Just watched the last episode of Sky. Yep it was a seriously weird series. I bet those bright blue contact lenses that Marc Harrison wore were seriously uncomfortable. Very creepy music throughout.

Next Sunday I start on ...... King of the Castle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sky was pretty good, nicely weird. I remember it's a bit obsessed with Glastonbury Tor and the leylines.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Series 8 of Tales of the Unexpected!

"People Don't Do Such Things" by someone called Ruth Rendell

Don Johnson is in this one playing a lothario author. This must have been very soon before he joined Miami Vice. No flowery shirts on display here though!

The Walking Dead is back so I'm watching that again. Also, on my Kodi box I've found a retro TV channel and I've started watching The Time Tunnel from the very start.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

TOTU - "The Mugger"

A very slight tale about a mugging with a twist. Roy Marsden brings some much needed gravitas to the story as a Home Office Minister in this Graham Williams-produced, Peter Hammond-directed story.

The most exciting thing about this story was the appearance of the wonderful Zara Nutley!!

TOTU - "In The Cards"

Another all-American yawnsville this morning. But it was most unexpectedly (!) introduced by Roald Dahl, who proclaimed John Collier as one of the great short story writers. Well I beg to differ, but I bet he looks good, feels great in a Saturday night suit!

Coming to the end of TOTU now I was treated to the Anglia TV ident at the start of this one. Back to Blighty thank goodness with Charles Dance (it's impossible to say his name without sounding really posh) and a young Zoe Wannamaker playing his meek and mild wife. Good twist in this story too. I hope the very last story ends on a high, and not a weak American story with nobody I've ever heard of in it!

Nyder,

I think it's spelt "Tutu"
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - though I understand how fans of James Corden and Graham Norton might not have enjoyed it.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Fans of fantasy, and of Terry Brooks might be interested in The Shannara Chronicles on 5star on Thursday evenings. John Rhys-Davis is in it, which is encouragement alone, never mind the stars, Austin Butler and Poppy Drayton. Wouldn't recommend it for children though.

I read the origional novel, The Sword Of Shannara, way back in the early 80s (and still have it!) I didn't read any of the prequels/sequels though...they just didn't appeal to me quite as much as Sword did (which I loved, btw...just the memory of it...it remains one of my favourite fantasy novels to this day!) I think this series will be added to my watchlist...no idea when I'll get around to seeing it though!

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    I read the origional novel, The Sword Of Shannara, way back in the early 80s (and still have it!) I didn't read any of the prequels/sequels though...they just didn't appeal to me quite as much as Sword did (which I loved, btw...just the memory of it...it remains one of my favourite fantasy novels to this day!) I think this series will be added to my watchlist...no idea when I'll get around to seeing it though!
    It's mainly based on the second book ( elf stones of Shannara ), though the War of the Four Lands got name checked last week. Watched the first Ep - not bad at all. Was surprised by the pre - Ep warning about violence and GORE !!
    Bazinga !

Have seen the first two episodes of "King of the Castle". The first episode was very Grange Hill in tone, with bullying being the central theme. All that changed when our main protagonist descended the tower block lift into the bowels of the earth. And then by Timothy it went batshit crazy! Fulton Mackay has never been scarier!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    It's mainly based on the second book ( elf stones of Shannara ), though the War of the Four Lands got name checked last week. Watched the first Ep - not bad at all. Was surprised by the pre - Ep warning about violence and GORE !!
    That week's producers seem to have shares in Campbell's soup...

I've been quite enjoying SyFy's The Magicians, based on the novel by Lev Grossman. If I was lazy (and I am!) it's a bit "Harry Potter goes to University" but it's nicely paced and has been quite fun in a disposable way so far.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I hope it's all right, I've been meaning to read the book.

The Night Manager
    The X-Files

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk

We've been doing the same and loving them both!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I seem to have been watching probably far too much recently - and curses, enjoying it all!

The X Files (haven't seen the finale yet)
    The Night Manager
    Grantchester
    Back in Time for the Weekend (if you haven't seen it, get it on the iPlayer)
    Agent Carter
    Line of Duty (season 2 repeats on a Saturday night, ahead of season 3 in a couple of weeks time)
    Shetland
    Midsomer Murders

I've been trying to limit myself to an episode per week for each of Jessica Jones and Man In The High Castle, but both series become even more gripping as they progress and now I'm trying to cram in the last few episodes of each this week before the new season of Daredevil appears...

Also enjoying X-Files (both old and new) at the moment, and steadily working my way through the second season of Arrow...I'm trying to get the first three seasons out of the way before embarking on The Flash season 2 and Legends Of Tomorrow, in which it looks like Rory taking on the Time Lords and then stealing a TARDIS...or something along those lines!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    I hope it's all right, I've been meaning to read the book.
    It's certainly a fun story, I just feel the tv series is good, but not quite as great as it could be. Still, these are early days and it could well improve a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    Legends Of Tomorrow, in which it looks like Rory taking on the Time Lords and then stealing a TARDIS...or something along those lines!
    Well, they're called Time Masters, but bar that your description is shockingly spot on!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I'll be making a start on Series 6 of Hustle this weekend :-)

The Night Manager - a touch of class

The X-Files - a touch of LUDICROUS.

Inbetween Top of The Pops, QI and various other things.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    If it turned out that they'd injected rappers' DNA into everyone, would that have been a touch of LUDACRIS?

Haven't I said I'm not at my best today! (And it's an idea they've ripped off from Agents of SHIELD anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I kind of feel a bit disappointed by the comeback, there was one great episode (the third), two average ones (one and two) but the final three didn't really work for me. I hope it comes back again, and regularly too, but if so they should cut down on the number of episodes Chris Carter writes.

I'm still loving The Magicians series, it's pleasingly dark at times but manages to still have a sense of humour about itself. Plus the it moves at a great pace, which is always a good thing with this sort of show.

Oh yeah, and Daredevil Season 2 has been pretty damn great. I'm rationing myself to one episode a day at the moment so it's not all over before I know it.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."