The Magicians book does show a knowing yes, we know this is a bit D&D/Harry Potter feel.

Watched a recorded episode of Arrow. Don't watch every episode but it is pretty good. Rewatching IT Crowd. Always a joy.

Doomwatch.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Game of Thrones - shall keep this spoiler light, but it'd be nice if they went one episode without killing off a major character!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

It's the end. Well it is for 2 programmes I've been watching - The Persuaders! and Tales of the Unexpected. Michael Wisher put in a brief appearance in Tales, and Kate O'Mara was vampish as usual in The Persuaders! Still, I've got a whole DVD boxed set of Persuaders! extras to look forward to, so I haven't finished with them entirely yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops - not quite the end of The Persuaders! after all - there's 4 more eps on the second boxed set

"A Death in The Family" - Terry Nation was clearly inspired by "Kind Hearts and Coronets" and The Avengers' "Bizarre" for this Persuaders! story. Roger Moore plays several members of his family (including an aged Aunt) and Tony Curtis briefly drags up at the end too. Great fun!!

Default Now What Have You Been Watching?

Made a start on "The Owl Service" this morning. The calming end title music is at odds with the disturbing tone of the programme. There's a lot of awakening sexuality going on here too - I'm surprised it's badged as a kids programme. From the first ep I can glean there's something spooky going on with some plates that have an owl design. Crazy man!

Last edited by Nyder; 3rd Jul 2016 at 12:16 PM.

We watched Invasion of The Dinosaurs the other week. I know everyone says it, but the dinosaurs are just *so* awful. I never expected them to be convincing, but they are someway behind The Goodies and Kitten Kong in terms of effort.

On the plus side though we've got Sarah-Jane Smith. It's hard to watch these without thinking about her later relationship with the 4th Doctor, but even on the strength of her first two stories she really shines.

Favourite stupid joke:
    "I warn you Brigadier, this is mutiny!"
    "Sorry Sir, I prefer to think of it as M-UNIT-y!"
    And of course General Finch is later defeated by a tray of UNIT-Tea.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Just as well there weren't any coconuts and chocolate involved - that would've been M-UNIY-y On The Bounty

No I've not been well lately; why do you ask...?

My bank holiday film was Star Trek IV - ah the best one .... with the whales and Spock cussing! Really missed the Enterprise though!

Star Trek IV is the best one, isn't it? I hope that's the next one they remake (like Into Darkness with Wrath of Khan).

We watched the rip-roaring comedy from the 80's - Commando. In which Arnold Schwazenegger plays a character called "John Matrix", blessed with muscles the size of oak trees and a surname apparently chosen at random from the dictionary. He kills an unfeasible number of people in an attempt to save his daughter from some guy who was a bad president of some country or other. It's a terrible, terrible film but absolutely wonderful at the same time.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Taking a break from that motel to watch Hancock's Half Hour TV Series 6. Starting with "The Cold" - featuring a great performance from Patricia Hayes as Mrs Cravat, performing her black magic hocus-pocus over an ailing Hancock!

We've been watching The Sandbaggers, a Whitehall-based spy thriller from 1979/80. It's absolutely superb. Next time there's a Network DVD sale, this is definitely one to plump for.

I picked up the complete Dear John on DVD recently and have managed to watch the lot. I really enjoyed watching it again after so many years.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I did that a couple of years back. It's really good.

Also really good is The Sandbaggers. We're absolutely loving it at the moment. Really top quality, tense secret service behind the scenes stuff from the late 70s.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    We've been watching The Sandbaggers, a Whitehall-based spy thriller from 1979/80. It's absolutely superb. Next time there's a Network DVD sale, this is definitely one to plump for.
    Noted!

Currently re-watching Children of the Stones. Oh my gosh what a classic! Still really creepy. As a kid this terrified me more than Doctor Who. I think the music played a big part in that. And want with Gareth Thomas, Iain Cuthbertson and Freddie Jones heading up the case, it had quality written all over it. Really must take a visit to Avebury again soon.

Happy Day!

I won a £5 HMV voucher so I've bought The Addams Family complete TV series boxed set. That's my weekly Sunday morning viewing sorted for the next couple of months!

Sundays on TV are usually so wonderful that I either listen to Radio 2, do some shopping or go back to bed. Yesterday however there was Carry On Henry; and last night a programme about Rising Damp, and an hour's-worth of early TV appearances by Pink Floyd on BBC4. I've a feeling that most if not all of it is on the new box set, but even so...

Perhaps you need to check out Coast 1079 on Tune In Radio, Stuart. There's a motley presenter who does a show between 6-9pm on Sundays that you might recognise : http://www.coast1079.com/presenters/

And a motley group of contributors too

Monday night is once again B7 night and here we go with Series 4....

Rescue - okay so Scorpio was never going to be as sexy as Liberator, but it's got a pretty nifty landing pad! Wow they got over Cally's death really quickly! And I'd forgotten about the recycled Sea Devil at the end!

Come on Dave, you know that Cally gets mentioned again at least once later on in the season. It hit them that hard!

I'm really enjoying Westworld at the moment, it's good how they took the elements we were familiar with and twisted them into something new. I suppose it helps that I hadn't read or seen any spoilers beforehand, though!

I'm allso enjoying Timeless, a series which I hadn't heard anything about beforehand but just stumbled across while browsing new series. I didn't have great hopes for it going into the first episode, the basic plot sounded pretty lame (mad scientist/terrorist hijacks a time machine and wants to change history) but the way it tackles time travel and its effects makes it stick out from the crowd. I like how it shows how minor changes in the past can have big implications to the present and no-one but the time travellers know about them...

Marvel's Luke Cage is another favourite, Netflix have done great stuff with this character...something I would never have imagined 25 years ago! Netflix and Marvel have hit gold once again, and I'm really looking forward to the Iron Fist and Punisher series when they appear