Default Bombs at the Boston marathon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22160691

Two people have been killed and 23 injured after two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, police say.

The blasts shattered the carnival atmosphere of one of the biggest sporting events in the US, causing panic and confusion.
    Bloodied victims were initially rushed to a medical tent set up to care for fatigued runners.

Emergency services descended on the scene, which was quickly locked down.

The cause of the explosions has yet to be confirmed.
    Deplorable and terrible act isn't it? I hope it doesn't take long to find out who's behind it and bring them to justice.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Awful news. There appears to be some explosion in JFK Library in Boston too

That's terrible. Really upsetting.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

There's been no other news all night, this has been the main topic.
    Two people killed, one of them an eight year old girl, and about 130 injured, some seriously maimed.
    No firm answers yet on who has done this.

Latest is 3 have died & 140 injured. Really shocking news & has sparked off tighter security for all future events of this nature.

It appears that one of the blasts (possible all) was in a rubbish bin (trash can as reported).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    Awful news. There appears to be some explosion in JFK Library in Boston too
    First I've heard of that - I've only heard of the ones on the marathon course. Assumedly no one was hurt there - well i hope not!

Apparently there was an unrelated fire at the JFK Library due to some bad electrical wiring that at first was thought to be related due to it happening at about the same time. It was also reported yesterday that there were two unexploded devices found, which also turned out not to be true.

Hopefully they find who did this and justice is done.

Well that's something, I suppose. Who set the boms is the main concern now. From what I gather, as far as anyone knows it could be anyone from Al-Qaeda to goodness knows who.

Very sad, but again a very unbalanced and American-biased job by the news over here. No mention of the many more people killed on the same day by a bombing campaign in Iraq, at least not that I noticed during the hours and hours or rolling news about Boston.

No Americans/Britains/Australians were killed in Iraq - there was no "local angle" - so of course it wasn't covered

But I'm not American or Australian, neither are most people in this country. In fact Iraq is closer than either of those places...

Anyway, I have no wish to derail a thread about what is, after all, still a very nasty and tragic event, so I won't say more.