Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Captain Tancredi Guest

Default Ian's Who VHS Clearout

Well, it's time, I think- my VCR is now defunct so there doesn't seem to be much point in holding on to the vast majority of my VHS releases and I may as well flog them off as go to the trouble of buying a new VCR- the space saving is unbelievable. So here's a link to my current Ebay sales- more will be added each weekend because I don't want to be lumbered with a huge postage bill before I've had anybody's money! Bid high!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...onysQ5funicorn

I've not seen "The creature from the pit" since 1979 either. Is it worth it?
    I must admit, just when I think I'm king, I just begin!

Definitely, Carol - it lives in the shadow of "City of Death" but is still a superb slice of 1970s Tom!!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Baynes View Post
    I've not seen "The creature from the pit" since 1979 either. Is it worth it?
    For 2.50, Carol? Come on! If nothing else, it's one of K9's better stories (although I am of course trying to sell it )

More stuff going on today.

K9 has a camp voice in season 17 though!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Yes, but it's worth it purely for his first scene alone- K9 reading 'Peter Rabbit' to the Doctor could only have happened in S17!

Captain Tancredi Guest

More stuff put on tonight, although for some reason Ebay wouldn't let me list 'Shada', so that's on Amazon.

Not a bad first go- 'The Krotons' made 8.72 and 'Masque' 4.70 with 'Android Invasion' and 'Creature' lagging behind for a couple of quid. You missed a bargain there, Carol! Hope you didn't think I was taking the mickey too much.

To give an idea of the sorts of things which will be going on in the next few weeks, the remainder of my official BBC tapes looks something like this. I don't mind giving the odd one or two to friends so if anything leaps out at you and says "You want me!", send me a pm and we'll sort something out.

E-Space trilogy
    Cyberman box set
    Master box set
    First Doctor box set
    Davros WH Smith exclusive set (may well just sell Destiny on its own)
    Frontier in Space
    Doctor Who and the Silurians
    Planet of the Spiders
    Horns of Nimon
    Planet of Evil
    Curse of Peladon
    Nightmare of Eden
    The Chase
    Image of the Fendahl
    The War Games
    Arc of Infinity
    Curse of Fatal Death
    Last edited by Captain Tancredi; 5th Mar 2007 at 7:31 PM. Reason: Forgot that The Rescue/The Romans was already on Amazon- and somebody was prepared to pay for it!!!

WhiteCrow Guest

I just cleared out over 200 assorted videos this weekend - a habbit that got really out of hand.

Can we form a recovery group???

I want The E-space trilogy.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Baynes View Post
    I want The E-space trilogy.
    Funnily enough, that's one I'm putting on tonight so feel free to have a go. Or you know where my mailbox is if you want to make me an offer...

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    Or you know where my mailbox is if you want to make me an offer...

We really need a Babs Windsor emoticon as a reponse to the Sid one!

"Oh saucy!"

Captain Tancredi Guest

It's on now anyway. Carol, if you do really want it then let me know and we'll sort something out- I don't mind taking it off sale to help you out.

It's on now anyway. Carol, if you do really want it then let me know and we'll sort something out- I don't mind taking it off...to help you out..

Captain Tancredi Guest

In an attempt to drag this out of the gutter, I have to say that realistically if Carol so much as looked into my eyes and smiled, she could walk out of this flat with every video, DVD, book and CD in the place...

In an attempt to drag this out of the gutter...
    You're fighting a losing battle there Ian.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I'm a sucker for feminine wiles-always have been- so this is just a repeat of the time in primary school when my not-quite-girlfriend gave me a kiss and walked out of the house with about half my comic collection.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Just out of interest, thought I'd share how much things went for so as to prove there's no link between quality and value.

E-Space trilogy 21.02
    Cybermen tin 10.50
    Planet of the Spiders 9.01
    The Krotons 8.72
    Silurians 6.99
    Masque of Mandragora 4.70
    Androids of Tara 4.25
    Ribos Operation 4.10
    Power of Kroll 3.47
    Creature from the Pit 2.45
    Pirate Planet 2.25
    Planet of Evil 2.20
    Android Invasion 2.20
    War Machines 1.25
    Curse of Peladon 99p
    Snakedance failed to sell

My current goers (as per the link above) are Frontier in Space, Image of the Fendahl, The Armageddon Factor and the Master tin. Fortunately I've been selling my Key to Time videos just as somebody in Germany decided he wanted the set...

It also seems odd that everybody on PS now knows what colour my carpet is...

Pip Madeley Guest

I got 17.50 for my Cybermen tin a few months ago, I was quite pleased. I may sell my E-Space Trilogy soon if it's going for that sort of price. I got it for 9.99 originally anyway...

Silurians usually does much better than that!

A tidy bit of income there, but it doesn't seem nearly as profitable selling your Who VHS's these days. If the DVD's weren't 100 times better in terms of picture quality and special features, you might still get the obscene amounts that people were once asking for the likes of Inferno and The War Games (around 50!)
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    A tidy bit of income there, but it doesn't seem nearly as profitable selling your Who VHS's these days. If the DVD's weren't 100 times better in terms of picture quality and special features, you might still get the obscene amounts that people were once asking for the likes of Inferno and The War Games (around 50!)
    I don't know, though- as I mentioned in the Key to Time thread, if you include the 7-8 or so that 'The Stones of Blood' went for on Amazon, my Key to Time on VHS will go for roughly the same amount as Matt's R1 DVD set. I suspect the crucial thing is that a steady stream of people have been upgrading to DVD-R in the last couple of years and selling their tapes on once they've done it (not looking at anybody in particular...) -and the knowledge that when a story does come on to DVD, a new copy will sell for about a tenner, so unless you're particularly desperate for one story, it's not worth forking out all that much. I'm not totally mercenary about it , though- as much as anything else, it's the space I'll have free once I've sold everything as much as the money itself.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Latest update on this week's sales:

Image of the Fendahl 6.50
    Frontier in Space 6.01
    Master Tin 5.51
    The Armageddon Factor 3.45

So two six-parters with the Third Doctor and the Master are worth less than one...

Captain Tancredi Guest

And just to keep things up to date:

First Doctor box set 6.51
    The War Games 4.00
    Day of the Daleks (compilation) 3.35
    Nightmare of Eden 3.17

Also Amazon sales of Shada and Survival (the latter presumably to the chronically impatient).

Pip Madeley Guest

And just to keep things up to date:

First Doctor box set 6.51
    That's quite depressing, none of the stories are available on DVD...