Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Doctor Twelve - Latest Rumoured Announcement Rumoured To Be Soon!

It's official, Matt is leaving at Christmas, meaning that once again there's a need for a new Who to helm series 8.

So, it's a question that we've asked a few times this century already, but... who do you think should be the new Doctor Who?

I really can't decide. I'd rather it went to a relatively unknown like Matt was.
    So that rules out Benedict for a start!
    Whoever he is, I hope he gets a great run.

Who ever he is - I hope he's older!

But then again - I'll miss you Matt :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    I . I'd rather it went to a relatively unknown like Matt was.
    Both Matt, and David were relatively unknown actors yet they have gone on to cement themselves as 2 of the most popular Doctors, and for me shows that we don't need a big well known actor to play Doctor number 12. As for who I want next I don't really know but assuming Steven Moffet is still producer for series 8 then I have complete faith in his decision for the next Doctor.

Not a woman. Unless it's Miriam Margoyles.

Not Bendyclit cummysnatch.

Not a famous name.

Someone who, like Matt, was different, fresh, a little unconventional and wild.

Let us not forget that a Time Lord regenerates to renew himself, so it always has not made sense for him to get older.

Si.

Alexander Siddig or Dominic Keating, please!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Both Matt, and David were relatively unknown actors yet they have gone on to cement themselves as 2 of the most popular Doctors.
    That's what I love about the role, it really makes the actor. It's always made the actor.

Damian Maloney please.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I agree with Si. It's getting ridiculous with the calls for a lady Doctor.

I REALLY do quite like the idea of Siddig! I think the general consensus will agree it should (and probably will be) someone we vaguely know, but is essentially an unknown. Also, definitely older please. Curious if he'll be English, though …

I wouldn't mind Alexander Siddig either, Bashir could be a bit smarmy at times but Siddig himself has really impressed me in other roles, and he was especially good in 24.

Like Beastie I think the actor needs to be really quite different from Matt, and a lot older too, personally I'd like to see Kevin McKidd (who I've wanted for a while now) take on the role, or Hugh Laurie (though I know that's never going to happen). And I wouldn't mind if it was Robert Gillespie. I hear he's free for filming at the moment.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

The BBC is today announcing that Matt Smith is to leave Doctor Who after four incredible years on the hit BBC One show. Matt first stepped into the TARDIS in 2010 and will leave the role at the end of this year after starring in the unmissable 50th Anniversary in November and regenerating in the Christmas special. During his time as the Doctor, Matt has reached over 30 million unique UK viewers and his incarnation has seen the show go truly global. He was also the first actor to be nominated for a BAFTA in the role.

Matt quickly won over fans to be voted Best Actor by Readers of Doctor Who Magazine for the 2010 season. He also received a nod for his first series at the National Television Awards, before winning the Most Popular Male Drama Performance award in 2012.

Matt has played one of the biggest roles in TV with over 77 million fans in the UK, USA and Australia alone!

Matt Smith says: "Doctor Who has been the most brilliant experience for me as an actor and a bloke, and that largely is down to the cast, crew and fans of the show. I'm incredibly grateful to all the cast and crew who work tirelessly every day, to realise all the elements of the show and deliver Doctor Who to the audience. Many of them have become good friends and I'm incredibly proud of what we have achieved over the last four years.

Having Steven Moffat as show runner write such varied, funny, mind bending and brilliant scripts has been one of the greatest and most rewarding challenges of my career. It's been a privilege and a treat to work with Steven, he's a good friend and will continue to shape a brilliant world for the Doctor.

The fans of Doctor Who around the world are unlike any other; they dress up, shout louder, know more about the history of the show (and speculate more about the future of the show) in a way that I've never seen before, your dedication is truly remarkable. Thank you so very much for supporting my incarnation of the Time Lord, number Eleven, who I might add is not done yet, I'm back for the 50th anniversary and the Christmas special!

It's been an honour to play this part, to follow the legacy of brilliant actors, and helm the TARDIS for a spell with 'the ginger, the nose and the impossible one'. But when ya gotta go, ya gotta go and Trenzalore calls. Thank you guys. Matt."

Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer, says : "Every day, on every episode, in every set of rushes, Matt Smith surprised me: the way he'd turn a line, or spin on his heels, or make something funny, or out of nowhere make me cry, I just never knew what was coming next. The Doctor can be clown and hero, often at the same time, and Matt rose to both challenges magnificently. And even better than that, given the pressures of this extraordinary show, he is one of the nicest and hardest-working people I have ever had the privilege of knowing. Whatever we threw at him - sometimes literally - his behaviour was always worthy of the Doctor.

