Fembots In Las Vegas?! Dare we ask if that's as... well as awful and cheesy as it sounds!

I'll let you know Stuart!

Thanks.

After almost 9 years since it was released, I finally got around to watching Cloverfield. I thought it was pretty good. Now I need to get around to watching 1408 soon..

Blakes 7 - "Gold" with the wonderful Roy 'Bagpipes Happychap" Kinnear. A smiley Tarrant was very sinister. All in all a fun, rollicking episode, with even Orac having a giggle, albeit a cruel one!

Rather scandalously (well, perhaps) I seem to be watching a lot of TV at the moment:

The Halcyon started nicely, and has got more enjoyable each week.

Taboo just very weird. I'm not a fan of the f-word being bandied around in TV drama for effect (the c-word as well) and some of this has been very gruesome... but oddly watchable, even though it's very difficult to say what it's actually about. With only 2 more episodes to go, I'll probably stick with it. (And if the next Doctor is going to be a woman, what about Oona Chaplin?)

Further Back in Time for Dinner probably the most enjoyable hour of TV each week recently, just brilliant

Timeless it's not going to reinvent what we mean by TV sci-fi drama, it's a bit 'superficial' at times, but for all that it's a fun way to pass forty-five minutes. Also, as a US drama, it's quite interesting to see what are the 'stock historical settings' for them, as opposed to what they would be in the UK

Fortitude as with season 1 I think this is going to get very gruesome before much longer (or rather, what with headless corpses and the like, even more gruesome) but it's another of those shows which has an odd charm to it

Not to mention, we've cracked open Zel's DVDs of On The Up at last. Just the one, Sam!

I've recently been watching UKTV Drama's repeat-run of Tenko which I've never seen before (not that surprising given that I was only 2 years old when the first series aired). I really enjoyed (if that's the right word) the Christmas episode at the end of series one and will be watching series two soon.

Other recent highlights have included season two of The Man in the High Castle and the BBC America version of Dirk Gently which is vastly superior to the BBC Four attempt from a few years back.

I've recorded all those Tenkos too - so will be making a start on them soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't forget to watch Inside No.9. Love that show, even if the first episode was listed by it's individual title "The Bill" which was very confusing. Also there were a couple of moments involving a certain timed challenge that really made me wince. Oooooo!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh I loved that episode! Yeah that timed challenge was difficult a watch. Think I'll stick to Spin The Mechanoid....

X-Men: Apocalypse on Sunday. A decent fun punch-em-up movie. While there's a lot in it that's been seen before and the pacing in the first half was fairly casual, I like all the characters and the whizz-bang action works very well. It's a comic book that's been turned into a movie and on those terms it's a great success.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The final series of The Bionic Woman continues to jump that shark

Yes... quite... Why am I reminded of that episode of The A Team that featured Culture Club for no obvious reason?

I continue to watch every movie I can in 3D. It is now my 'norm' to buy all BluRay in 3D if available. My recent purchase (delivered this morning) is Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them.

As compared to Terrible beast And Where To Find Them - more to do with The Lads than Hogwarts, and twice as scary.

Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule.

A format that would be rejected by Alan Partridge for being way too toe-curlingly appalling, this would be ITV's biggest television train wreck if it wasn't so funny. It's a disaster on almost every level, it's set up as a panel show with 2x teams of 2 guests on each side. It's usually about 10 minutes before they get to the first "round" though there's not any real questions, scores or anything like that. The guests are only there so Harry can play amusing old clips at them and get them to dress up in silly outfits and sing songs.

If panel shows were inbred for 27 generations this would be the result. Still very funny though.

Two months on and last night I watched the Tenko Reunion special from 1985, having finished watching the third and final series from 1984 the night before. A fitting end to a truly great series although it definitely showed that it had been written thirty years ago given the anti-communist sentiments that were expressed.

Have been having a nostalgic time watching Look and Read - Cloud Burst. Written and presented by Richard Carpenter, Michael Sheard is in it, and so is a young Tina Heath. The Scientific Advisor to the programme is not The Doctor ..... but Dr Kit Pedlar! It's also got a fab theme and incidental music by Roger Limb so it's got a real Pertwee-era feel to the story.

The other night we watched a S2 episode of Dallas which featured Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway from Voyager) as a country and western singer who falls for Ray but then gets seduced by J.R.

Blimey.

She plays exactly the same as Janeway. Absolutely amazing. Trying to retcon it as a Voyager holodeck fantasy episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    Have been having a nostalgic time
    Hah! when you get to my age, the Norman Conquest's nostalgia!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    The other night we watched a S2 episode of Dallas which featured Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway from Voyager) as a country and western singer who falls for Ray but then gets seduced by J.R.

Blimey.
    Funny you should mention that -just the other day I watched a bit of the TOS episode that Dr Pulaski guested in - and doing a somewhat better job at playing a different character!

Aw, I think Dr Pulaski was great.

Batman last night, we watched the episode with the villainous piano player "Fingers" - played by Liberace! Not only that he played his twin brother "Harry". Brilliantly hilarious episode and (famous lady's man) Liberace gave a top notch performance.

We've just started Season 6 of Dallas. It's unfortunate that Season 5 ended with a cliffhanger in the hospital and Season 6 carries straight on, as everyone has glamorous new hair so it looks like Sue Ellen has walked into A&E, then walked out an hour later with a trendy new do.

Si.

Not that I used to follow it avidly, but I think the season 2 opener of Friends picked up on that sort of thing happening a lot in TV shows - isn't there some nonsensical subplot about Phoebe giving everybody brand new haircuts (I seem to recall the punchline is a mix up between Andie Macdowell and Roddy Macdowell).

I lose track of how many seasons of Dallas there were, but I think you've got lots to look forward to Si!!

Sue Ellen has walked into A&E, then walked out an hour later with a trendy new do.
    Seems totally plausible to me.