Default The Visitation- Revisited!

First looks at new extras for this DVD:

00:45:08:13 GRIM TALES - REVISITING THE VISITATION
    00:27:29:06 DR. FOREVER! - THE APOCALYPSE ELEMENT
    00:32:11:20 DOCTOR WHO - THE TELEVISION CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

NICE!

Also full details on extras:

Extras
    Commentary with Peter Davison (the Fifth Doctor), Janet Fielding (Tegan), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Matthew Waterhouse (Adric) and director Peter Moffatt.
    Grim Tales - Brand-new 45-minute documentary. Former companion Mark Strickson takes Peter Davison, Janet Fielding and Sarah Sutton back to the original filming locations while other cast and crew discuss their memories of the story.
    The Television Centre of the Universe: Part One - Peter Davison, Mark Strickson and Janet Fielding return to BBC Television Centre and meet up with old friends and colleagues to reminisce on their time in the iconic building.
    Doctor Forever: The Apocalypse Element - Examining the world of Doctor Who on audio. Including interviews with Colin Baker, Russell T Davies, Mark Gatiss and many others.
    Film Trims Shots and sequences cut from the finished programme
    Directing Who: Peter Moffatt
    Writing A Final Visitation
    Scoring The Visitation - Interview with composer Paddy Kingsland
    Subtitle Production Notes
    Radio Times listings and BBC Sales Sheet
    Photo Gallery
    Coming soon trailer
    Isolated Music Score
    Easter Egg
    Digitally remastered picture and sound quality

Love the cover!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Looks like a packed programme tonight! I've got fond memories of this story so I'll deffo be getting this one.

That is a rather good cover.

More details:
    Grim Tales (dur 45’09”) – cast members Peter Davison, Janet Fielding and Sarah Sutton are taken on a trip back to the filming locations used in the story by fellow TARDIS travelling companion Mark Strickson. A slice of a very impressive cake awaits them at the manor house in return for their memories of the time...

The Television Centre of the Universe – Part One (dur 32’12”) – Blue Peter presenter Yvette Fielding takes Peter Davison, Mark Strickson and Janet Fielding on a trip through BBC Television Centre, meeting up with old friends and colleagues as they reminisce on their time spent working in the iconic building. With film traffic supervisor Neville Withers, assistant floor manager Sue Hedden, costume designer Odile Dicks-Mireaux, production assistant Jane Ashford, make-up artists Joan Stribling and Carolyn Perry, and BBC producer and writer Richard Marson.

Doctor Forever – The Apocalypse Element (dur 27’29”) – the latest instalment of our new series looks at the work of those who kept Doctor Who alive in the form of audio adventures following the TV’s show’s cancellation in 1989. With actors Colin Baker, William Russell and Lisa Bowerman, new series executive producer Russell T Davies, Big Finish executive producers Jason Haigh-Ellery, Nicholas Briggs and Gary Russell, Big Finish producer David Richardson, BBC range editor Steve Cole, writers Mark Gatiss, Robert Shearman, Paul Cornell, Joseph Lidster and Justin Richards, and AudioGO commissioning editor Michael Stevens. Introduced by Ayesha Antoine.

The Television Centre of the Universe
    Worth the price of entry on it's own! VAMtastic.

(Although it could be rubbish of course.)
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

First Doctor Who DVD ever that we won't be buying on release...

Si.

Really? I fell off the rails as far back as the original release of Vengeance on Varos.

We didn't buy Varos on release last year. Or the American Key to Time. If that counts.

I don't thik the American Key to Time counts for much at all.

I always wait until the revisitations drop in price. Well I say always, I'm doing a complete series run through with production subtitles, so I've had to pay full whack for Axos and Ark in Space. I haven't bought Greatest Show yet though

cast members Peter Davison, Janet Fielding and Sarah Sutton are taken on a trip back to the filming locations used in the story by fellow TARDIS travelling companion Mark Strickson.
    I don't remember Mark Strickson using any locations in this story.
    A slice of a very impressive cake awaits them at the manor house in return for their memories of the time...
    This could be the start of a new series of extras in which series regulars compete for cake, the winner being the one with the best anecdotes. I look forward to 'The Ice Warriors' one in which Frazer and Debbie trot out the usual, exaggerated and inaccurate in order to win a massive piece of Victoria Sponge:

"Time's running out, Frazer."
    "Um... er... erm... oh I know, so I had to look up at the Emperor Dalek and say, 'Look at the balls on that thing!'"
    *PING* "Well done, you've won the jam!"

Well, this one is on the way. I'll report back over the weekend, with any luck whether it's a worthwhile improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Well, this one is on the way. I'll report back over the weekend, with any luck whether it's a worthwhile improvement!
    Mine's on the way too, courtesy of the BBC shop where I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago with a promo code which gave me a bargain price of £12.59.
    I'm gonna be away for the weekend so I won't get much chance to see if there are any improvements on it, but it'll keep.

The main new extra reminded me of a PS Location trip- all that standing around wondering if they were in the right bit of the location and then coming to the conclusion that they probably were but couldn't be sure! It looked like they were all having a good time remeniscing about this one, and of course they took the piss out of Matthew as usual too.

The BBC TV Centre one was nice too, but was maybe spoilt by them going over the old well known stories a bit too much- Yvette Fielding obviously had a prompt list to work from as she managed to shoehorn them all in. I enjoyed it, but maybe after seeing Tales of Television Centre (the definitive work!) I'm a bit TV Centre-d out at the moment.

The Doctor Forever was as good as always covering audio work. Really enjoying this series. Lots of Big Finish, nice stuff from Colin about them and a big big dig at piracy!

The new film transfers looked lovely on the episodes themselves.

So, an OK re-release overall. But nothing to rush out and get really.