But great actors always know when it's time for the curtain call, so this Christmas prepare for your hearts to break, as we say goodbye to number Eleven. Thank you Matt - bow ties were never cooler.

Of course, this isn't the end of the story, because now the search begins. Somewhere out there right now - all unknowing, just going about their business - is someone who's about to become the Doctor. A life is going to change, and Doctor Who will be born all over again! After 50 years, that's still so exciting!"

Having starred alongside three different companions, Amy Pond (Karen Gillan), Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill) and most recently Clara Oswald (Jenna Coleman), Matt's Doctor has fought Daleks and Cybermen, as well as Weeping Angels in New York. Regularly heard shouting 'run' and 'Geronimo', through Matt's Doctor fans have been introduced to a new culinary combination - fish fingers and custard!

Matt's spectacular exit is yet to be revealed and will be kept tightly under wraps. He will return to BBC One screens in the unmissable 50th anniversary episode on Saturday 23rd November 2013 - TUNE IN!

We’ll have exclusive quotes from Jenna on this site tomorrow and a special video from Matt - coming soon!
    Just wanted to quote that from the BBC.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"Trenzalore calls"

That's where the Doctor dies, not regenerates into his twelfth self. Is Matt getting confused? Or does he know something we don't?

Si.

I expect he does, Si, I expect he does!

Beryl Reid!

James Callis.

Harry Lloyd?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    James Callis.
    YES!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

That's where the Doctor dies, not regenerates into his twelfth self. Is Matt getting confused? Or does he know something we don't?
    Death isn't the handicap it used to be in the pre-Moffat era.

Oh yes - Adrian Lester! Again.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Rory Kinnear seems to be the favourite at the moment. He's be excellent!

I'm holding out for someone ginger. Perhaps Prince Harry is available?
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

Do you know, just for a moment I read Si's post as Roy Kinnear. I mean, interesting idea, but a tad late I think...

I feel really ignorant, in that I only recognise about 2 of the names mentioned on here so far. I really don't know who I'd plump for - there seemed to be loads of names in the frame back in 2008, although ironically none of them was Matt Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Do you know, just for a moment I read Si's post as Roy Kinnear...
    I did the same.

Colonel Runaway should play the Doctor, because that's all the actors ever do...

Here are the latest odds from Ladbrokes -

Who will be the 12th Doctor Who?

•3/1 Rory Kinnear
    •4/1 David Harewood
    •5/1 Dan Stevens
    •6/1 Benedict Cumberbatch
    •6/1 Colin Morgan
    •8/1 Daniel Mays
    •10/1 Alex Jennings
    •16/1 Tom Hiddleston
    •20/1 Helen Mirren
    •20/1 David Tennant
    •20/1 David Walliams
    •25/1 Tim Wright
    •25/1 Richard Armitage
    •25/1 Daniel Radcliffe
    •33/1 Tony Head
    •33/1 Miranda Hart
    •33/1 Hugh Lawrie
    •50/1 Bill Bailey
    •50/1 James Corden

•3/1 Rory Kinnear - Fair enough.
    •4/1 David Harewood - Not for me.
    •5/1 Dan Stevens - Possible.
    •6/1 Benedict Cumberbatch - I can't see it myself.
    •6/1 Colin Morgan - Nah,looks too young. (I know he is young but some look older than they are)
    •8/1 Daniel Mays - Could be very good.
    •10/1 Alex Jennings - Not for me.
    •16/1 Tom Hiddleston - I can't see him wanting the gig.
    •20/1 Helen Mirren - Oh please!!!!
    •20/1 David Tennant - Nope, been there, done that.
    •20/1 David Walliams - Dear god no.
    •25/1 Tim Wright - Who??
    •25/1 Richard Armitage - That would get the 30somethings watching...of both sexes.
    •25/1 Daniel Radcliffe - Not in a million.
    •33/1 Tony Head - Nope.
    •33/1 Miranda Hart -
    •33/1 Hugh Lawrie - He'll never do it.
    •50/1 Bill Bailey - Very good outside choice...but he'll never get the 30somethings watching again.
    •50/1 James Corden - Nope...really no.