Thread: Dalek 6388

Default Dalek 6388

Just in case you haven't seen this wonderful website and spent hours and hours pouring over its incredible attention to detail, this is a complete history of the Dalek props used in Doctor Who.

http://www.dalek6388.co.uk/

The website is a masterpiece of (pointless?) history, with some gorgeous graphics and insights. It reveals the BBC's thoroughly slapdash approach towards their Dalek props, with bits and pieces cannabalised and re-used time and time again. It's amazing that Dalek parts from the 'Dead Planet' are still in use throughout the 70's and 80's.

It's the perfect website for anyone who's ever watched 'Destiny of The Daleks' and thought 'Where did they get that odd looking bugger from?!'

Anyway, they've just updated their site to include info about Daleks: Invasion earth 2150AD. Woop!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

This site is such a pleasure! The amount of research they've put in is incredible.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Fascinating read... And, if what they say in their intro is true... how many if any of the stories recycled in the nice new shiny Dalek special are incorrect? I'm not in possession so have no idea.