Default Doctor Who Experience - Cardiff - now with docu-drama TARDIS console

I hope this works!

Here's a quick video consisting of footage and a slideshow from my visit to the Doctor Who experience last Thursday.
    I've managed to keep it to 4 minutes - I'll save the 30 minute version to bore the rest of the family with!
    Even if you have been to the experience before it's worth a look just to see the new version of the original TARDIS console - it's not often that something grabs my attention more than the 1983 console!
    Apologies for the wobbly camera work in places - it was the excitement. I've muted the original soundtrack as you don't need to hear me blabbering like an idiot!!!!

If the video doesn't work then maybe someone technical can sort it for me?

What a shame Cardiff is so far away from Wellington. I guess this video is a console-ation prize!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Really good, thanks for that Andrew - based on the 'wobble' I can see you were getting very excited when you saw the 1980s console in particular. (Hence the phrase, "Get a (console) room!" I suppose). I enjoyed seeing all that, I must admit to a particular fondness for the cases full of Cyberheads - was that done like that as a 'nod' to the head in a cabinet at the start of Dalek, I wonder?

Oh, and very catchy bit of music you've put that video to - what's it called?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post

Oh, and very catchy bit of music you've put that video to - what's it called?
    Oh, it was just the first bit of music that I stumbled across that happened to be about 4 minutes long - it does sound a little bit familiar!
    The consoles look even better in HD but I couldn't upload the HD version; I think the file was too big!
    If you include the 11th Doctor's first console room (which is in the interactive part of the experience, where filming is not allowed) they've now got 4 console rooms there.......err. not that they are all I'm interested in of course!

I took lots of photographs of the consoles too!

Incidentally, I was explaining to Peter about the 80's console when some other bloke correctly pointed out that the Tom Baker scarf had no business being there! Honestly, I thought I was bad with the fan stuff but even I wasn't going to try and explain that to a 5 year old!

They're so gorgeous.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

What a fantastic video! All those console rooms - just wow :-) I was pleased the (giant) robot was still clomping around. Such an iconic design.

Where's the video clip of you in the merchandise room buying loads of DVDs??

Lovely video, Andrew. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    Where's the video clip of you in the merchandise room buying loads of DVDs??
    I only bought 2 and they've both been out for a while now. I picked up 'The Keys of Marinus' and 'The Krotons' for 7.99 each, not too bad a price from there. I expected them to all be more expensive.

I did take quite a lot of photographs mainly because Peter wanted his picture taken with nearly everything in the place! Apart from the smiler which he really didn't take to at all

I suppose those console shots are 'ok' if you like that kinda thing???

Hi Dave,

Yes, I'd forgotten just how much you hate the 80's console!
    I was really lucky as although the place was very crowded the bit where 80's console and the 'new' orginal console are located was not busy at all. I was able to get really close to both consoles and didn't have to try and film between gaps in the crowds!
    Both classic series consoles were looking very clean and new - they've really cleaned up the 80's one, which this time I was able to get a good look at (unlike the 2003 PanoptiCon where I was ushered away for bringing my beer too close to it)!!!
    You'd have loved it there - the rest of my family wanted to move upstairs to see the Daleks etc; they had to drag me away from the console section!

Look who's been playing with the console today:

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wish he was playing with my knob.

Is Frazer Hines very small? Because that console looks about 1/3 too big to me.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Maybe it's raised up on a platform - or Frazer is stood in a hole!

Scrounged one too many drinks again and needs something to stand up against...