WOO HOO !!!!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Is that because I got the file name right?

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Yay! I'll be listening when I get home

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by brandynigma View Post
    Is that because I got the file name right?
    Well that, and that the audio has been released!

I ought to do that more often; you-know, setup the folders and filenames before a story gets released

The RSS feed has been updated, so our subscribers should get the new episode whenever their Podcast software checks in.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Hurrah!

I hope the listeners will enjoy this quiet, reflexive PS Audio where nothing significant happens.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

It can't end like that !!!!

Will no-one think of the children ? Having to go through the next week (s) with that image in their mind ????

You MUST listen.....NOW !!!
    Bazinga !

Wow! Really enjoyed that.

I'll write some more tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake, but that was a very enjoyable episode

Wow! Good stuff.

I think this is one of the best PS Audios yet; a good story and some creepy performances! It's all setting itself up nicely for the next story too.

Woo!

Cast in order of appearance:

Alexander Graham Bell- Mackenzie Williams
    Watson- Michael Bousquet
    The Doctor- Brendan Jones
    Professor Thomas Sterling- Simon Hart
    Frederick Ranklesmith- Ashley Culley
    Bernadette Adams- Ali Pearce
    SIR Clive Sinclair- Stephen Oakes
    George Bell- Tim Hawtin
    Howard Daley- Richard Brinck-Johnsen
    Mike Churchley (Receiver)- Charles Christopher
    Fireman- Steven Alexander
    Bell- Jonathan Masters
    Director- Rod Chilmaid

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I thoroughly enjoyed that episode. The almost ever present ringing telephones were really creepy- turning the everyday into the spooky in the best traditions of Doctor Who. Excellent work on the sound design Brendan- there were lots of outstanding moments, but then one that stands out in my head is when the ringing phone changes mid-ring into the continuous tone- really odd and jarring suddenly.

There were great performances too- I thought Richard was outstanding as Howard, a really convincing playing of someone on the verge of hysteria all the time. Pushed to the edge, taking extreme action, he was just excellent. I could also tell that Brendan was relishing every Doctorish moment he got- I loved the line about the clean carpets! And Tim was great too, Stephen as Cli... Sir Clive made me laugh at his joy of the C5's extra bout of speed and Ali was a good foil for Tom as Bernie.

It was a great script from Steve, written at the last minute a long time ago to fill a gap we suddenly had. Considering we had a list of things he needed to do in this story for it to work with what's to come ( ) I think he did a tremendous job, giving us a story that's really creepy and atmospheric.

But the end- the Pattern won. Oh my! This is going to have consequences, isn't it? And just where has the Doctor gone? What's Tom going to do now?

It was really good, wasn't it ? Very spooky in places, and the production was spot on. Have to agree with Si about Richard - it was great fun at the recording watching him lose it when he had to. And huzzah for all the new members of the PS Audio company.

Of course with lines like " I have been granted gifts beyond your comprehension" and the classic "You're too late, Doctor" I couldn't fail to have a lot of fun. And move over Davros and push off Great Intelligence - it is I, Alexander Graham Bell who has finally defeated the Doctor.
    Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha !!

Ahem, yes ...well, what about that cliffhanger ?
    Bazinga !

"What - too soon?"

To joke about dead bodies Doctor? It's never too soon :-) A very creepy atmosphere permeated through this story - many congrats to all on the pacing and sound design.

Now I really must get an Abba ringtone for my phone ....

Money Money Money- 8 bit- http://youtu.be/U3xw7PI2lnY.

The remainder of the music is by Edward Shallow, taken from the album World Head Law, available here: http://edwardshallow.bandcamp.com/album/world-head-law

The Radiophonic workshop was a big influence for Edward, so he was very happy to be involved.

I'm so glad people have enjoyed the sound design for this one- it's actually quite hard to get silence right! I recorded a fair bit of foley here too- and as I live four floors up, the background of the roof scenes are entirely authentic.

Even if the sparrows suddenly become rainbow lorikeets...

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

the background of the roof scenes are entirely authentic.
    I always hate fake roof backgrounds, so I'm very pleased to hear that!

What an extraordinary episode, a great sense of things getting out of (the Doctor's) control and building to that stunning sequence where the various characters voices stretch out and merge with 'the Pattern'. It was certainly worth waiting a few days extra to get it right.

I can't really add to what's already been said, good performances all round, from Bell's supreme confidence (I was picturing Iain Cuthbertson!!) through SIR Clive's vanity and Howard's insanity (or was he the only sane one?). Really strong, very gripping, and...

...well, I don't know, and what happens next? I assumed it was a 3-parter until logging onto this thread - a cliffhanger into the next story, my goodness! Not too long to wait I hope...?

Great stuff. I think I even scared myself towards the end! Very excited for the season finale now!

This was very good indeed. Kudos to Brendan & Si (acting & production) both being/sounding very professional. Jon was his usual voice of authority & perfectly paced. Richard was indeed very good as an on the edge character, downtrodden & used/abused and a little bit scary.
    Allie was always turning up & it was nice for her to have a much bigger role. And for once I thought my performance wasn't too bad. I'm improving with every go...should be ready for the stage by the time I'm 80.
    The new voices to the audios were welcome & very good too.

I just can't wait for the next episode...when is the next one coming?

Well done Brendan and Simon, a great cliff-hanger ending. Also gold star to Richard as Howard. The Pattern is a great idea and the C5 chase had me chuckling! The regeneration came right out of left field. Does this lead into Time Incorporated.

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed it.

Time Incoporated does indeed follow directly on from this cliffhanger. Hope you enjoy that one soon too.

Does this lead into Time Incorporated.
    It certainly does. One of the best things about 'parallel worlds' is that if you ask 'Can I destroy the Earth at the end of the story?' someone might say 'Yes!'
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!