Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    I'm not quite sure whether the 'Omnirumour' has started to die a slow painful death, or people have just got right royally fed up with it, but I seem to sense a change in attitude.
    Why, has IL got fed up with the rumours as well...?

Knowing our luck, it's probably just that the BBC don't need any other excuse to get these tings out of the way other than breach-of-copyright-related vindictiveness. It would be nice to be proved wrong though.

Philip Morris is at it AGAIN!! Only this time he's taken a somewhat left turn by talking crap about the replacement of Moffat for some reason?

Doctor Who Producer Steven Moffat could be on his way out of the show to be replaced by Anthony Horowitz, author of the Alex Rider series of novels and the second Tintin film.

Philip Morris, the well connected missing episode hunter who returned The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear to the BBC archive in 2013, has stated publicly that Horowitz’s name is the one seemingly in the frame and being talked about, a claim that has to be taken seriously thanks to Mr Morris’ connections made during his service to the show.

Horowitz, allegedly endorsed by Philip Hinchcliffe for the role, is the author of the Alex Rider series of novels (and Stormbreaker film) as well as The Diamond Brothers series, The Power of Five series and Sherlock Holmes novel The House of Silk. On television he has written for Robin of Sherwood, Poirot, Midsomer Murders and created Crime Traveller, Foyle’s War, Collision and Injustice.

The writer is currently working on the screenplay for The Adventures of Tintin sequel for Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson, due for release in 2015, Steven Moffat having penned the first film of the series.

Rumours have stated for some time that Series 8 could be Moffat’s last, particularly with likely increasing demand for his services in the United States following Sherlock‘s immense success at the Emmys, yet he also hinted in the July edition of Doctor Who Magazine that he was planning the finale of Series 9 for the show.

Other names frequently linked to the role include Mark Gatiss, Neil Cross, Toby Whithouse and Chris Chibnall.
    http://doctorwhoworldwide.com/2014/0...ries-9-rumour/

And what with Ian Levine recovering from a stroke, things are going to turn ugly.
    As usual if Morris actually has anything left then we'll be the last to know. Other Doctor Who forums have tied themselves up in knots commenting on this latest twist.
    At least we can be more amusing about it!
    Never mind who might take over Morris, have you got any more episodes? "Shit or get off the pot"!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    "Shit or get off the pot"!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...oOKgZ9XTvt3GJ3

Well it looks like Phil's turned everyone against him. He went on a big Twitter rant over the weekend.
    And if that wasn't bad enough, even Tom Spilsbury has turned around and just said "Enough. He's got nothing." (Paraphrasing)
    And Ian Levine is tweeting "There will always be 94 episodes".
    So... that's that then. It was a fun ride though! Our only crime was to dream!

Personally I think that there are more episodes out there, but that they are being held back for money / legal reasons. Either that or somebody got upset for some reason and they're holding them back out of spite.

In any case, we won't know anything unless there's an official announcement! It's all speculation.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

So can we get on with something else now?

Just dropped in on the IL/PM spat via Twitter. Bizarre. PM's Jimmy Saville quotes bordering on insane.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

The new, improved Omnirumour, courtesy of BleedingCool....

Doctor Who And The Missing Episodes – What Really Happened?

from a secret source

Phil approached the BBC with news of a massive find, but wanted funding.

They gave him in on condition. He gave them Web, Enemy and Marco. Promised hundreds more. That gets leaked to DWO who go WHAAAAA and are then told to shush.

The BBC gave Phil funding

Meanwhile the source of the eps realised they were worth money and changed the goal posts. Getting them became tricky.

The Beeb pushed Phil. He said he had them all but didn’t so stalled. And stalled. And stalled.

He then started mouthing off about stuff, surmising and assuming. He told WW, the BFI, actors, the RT. He HAD this stuff, of course he does! People start to talk. We get wind of it from various avenues.

But he doesn’t have it. Not really. In the meantime the Beeb are pointing every lead at him, because in their eyes he’s the ME Guy. He’s forced to precure sh*t copies of Power, Massacre and DMP but it’s grainy and some of its soundless. Useless. HE reckons his source has better copies. So he stalls. Starts a small RT of his own to clean up what he had. It’ll be better than nothing.

Web and Enemy come out. Actors go mental. It’s not cleared properly. It stalls Marco.

An estate of an actor in that doesn’t play ball. They’ve seen the popularity of the others and wants a bigger cut. Legality entails.

The BBC go for Phil. Does he have the stuff? Cos if not they need their money back. Or they could absorb TIEA into BBCWW?

Phil panics. Aarrgh. He’s promised this stuff. He’s told the BFI. He’s tried to arrange Press Conferences. He’s even showed Mark Gatiss bits of Power to prove it. But he doesn’t have the majority of it. So he goes online in a charm offensive. The winds in the right direction. Stay tuned. Don’t panic Captain Manwaring… etc etc

Meanwhile, he still tries to procure the remains.

So, in affect, everyone is RIGHT. And wrong.

This is actually what happened. We’ve all been listening to various amounts of Phil’s spin.

Do you see? It all makes sense. No one has anything of worth. Power is in limbo. UM was halted for the same thing – Phil thinks he will get a better copy. Same with Massacre and DMP. Marco’s in legal limbo. And no one can say whats what because until the RT get a hold of this stuff no one knows for sure if they have the Holy Grail or tins full of Balsamic.

The BBC and BFI have lost patience. Phil has started paying funding back. His only way out is to get these things back from Africa. He WILL, he’s confident… but when? Could be tomorrow, could be 2019, could be in 100 years. He’s not lying, no one is. He’s just not being 100% truthful
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

With BleedingCool posting something and running for cover ;-)

It's the way the world is.
    Someone sees something as money-making and they want a (bigger) slice of the pie :-(

We may never get then at this rate. Or we're looking forward to a slow, drawn-out process that will depend on sales of previous releases to find the next.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

We'll believe it when we see it!

But we've already seen almost a dozen episodes of it.

One day, there will be an amazing book published about all this. I hope I live to see it.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

An amazing book, or a depressing one...

"How I almost found 108 missing episodes" by Phil Morris.

Si.

Was just wondering what the latest news/gossip on this was?

From what I can gather, not following it too closely, it's that Ian Levine keeps posting with great authority (and capital letters) that he's still the official Guiness Book of Records holder for finder of the most missing DW episodes. Other than that, zilch.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    From what I can gather, not following it too closely, it's that Ian Levine keeps posting with great authority (and capital letters) that he's still the official Guiness Book of Records holder for finder of the most missing DW episodes.
    No change there then...