Default Tom and Mary and John at Big Finish

The current season, sadly the last, of Tom and Tamm adventures are drawing to a close now. Have you been listening to them? Are they a good continuation of this TARDIS team?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Predictably, the quirky Jonny Morris opener was really fun, the two-release Nick Briggs story somewhat less so. He's STILL mining Audio Visuals plays for ideas

I liked the submarine one though, very good. Another Jonny one.

Si.

Johnny definitely got the relationship between The Doctor and Romana spot on in both his stories. They felt right and it was like they'd just left the studio after recording The Armageddon Factor in some ways. I'm not sure Nick Briggs caught them as well as he did, or managed to get to the knub of this era's storytelling either.

I listened to pt 1 of The Dalek Contract last night. The music and the sound effects and the opening scene in general really felt authentically Graham Williams-y. It was all rather nice I thought.

I've only just finished listening to Justice of Jalxar so I'm afraid I'm a little behind! But yes, I certainly enjoyed The Auntie Matter the most (so far!)

I've listened to The Auntie Matter which was pretty decent all things considered. It has some similarities with Ferril's Folly (a Mary Tamm companion chronicle) but The Auntie Matter scores huge points for not being an enormous bag of diseased rat faeces like that one.

Mary and Tom are predictably superb. With Tom, you often get the feel that he wouldn't have delivered his lines in quite the same way in the 70's, that these days he's more into his 'Little Britain' voice and wonderful eccentric persona, but Mary is spot-on and a real treat. For better or worse, she's exactly the same Romanadvoratrelundar that appeared in the TARDIS all those years ago. Personally I think it's for the better.

It's a real delight to hear the two of them together.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!