Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wow, that actually is quite exciting - to actually see Hartnell as 'himself'.

Wow! What a superb and interesting find!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Can't wait to see that! Definitely a special Extra!

I wonder how much footage of Hartnell there actually is in existance?

Worth buying the Tenth Planet for.

Full details of the set...

Disc One Contents

Commentary with actors Anneke Wills (Polly), Christopher Matthews (Radar Technician), Earl Cameron (Williams), Alan White (Schultz), Donald Van Der Maaten (Cybermen Shav and Gern), Christopher Dunham (R/T Technician) and designer Peter Kindred. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
    Frozen Out - Cast and crew look back on the making of the story. With actors Anneke Wills, Earl Cameron and Reg Whitehead, designer Peter Kindred and vision mixer Shirley Coward.
    Episode 4 VHS Reconstruction - The reconstruction of the missing fourth episode using audio, stills and surviving clips, which featured on the BBC Video VHS release of the story back in 2000.
    Radio Times listings - Episode listings for The Tenth Planet from the BBC listings magazine Radio Times (DVD-ROM only – to be viewed on PC/Mac).
    Production subtitles - Subtitles provide the viewer with cast details, script development and other information related to the production of The Tenth Planet.
    Photo gallery - A selection of production, design and publicity photographs from this story.
    Coming soon - An exclusive new trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.

Doctor Who: The Tenth Planet DVD cover
    Disc Two Contents

William Hartnell Interview - Shortly after leaving Doctor Who, star William Hartnell joined the 1966 Christmas pantomime tour of Puss in Boots. Interviewed in his dressing room for the BBC Bristol’s Points West programme, Hartnell talks frankly about Daleks, the merits of pantomime and his own thoughts on his future career in this extremely rare glimpse into the mind of the man who first brought the role of the Doctor to life…
    Doctor Who Stories – Anneke Wills - Anneke Wills look back on her role as Polly in the series, in an interview recorded for the BBC’s Story of Doctor Who in 2003.
    The Golden Age - Historian Dominic Sandbrook examines the myth of a ‘Golden Age’ of Doctor Who.
    Boys! Boys! Boys! - Peter Purves, Frazer Hines and Mark Strickson reminisce about their time as companions to the First, Second and Fifth Doctors respectively.
    Companion Piece - A psychologist, writers and some of the Doctor’s companions over the years examine what it means to be a Time Lord’s fellow traveller . With actors William Russell, Elisabeth Sladen, Louise Jameson, Nicola Bryant and Arthur Darvill, writers Nev Fountain and Joseph Lidster, and psychologist Dr Tomas Charmorro-Premuzic.
    Blue Peter: Doctor Who's Tenth Anniversary - Two weeks before the show’s tenth anniversary, the Blue Peter team take a look back at Doctor Who’s history. Ironically, the strict preservation of Blue Peter’s history means that the clip of the first regeneration has been preserved, but the final episode of The Tenth Planet that it came from was never again seen after its use here.

Are Michael Craze's links for the originally planned VHS not going to be included? I thought they would be.

Is it Donald Van Der Maaten and not Gregg Palmer (who appeared in various western TV shows and movies) who played Shav and Gern? There's been a bit of uncertainty for a while over this. Also, is Christopher Dunham the same person who became the Artistic Director of the Palace Theatre in Westcliff-on-Sea?

I suspect they must have sorted out who played Shav and Gern, or else they wouldn't have Donald included on the commentary! Well, hopefully anyway...

As for the Michael Craze links, I don't know. Maybe they're on as an Easter Egg?

Mine's been despatched.
    I wonder if we'll all be buying this story again next year.

I'm holding off on this and Ice Warriors for now...

Mines on the way from the BBC shop, so I'll let you know at the weekend if I'm watching the proper pt 4

Then I'll go and buy a parka for the forthcoming "Tenth Planet Party"!