Default Project Skaro - Celebrating 50 Years: We need your help!

I've mentioned this on a couple of thread, and had some positive feedback. Following a green light, I've decided we'll make it happen!

The idea is with this year celebrating 50 years of Doctor Who, it'd be nice to put something together for the forum, by the forum to celebrate it our own way. The plan like the wonderful Brenty Four series is to put together an electronic book which can be consumed on Kindle, iPad or your computer in PDF.

In a nutshell, Project Skaro (what we'll call it for now) is a collection of writing and original work from the folks at Planet Skaro.

I'm looking for short stories. But also I'm looking for much broader than that. I'm looking for people to write articles about an era, about your favourite Doctor, your relationship with Who, maybe even a few trivia questions, profiles on monster or companions.

What I'd like you to think about is the old Doctor Who annuals - how they'd be this amazing grab-bag of pieces about Who. It wasn't just stories, it was a mix of everything Who.

Roughly in my head I see there being 6 "sections" which I'd hope to have some balanced material for ...
    • The Revolutionary 60s
    • The Technicolour 70s
    • The Upwardly Mobile 80s
    • The Hopeful 90s
    • The Far Future of the 21st Century
    • The Wild, Wild World of Fandom

If you are interested, please contact me - mike_talks@hotmail.com

I suggest you DM me as well, just in case my email picks it up as spam.

It's useful to let me know what you're working on - just in case we have 4 people all writing "how David Tennants Doctor was the bestest, sexiest Doctor of them all". You can have too much of a good thing after all!

Also roughly, lets say no more than about 20 pages per piece (otherwise it'll get too big). However at the other end of the scale, no piece will be too small.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Ooo! Sounds like a good project. I'll have to have a look into this
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Just wondering what sort of response you've had to this Mike - I've a sort of idea of something I'd like to write, but haven't sat down to put that into words yet. But it's on the 'to do' list!!

Excellent - I'm putting together a framework, and I think there's enough material to get started.

The great thing about the model I'm using is, you can revise things when needed.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I'll write something for you Mike

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.