Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Incredibleness is on the way. From some news site or other on Facebook:

Doctor Who Series 8 will be Incredible.

Doctor Who’s new Executive Producer Brian Minchin (Seen in picture) has spoken briefly about the future of the show.

He says in the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine: “My main job now is staring in awe at the 50th Anniversary special and wondering ‘How the hell do we follow on from that?! Then, when I stop gawping and wondering, ‘How did they do that bit, and that one, and that bit!’ I will start work on the Christmas episode, written by Steven Moffat himself.”

Asked what fans can look forward to next year he said: “A whole new series! But we certainly won’t be releasing the details of that series right now in May 2013. Oh dear, that sounds mean! Well, I can tell you that I have just spent a very happy few days meeting some scarily clever writers, and we have an incredible set of stories to work on. More adventures ahead!”

The question is, will this “whole new series” be split once again?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Will it take over TV?

Si.

It's difficult to find a link, but there's apparently an embargo until midnight tonight on some Doctor Who news.
    Some speculation about it has surprisingly annoyed me!

Whenever they do that, it's always really disappointing.
    "The Daleks might be back!"
    "This isn't the end of River Song's story!"
    "We're getting six episodes next year!"
    "There's a new Script Editor!"

Yawn...
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Whenever they do that, it's always really disappointing.
    "The Daleks might be back!"
    "This isn't the end of River Song's story!"
    "We're getting six episodes next year!"
    "There's a new Script Editor!"

Yawn...
    Here's some tweets collected from another site

Doctor Who Online ‏@DrWhoOnline

"Its the end... But the moment has been prepared for" Keep you eyes and ears peeled in the next few hours folks!

Blogtor Who ‏@BlogtorWho

Weird. The Sunday People just rang me. They wanted to know who I think should play the new Doctor Who. Interesting...

Jenny Colgan ‏@jennycolgan

@BlogtorWho so it an announcement imminent do you think?

Blogtor Who ‏@BlogtorWho

@jennycolgan I've heard murmerings today. And then I got that call. Could be nothing. Could be *everything*.

Ian Jones ‏@metro_land

Very big Dr Who news embargoed till midnight. Wonder who'll dare break it first?

Doctor Who Online ‏@DrWhoOnline

Can't say much more but we have been contacted by a couple of newspapers regarding some news that will be EVERYWHERE tomorrow.

Adrian Bott ‏@Cavalorn
    Oh gawd here we go. 'Major Doctor Who news' embargoed until midnight, allegedly.

Robin Henry ‏@Robin_Henry (Sunday Times journalist)
    @Cavalorn it'll be on front page of our paper well before then

Paul_Cornell ‏@Paul_Cornell (Human Nature writer)

Oh, Doctor Who fans, we're at that shared moment of the numinous again. The band is splitting up, long live the band.

Tom Spilsbury ‏@TomSpilsbury (Doctor Who Magazine editor)

My ugly face will be on @BBCBreakfast tomorrow - sometime after 6:30, I believe. I tell you this so you can make sure you don't see it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLs9reYCUAElpo6.jpg

Bottom right corner of that link.

Yeah - indeed! http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...ts-doctor-who/

Although I've seen rumours flying around on this for a bit
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

Oh my! I will miss him.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

Outrageous!

Tom Spilsbury has a gorgeous face.

Seriously though- Smith announced he was staying for Series 8 less than a fortnight ago. What was the point in that?

Perhaps they can start making Series 8 with the new Doctor before the Christmas special and we can actually have 14 episodes next year!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Sad to see Matt, has decided to leave but after Karen and Arthur's decision to go it was inevitable Matt would soon follow as the 3 of
    them were such a close knit team. Having said that I'm glad he is going now as for me 3 series is about right for playing the Doctor as I feel any thing longer and there is a danger of things becoming stale.

Any way Matt , has been a fantastic Doctor, the fact that I had never heard of him never bothered when he was first introduced to us never bothered me in the least and the moment his head popped out of the crashed TARDIS in The 11th Hour he had completely won me over.

I'm currently being taken to task on Twitter for claiming Matt said he was back for Series 8. Apparently he never did.

Smith - who has shaved his head for Gosling's film - went on to say: "We come back and shoot the Christmas special over the summer, then we go on to the next series, which will either start filming at the end of this year or at the start of 2014."
    It seems Matt Smith uses a different definition of the word 'we' to the rest of the world.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

We always suspected that "we" to be honest.

And he was probably asked outright anyway, so had to decide in a heartbeat to either break a massive news story too early and betray his employers or tell a lie to Mr J. Jones of The Daily Rag. Which would you do?

Si.

You could fix it with semantics such as:
    We come back and shoot the Christmas special over the summer, then the plan is that shooting will being on the next series, which will either start filming at the end of this year or at the start of 2014.

Not that it really makes much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by brandynigma View Post
    I'm currently being taken to task on Twitter for claiming Matt said he was back for Series 8. Apparently he never did.

It seems Matt Smith uses a different definition of the word 'we' to the rest of the world.
    Rule number 1 : The Doctor Lies
    Bazinga !

So what. Interviewers ask outright spoilery questions all the time, to which an honest answer either way will give stuff away, or even a refusal to answer will give stuff away. So... Matt or anyone else should feel free to lie all they like.

You could fix it with semantics such as:
    We come back and shoot the Christmas special over the summer, then the plan is that shooting will being on the next series, which will either start filming at the end of this year or at the start of 2014.
    You don't get time to think about it when you're put on the spot though!

Si.

Actors are not politicians. We didn't vote for them and they're not publicly accountable. I'm happy for them to lie their socks off about involvement (or not) in future stories. It won't make me think any less of them.

I'm happy for them to lie their socks off
    They said that Season 8 would be 'Incredible'!

*cough* Taking over TV. *cough*

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    We always suspected that "we" to be honest.

And he was probably asked outright anyway, so had to decide in a heartbeat to either break a massive news story too early and betray his employers or tell a lie to Mr J. Jones of The Daily Rag. Which would you do?

Si.
    I hadn't thought of it that way! Cheers.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Doctor Who Series 8 will air in August 2014.

Series 8, the 12th Doctor’s debut series, will air in August 2014 and will be an uninterrupted run, according to recent rumours.

The Sun claim: Beeb bosses had to admit Matt’s exit after a leaked email from its commercial arm, BBC Worldwide, to clients gave the game away.

The mail, sent last Friday, told of plans to air 12 new episodes from August 2014. Crucially, it said: "This will give the new Doctor a chance to develop with the audience."
    Bloody August! No-one will watch!

Si.

It could be the very end of August like Let's Kill Hitler. And that seemed to do OK. Don't panic Si! Don't panic!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Even if it does start in August, it'll run till October or November if we get 13 episodes in one run... my god, I'm salivating at the prospect of that much Doctor Who in one go!