Default Daphne Oxenford RIP

Just noticed on the BBC News page that Daphne Oxenford has passed away:

Link to News Article

I must admit I didn't realise she was still with us, and also didn't realise she'd played an older Agatha for cut scenes in Doctor Who 'recently'. Nor did I realise she was the 'voice' of Listen With Mother - for no real reason, I always remember her from some old episodes of Corrie I used to have on video, where a couple of characters pronounced her character name with such emphasis that it was almost like a big build up to her appearing (not unlike Harry Hill's "It's Burt Kwouk" years later). Bizarre.

And of course, she was the shop lady in To The Manor Born, and was in Dragonfire (first time I saw that, I almost cried out "It's Esther Hayes" but managed to restrain myself).

Anyway, a long life & a full one by the sound of it, and 93's a good age, so RIP Daphne.

That's a shame. We liked her in Fresh Fields as Anton Roger's spinster secretary. I swear she's in Bronski Beat's Smalltown Boy video but have never seen it listed anywhere.

If you ever get a chance to hear BF's Sapphire and Steel: Cruel Immortality...