Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I vividly remember Annette Crosbie losing it big style at the end of her episode!

We are really getting into Under the Dome on 5*. We've also watched and liked the first two episodes of Orphan Black.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I thought that this week's episode of UTD was particularly good - it was about time that the general population started to lose it a bit, I thought they had been taking the situation all in their stride!

Episode 1 of "Atlantis"

Yeah... not really feeling it! Was it just me who didn't enjoy it?

Another Six Million Dollar Man gem. This one had moonshine, men in dungarees and banjo-based musical stings. I thought I was watching The New Avengers "Emily" for a moment! The only person who was taking it seriously was Katharine Helmond, which is ironic considering her loopy role as Jessica Tate in Soap!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Episode 1 of "Atlantis"

Yeah... not really feeling it! Was it just me who didn't enjoy it?
    Just gave it a try on iPlayer. Not sure where it's going yet, but quite enjoyed it on the whole.

I watched the final episode of The IT Crowd last night. Overall rather pointless, but quite nice to spend a last hour with a great cast giving plenty of laughs.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I've been enjoying The Wrong Mans, even though the place it's set in looks nothing like Bracknell, where it purports to be set!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I was impressed with the first Ep too - with a lot of new sitcoms I watch one and think "nah, tried it but don't like it" - but I think I'll stick with this one!

I watched the first episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night. It was quite good- nice witty script, well played by the leads. Could be a good series!

I missed it but downloaded it from 4OD with the intention of watching episode 1 & 2 back to back. But, it expired before I got to watch it and disappeared from my Sky planner.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

The Walking Dead season 4 starts on Fox this friday! I'll be watching.

I've been watching S.H.I.E.L.D, Bates Motel & a new series called Sleepy Hollow. Seems interesting so far.

Saw a wonderful documentary on Beeb 4 about the "ghost singers" of Hollywood musicals. When people accuse all these films of the 40s & 50s sounding the same, that's because the same ghost singers were lending their voices to many different artists whose voices just weren't strong enough. The biggest shock for me was that "singing Oliver" was a woman!

These ghost singers had a rough deal, especially when the soundtrack albums came out and sold in their millions. No recognition, no royalties. Apparently it's different these days. If you were to download South Pacific from iTunes, the correct singer is listed, and royalties are flowing accordingly.

P.S. Julie Andrews never needed a ghost singer (but Christopher Plummer did!)

The Wrong Mans finished last night, with another cracking episode. It's been superb throughout, with the escalation of scale each episode being quite wonderful. Very funny, very well acted and all in all a bit of triumph I think.

I've been watching season 2 of Arrow & Elementary and continuing with Bates Motel. All very interesting so far.

And We've been watching Sapphire & Steel late at night in bed, with the lights off. Spooky!

Every TV executive, celebrity, politician and news editor should be forced to watch 24 hours of Charlie Brooker shows until they start to get it right. Inspired start to the new series last night
    Bazinga !

Brilliant isn't he? The immigration section was worth the price of admission on its own.

My new breakfast viewing for a week or so will be Tales of the Unexpected. I bought the boxed set yonks ago so I'm up to Series 5. The first story stars Toyah Willcox & Ralph Bates. An interesting combination!

"Blue Marigold"

So Toyah played the title role of the silent, enigmatic character of Blue Marigold in a perfume commercial. Then she gets to speak, but her voice is dubbed, then she's dropped by the agency and things really start spiralling out of control.

It's fair to say it's not a very subtle performance from Toyah. And I never saw the ending coming, so TOTU can still surprise after 5 seasons in! There was an actor called Stephen Bent in it. I'm sure he was in Crossroads. Probably played one of Miss Diane's boyfriends. Who didn't?

I love Ralph Bates. He's a terribly underrated actor. He brings something great to every role.

Good TOTU this morning - Derek Jacobi played a modern Pied Paper-esque stranger who comes into town, enchants all the folk there .... except evil old Clive Swift. Time for a few scores to be settled!

A lot of location filming here in Norwich town. It's interesting to see which of the shops are still around!

"The Moles"

A really good cast for this TOTU - Harry H Corbett, Fulton Mackay and Bill Owen. Directed by Peter Hammond!

The plot is about a planned bank robbery. Fulton & Bill are good character actors. Unfortunately Harry H just seemed to be reverting to Steptoe when the action got a bit intense!

Have just seen the famous Bigfoot episode. No wonder this scared me as a kid:-

Played by "Andre the Giant"
    What I had forgotten about was that Stephanie Powers played an alien who had the hots for Steve!

Sorry - meant to say - I'm watching The Six Million Dollar Man!

Woah - scary bigfoot eyes!

I've started watching Undermind. It's very 1960's, a sci-fi drama somewhere between Out of The Unknown and The Avengers. It stars the guy who played Kellman from Revenge of The Cybermen.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!