Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is the title an allusion to the impending relinquishing of the Big Finish license on behalf of all the people who have spent a decade collecting the buggers?

Si.

Could all cynics in the building report to the furnace please?

Is the title an allusion to the impending relinquishing of the Big Finish license on behalf of all the people who have spent a decade collecting the buggers?
    All Eight Doctors Who, about 15 years late.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well, I've only gone and pre-ordered the super special deluxe edition.

Yup, I'm a sucker, apparently!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I'll come to you next time I need a mug to take money off. Oh look, there goes your doorbell now!

Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...-s-edition-860

November 23rd 1963 proves to be a significant day in the lives of all eight Doctors…

It's the day that Bob Dovie's life is ripped apart…

It's also a day that sets in motion a catastrophic chain of events which forces the first eight incarnations of the Doctor to fight for their very existence. As a mysterious, insidious chaos unfolds within the TARDIS, the barriers of time break apart…

From suburban England through war-torn alien landscapes and into a deadly, artificial dimension, all these Doctors and their companions must struggle against the power of an unfathomable, alien technology.

From the very beginning, it is clear that the Master is somehow involved. By the end, for the Doctors, there may only be darkness.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It begins...

Recording of "The Light at the End" is underway with the Fifth and Seventh Doctors plus the Master all in studio today!

Latest news:

New details have emerged about The Light at the End, the two-hour full cast audio drama from Big Finish that will celebrate fifty years of Doctor Who. Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann will be together playing the Doctor, and are accompanied by companions Louise Jameson as Leela, Sarah Sutton as Nyssa, Nicola Bryant as Peri, Sophie Aldred as Ace and India Fisher as Charley. Flying the flag for the forces of evil is Geoffrey Beevers as The Master, who has devised his most cunning plan yet.

The guest cast for Doctor Who: The Light at the End includes Oliver Hume as an early incarnation of Straxus (a Time Lord who has appeared several times before in the audio dramas, most recently in Dark Eyes), John Dorney as Bob Dovie, and Nicholas Briggs, who plays the mysterious Vess.

“And that’s not all,” reveals producer David Richardson. “There’s a whole host of small cameo appearances by much-loved Doctor Who stars. We’ve called these moments ‘little kisses to the past’.”

Briefly dropping in will be (deep breath) William Russell as Ian, Carole Ann Ford as Susan, Maureen O’Brien as Vicki, Peter Purves as Steven, Jean Marsh as Sara, Anneke Wills as Polly, Frazer Hines as Jamie, Wendy Padbury as Zoe, Katy Manning as Jo, Janet Fielding as Tegan and Mark Strickson as Turlough!

“It’s a mighty cast list,” says writer, director and executive producer Nicholas Briggs, “and it was a huge logistical challenge to get everyone to the studio to record this new material for us. Though we wanted to include every surviving actor from the Doctor’s past, it wasn’t possible – but we did manage to get nearly everyone!”

Doctor Who: The Light at the End is available for pre-order now, as both a 5-disc limited collectors' edition and a 2-disc standard edition.

I know Big Finish have a huge arsenal of Dr Who stories and I generally think "na, I won't buy that".

But this time, I think I just might buy it.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

They're bringing back all the stars they can to celebrate the Anniversary; that's all you can ask really. That's what you should do to celebrate a milestone like 50 years.

Si.

Which, as you've pointed out at least once , is what you're after to celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who
    (or at least 50 years since the start of Doctor Who )
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Though we wanted to include every surviving actor from the Doctor’s past, it wasn’t possible
    No, really..?

They were one away. But June Bland locked herself in a shed on the Isle and Mann and refused to come out. The recording schedule collapsed, and so did the shed.

Si.

The good news is, June made a raft out of the remains of the shed, and is currently paddling round Britain on it.

Interesting to see the billing order .... well someone had to be last :-)

Purely chronological, I assure you.

That lenticular picture is so very weird. They do look like they've got the Character Options action figures and stuck photos of the Doctors' heads on. Very, very freaky.

That photo on the right suggests that perhaps all of the Doctors were photoshopped for the cover of DWM, but not in the way we thought they were! I want to believe they got them all into a room like that.

I like the use of the 'Official' logo too. Perhaps not as inspired as the 30th Anniversary and Doctor W40 logos, but nice nevertheless.

IT'S COMING!

Doctor Who: The Light at the End is out now!

We’re very pleased to announce that today is the day we’re beginning the release of our 50th anniversary Doctor Who story The Light at the End. We’re beginning with the Limited Edition CD box set.

It's the 23rd of October, one month ahead of the anniversary of Doctor Who on the 23rd of November, and as of today, the digital download releases for all versions of Doctor Who: The Light at the End will be made available. This includes the Limited Edition, the Standard Edition and the Vinyl Edition.

Mailing out of the Limited Edition CD version has begun today.

Nick Briggs, executive producer: ‘The Standard Edition CDs should start to be mailed out this coming Friday, and the Vinyl Edition will start mailing on November 2nd.

‘With the anniversary of Doctor Who imminent,’ continues Nick, ‘and everyone champing at the bit for the celebrations to begin, we thought it only right and proper that our special anniversary full-cast audio should be released a tiny bit early. Our plans for this very nearly went awry when the company responsible for the physical production of our CDs (and LPs!), Key Productions, experienced a series of unforeseeable problems beyond their control. This is what has caused the slight delay on the Standard Edition and the slightly longer delay of the Vinyl Edition. But for all our customers who can access the digital versions of all these releases, they can listen straight away.

‘We know that those customers who favour listening to the CD or the LP rather than downloading a digital version, might find this a little frustrating, but we thought this course of action would benefit the vast majority of our loyal listeners. We offer our sincerest apologies to any customers who find this decision doesn’t suit them, and hope they will understand our reasons for going ahead with the releases now.’

So, for Big Finish Productions, the 50th anniversary has started early. And for any of you who haven't yet ordered your copy of Doctor Who: The Light at the End, it will be on sale at the Dimensions 2013 convention (all tickets now sold) in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, where the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors (Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann) will be making guest appearances.

http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/rele...th-anniversary

It's in my download inbox. Do I wait for the shiny discs or not??

To coin a phrase Oh My!!

To coin a phrase Oh My!!
    You know, that's just what I thought Richard!

The demand has crashed their server!