would like to assure you that fans won't be disappointed."
    A very brave claim to put in writing I think....

Indeed and it's a statement I've read from Moffat as well. But, as I am normally disappointed with the split seasons and low episode counts, It's a statement I just don't believe at the moment.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

1. Read this story.
    2. Go "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"
    3. Wait for reality to kick in.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/d...pecial-1710900

4. Believe it when see it!