Plus the meteor's not due to hit Theale til Thursday fortnight...

I must admit that as a regular viewer I found the Argentina 'special' far from it. They're the episodes I'll probably not watch again, having seen them twice is enough.

Being the unseasonal person I am, Blackadder's Christmas Carol. Worth it every time for Nicola Bryant's laugh - priceless.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

The amount of times I've had to explain to my dad, of course the laugh's meant to be horrible, that's part of the joke! Ah well...

Hadn't realised that Charlie Brooker was back on with Weekly Wipe , so caught up with the first 3 on iplayer. Still as good as ever and still showing his DW geekdom.
    Bazinga !

Count Arthur Strong. Gosh I've laughed during this series! I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he's hysterical. In much the same way that my Dad starts laughing when Tommy Cooper just walks on set, Arthur does that to me. Very much looking forward to seeing him live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The tap shoe gag was excellent this week, especially the sneaking into the studio bit.

It's been a great series, much stronger than the first. Very enjoyable!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm approaching the end of my jorney through The Tripods. I must say I preferred the first series far more. They didn't have the budget to get either the Masters or their City right.

I've finished The Tripods and have now watched the first couple of episodes of Chocky.

I remember liking the second series of The Tripods more than the first when they were first broadcast, but I haven't seen either of them since...

It had a great theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Hadn't realised that Charlie Brooker was back on with Weekly Wipe , so caught up with the first 3 on iplayer. Still as good as ever and still showing his DW geekdom.
    I've been enjoying it a lot, all bar Morgana and her V-Logger character, which drives me up the wall!

I've also been watching Broadchurch and have such mixed feelings about it, some of the plotlines (the lawyer and her son who's in prison, and parts of Eve Myles story) have bored me to pieces, but I do think Olivia Coleman's phenomenal in this, and it's her character which has kept me tuning in each week. Have to say that when she bollocked her son for lying in court and demanded he moved back in with her, both myself and Mette cheered out loud!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Octopussy was on this Sunday, so we ended up watching most of that.
    "Well, there are certainly a lot of... ladies present."
    "Ah, It's a small world, you're a Toro too."
    And of course: "Octopussy. Octopussy, Octopussy, Octopussy."

Aside from that we finally got round to Dawn of The Planet of The Apes which was bloody fantastic. A bit lacking in the satire / humour, but a thoroughly enjoyable film and brilliantly directed.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Aside from that we finally got round to Dawn of The Planet of The Apes which was bloody fantastic. A bit lacking in the satire / humour, but a thoroughly enjoyable film and brilliantly directed.
    The ape 'playing dumb' to the two guards made me chuckle, but I can't remember much else funny about it. Agree it's a great film though, felt it worked much better than the previous one.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I've been watching probably far too much TV recently:

Broadchurch (although that's finishing shortly)
    Fortitude (bit odd, but curiously compelling)
    Cucumber (I'm an episode behind though)
    Dick Turpin season 1 from the olden days
    Blake's 7 season 2 from the same olden days

And we've both become addicted to Don't Tell The Bride on BBC3?4?

I polished off Callan yesterday, whixh finished with a tense three part story, featuring TP McKenna as a KGB agent in the UK. The series had a suitably downbeat ending. It's been great.

I needed cheering up last night, so I watched an episode of Do Not Adjust your Set and the Royal Command episode of The Goodies.

My current TV (ie. dvd) Schedule comprises mostly of the following....

Quatermass II (BBC)
    Going Straight
    Deadwood S3
    Thriller (Brian Clemens)
    The Avengers S3
    Pushing Daisies S2 (Bluray)
    The Twilight Zone S1 (Bluray)
    Space 1999 S1 (Bluray)

A good mix there! Is that Going Straight as in the Porridge sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    Is that Going Straight as in the Porridge sequel?
    Indeed. A nice little series I always enjoy coming back to, and doesn't have that over-familiar factor that the constantly repeated Porridge sometimes can.

Finished watching all (that's left anyway) of Do Not Adjust Your Set. Given the involvement of Messrs. Palin, Idle, Jones and Gilliam, it becomes increasingly obvious as the series progresses where a fair bit of Python came from.

Just started on The Life and Loves of A She-Devil. We're a few episodes away from Tom Baker's bottom, but what we've had so far has been startling. Not just in terms of story - this production couldn't be any more 1987 if it tried. Sue Cooke on BBC Breakfast! Computer Graphics! A boy playing on a Spectrum! The fashions! The haircuts! Amazing.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I remember loving that at the time, it freaked me out a fair bit, the innocent young 13 year old that I was back then, but I found it darkly funny as well. Plus Tom's bot, too, of course. Given that it's about 28 years since I saw it I really must watch it again sometime soon.

I'm still watching The Walking Dead, though I still don't know why. They keep on killing off the characters I like and keeping the annoying ones, there's only a couple I wish weren't zombies themselves! On the plus side I've really been enjoying the Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul, it took a few episodes to establish itself and get going, but the last few have been fantastic.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Taking a break from the Motel - and it's on to Hancock's Half Hour, TV Series 5. All the episodes exist for this series - Hoorah!

The Economy Drive - Tony and Sid return from holiday to 23 Railway Cuttings, East Cheam only to find that Sid has left the lights on, electric fire on, TV on, milk piling up outside etc etc. Time to tighten that money belt.

This episode features the classic "works canteen" section where Tony loses his place in the queue and tries to reclaim it. Classic stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those Hancocks are classics, aren't they...I love the radio series too, possibly even more than the tv series

I've just finished The Strain, it was a great series and I'm really looking forward to the second season of this. Loving David Bradley's old and bitter vampire hunter in this atmospheric horror series...

Also loving The Flash, it's not before time that they gave us a straightforward and fun superhero series with all the villains from the comics included...it may have descended slightly into the villain of the week formula, but with such a likeable cast, there's enough of an ongoing story to keep me tuning in...it'll be interesting to see whether Gorilla Grodd will actually make an appearance on screen or not, and if so how will he be realised...

I'm also working my way through Arrow Season 1, Constantine and Agent Carter as well as catching up with some old stuff on Netflix: I'd never seen Sliders before, it's a fun but disposable series from the 90s, I've gone back to the start with MASH, and enjoying Kirstie Alley's early appearances in Cheers S6. Also reliving teenage memories with Pamela Sue Martin, Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy as the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew.

I think, looking back, that I much prefer Kirstie Alley's Cheers to Shelley Long's. It was getting a bit stale, the Sam/Diane thing, so although it was sad to see her go I think it gave the show a new lease of life.