Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

TOTU - Pattern of Guilt

Graham Williams is Producer! Suzanne Danielle is in default dress mode (i.e. red suspenders) and doesn't Jennie Linden look like Anneke Wills?

You never know where you are with the look of these tales. One minute it's all on film, next story it's videotape for the interior studio scenes.... then worst of all - it's all location and all on videotape. Ugh!

You're forgetting Dave, the full title of the show is Tales Of The Unexpected Film Quality.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

So for today's Tales we had a cast list of Janet Leigh, Tom "Charlie's Angels" Bosley and Frank Sinatra Jr. Oh and it was set in America. Now I wonder which market Anglia were trying to attract with this story....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

INFORMATION. Peter Tuddenham was in this morning's Tales. As was Shane Rimmer. A lot of this season's stories have at least one scene a pub. My they were smoky places! How quickly one forgets...

I've been enjoying Danny Baker's Rock Decades this week. The 90s episode was rather fine, though it needed more Super Furry Animals I feel.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

His knowledge and passion for music is a joy to watch. He's a big Darts fan too....

Is anyone else watching Inside No.9? I think they're terrific!

I'm watching Adrian Mole. Oooo, the eighties.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm watching Farscape.

I've always threatened to watch it.

When it was first on - on the BBC about 10 year ago! - I could never remember when it was on.
    I would miss episodes, or start half way through :-(

Now I'm about to reach the season 1 finale!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Marvellous! Farscape is a stonkingly good series. Enjoy!

The last of series 5 of Tales saw John Duttine in his red underpants, and everybody's favourite Avengers villain Peter Jeffrey playing a hospital Consultant. I've thoroughly enjoyed this series of Tales - some of the stories were slighter than others, but I always enjoyed trying to work out the plot twist!

So next week my breakfast viewing is Alcock & Gaiter. Heaven help me!

To make a timey-wimey crossover post, I didn't have to look up Barbarpapa...

But I did have to Wikipedia Alcock & Gaiter! Even now I'm not sure whether you're watching Alcock & Gander, or All Gas & Gaiters, but either way I look forward to hearing your opinions, Dave!

Sorry Andrew, I meant Alcock & Gander. Anything with Beryl Reid in it just has to be good right?

And Richard O'Sullivan apparently - he was pretty darned good in Man About The House and Robin's Nest, so I'm guessing you might be in for a treat.

Although I kind of sort of tend to think I don't watch much on TV these days, I have to admit that recently I have been following quite a few things:
    Cheers (reruns on ITV4 of a Saturday & Sunday morning, now onto season 7 I think)
    How I Met Your Mother (brand new final series on E4, during which we will meet, erm, your mother...)
    Line of Duty (I never even heard of series 1, but saw a trailer (with Keeley Hawes) for series 2 and though I'd give it a go - on the basis of episode 1, very compelling!!)
    Room 101 (Frank Skinner!!)
    Outnumbered (I'm the only one in our house that likes it, which I find slightly ironic given that it sometimes reminds me of our house...)

Plus regular weekend morning DVD runs of Blakes 7 & Babylon 5!! It's no wonder I haven't found time to watch any Doctor Who since the start of the year!

That's a busy telly schedule, Andrew!

I've been watching a bit of The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Maowull as it's pronounced). That's got Beryl Reid in it and it's great. Not laugh-out-loud funny throughout, but very entertaining. Best line: "Now I know how Rembrandt must have felt when he painted the Sistene Chapel in Venice".

So then - Alcock & Gander eh? Star billing must go to Beryl Reid's enormous yellow blouse collars and matching plastic boots! You can tell this is the 70s - the title sequence featured photos of topless women. The theme itself is really funky and straight off a stock KPM album (probably composed by Keith Mansfield).

The humour is very broad, but some of it made oi titter. Stereotypes were abound, from the drunk Irishman to the camp waiter:-

Bezza: I'm looking for a man

Waiter: Ooh, aren't we all duckie?

A few more rehearsals wouldn't have gone a miss, as everyone was tripping over their lines. Bezza was literally tripping over lines - she stumbled over a door partway out of shot. The audience didn't laugh so I'm assuming it was an accident!

The Life of Rock with Brian Pern continues to make me laugh loudly on Monday nights.

I didn't have to wait long for someone to drop their trousers in Alcock & Gander - second episode!

That really didn't take long!

I'm waiting for Richard O'Sullivan to drag up now. Maybe tomorrow...

A wigged Brian Murphy appeared in Episode 3 along with a not-wigged chap:-

A pretty dire episode today - not that the first two were up to much!

There an amusing number of Doctor Who references in the life of rock

This weekend I tried and gave up on A Very Peculiar Practice. Even with Davison, David Troughton, Graham Crowden and many other great actors on the cast, it simply didn't click with me. All of the humour was derived from Dr Dacre getting himself into embarrassing situations. This is exactly the sort of humour I don't get on with.

Sounds like exactly my cup of tea!

Oh no! He has to deliver a speech but he's all embarrassed and doesn't know what to say! Oh no! Now he's starting a new job and is very nervous! Oh no! Now he's accidentally insulted the girl he fancies! Oh no! *tears at face*