Default The Doctor and Ace

The end of Season 24 saw a new TARDIS team in place as Melanie Bush was replaced by Ace.

What are your thoughts on this team? Are they a favourite of yours? Are Sylvester and Sophie good together?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

She has a Charlton Athletic badge.

What's not to like
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Ace's backstory was ludicrous, unbelievable and far-fetched, but it was also strong, consistent and informed her character. That puts her head and shoulders above most of the other companions for me.

Her character traits went a little deeper than the quirks we had become used to under Eric Saward's tenure as script editor. There were still quirks (Wicked!), but it meant more than being 'A Botanist!' or 'An Air Hostess!' or 'A Carrot Juice Drinking 1980's Computer Programmer Health Freak - from Pease Pottage!'

Of course, it wasn't until Season 26 that Ace's character really took off, but already the stories are leaning towards being about Ace as much as they are about the Doctor. Even by the end of Remembrance, I think we know more about Ace than we ever found out about Peri. That's got to be a good thing!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!