Default What will YOU be doing for the 50th?

Well, November is fast creeping up on us. Most of us are beginning to formulate plans for what we will be doing for the big day. So, I ask you, what will YOU be doing on the 50th? Will you be watching the special with friends? At a party? At the official convention? Or on your own? Do you plan on doing anything special to mark the occasion?

Whitney and I are deep in plans to host a massive party at our house to celebrate. Not only will we be hosting a viewing of the special, but we will have some other treats for people - we'll probably do the first episode (An Unearthly Child), and possibly Dimensions in Time (for later on in the evening, accompanied by the drinking game). We're planning party games (pin the plunger on the Dalek is an early favourite for this), as well as Doctor Who themed drinks (I've come across a few different recipes to make a Sonic Screwdriver!). We're also planning on turning our dining room into a TARDIS interior, with paper plates on the walls to make roundels, and turning our circular dining table into a console. We're still four months away, and we've already got 20 of our friends who have committed to come!

If we can't be in England for the 50th, we're going to celebrate it in style over here!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    ...with paper plates on the walls to make roundels, and turning our circular dining table into a console.
    What a crazy idea; you'd never catch me or Ant Cox doing any as silly as that!

I'll be in Qatar. Doing something that doesn't involve the internet and waiting for a mysterious ability to be able to see the episode through whatever means!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Mr Rayner commented: "What? Oh. I thought you meant YOUR 50th."

Cheers.

Si.

I shall treat the anniversary with the respect it deserves, and watch a special episode of a well loved sci-fi programme.

Red Dwarf's Tikka to Ride
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I'll be in Qatar. Doing something that doesn't involve the internet and waiting for a mysterious ability to be able to see the episode through whatever means!
    Since you can't get alcohol out there I can't see it being the usual very explainable one...

I'm not 100% decided yet, I've got the option of watching it a friend's flat, she's just bought a ridiculously huge 3D TV thing and it'd be fun to do it there. But I'd really love the chance to see it on the big screen, so if I can find others interested in going and manage to get tickets I'll do that. I have a feeling that the managing to get tickets part of it will be the biggest issue, unfortunately.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    ...it'd be fun to do it there. But I'd really love the chance to see it on the big screen...
    I say!

I'll be at the celebration event! I even got a photo op with matt smith! Can't wait for the kids to meet the doctor! I'm hoping they'll be doing a 3d screening in the evening, they haven't announced what the special evening event is yet though.

Also am trying to plan something else special for the day (Although it's looking like it might have to happen the sat before), watch this space for details... :-o

I'll be at the celebration event! I even got a photo op with matt smith!
    Well colour me jealous!

I've no idea what I'll be doing. The only thing I know is that I'll be in Qatar... probably!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I shall probably be watching it with the kids, unless I can get tickets to see it on the big screen somewhere.

When the show returned in 2005, we had copious amounts of lager and lots of nibbles. I have no doubt I'll do the same for the 50th. I do like the idea of pin the plunger on the Dalek. Sounds like great fun!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Mr Rayner commented: "What? Oh. I thought you meant YOUR 50th."
    I can't remember mine...

I am really making an effort to break out some of the stories I have. I don't have a huge amount. Maybe time to buy the war games.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I intend to have champagne and jelly babies.

That's a good idea! Very appropriate!

I feel a bit guilty that so far this year I have not really watched a lot of my Doctor Who backlog so far this year I've been watching the current episodes but not a lot of classic series. I'll start by watching a different episode each day from today.

I'll start by watching a different episode each day from today.
    Good luck! Any ones in particular?

One from each Doctor for the first few days then a random selection of stories