Default Contaminated fuel?

Contaminated fuel traced?
    From BBC News:
    Fuel depot probes 'contamination'

Thousands think they have been affected by the problems
    An Essex depot allegedly linked with the "contaminated" fuel said to have damaged car engines is investigating whether it is to blame.
    Vopak Terminals says checks are being made to make sure normal handling and storage procedures have been followed.

Meanwhile, an AA source told the BBC traces of silicon have been found in petrol taken from the cars.

Thousands of drivers have complained their cars were damaged after they used petrol from supermarket forecourts.

Tesco said the problems appeared to be linked to forecourts in the south east of England served by a site in Essex.

Both Tesco and Morrisons get fuel from an independent oil company called Greenergy, which insists its supplies meet industry standards.
    But Tesco are prepared to cover costs, maybe...

Tesco has promised to pay for repairs to cars damaged by a batch of faulty petrol sold in stores across parts of the south-east of England.
    The supermarket chain has printed full-page apologies in several newspapers, saying stores have been refuelled with a "fresh, clean supply".

Its advert adds: "More to the point, we'd like to pay for the repairs."

Tests on samples of unleaded fuel from a storage facility in Essex found it to be contaminated with silicon.

The advertisement appears in a number of papers under the headline: "Tesco petrol. It's back to normal and we're sorry."

It carries a telephone number - 0800 028 6428 - for customers to obtain further information and advice.
    So has anyone had any? (I hope not).
    And how do you prove you got your fuel from Tesco? Unless you used a Credit card & Clubcard. But if you payed for it by cash...?

This is disturbing. I wish someone would clear up if the fuel is JUST supermarket fuel - for a long while my Dad and I have debated if supermarket petrol is "cheap rubbish". He says it is, but I reckoned they probably buy it from the same place as everyone else. He's now gloating, but have Tesco/Morrissons just been unlucky? Or do they really use an inferior supplier (hence why it's so cheap).

Luckily it's not happened to me, though I do feel fortunate as of course I buy my petrol from Tesco in the South-East! I was a little dismayed to learn you'd have to produce a receipt, I mean who keeps old petrol receipts? But I think Tesco are now offering to consider credit card statements which is fair enough. If you paid cash, it's tough but you can't really expect them to compensate you if you can't prove you bought it from them.

Incidentally, apparently all this is an excuse for another few pence to be added onto the price of everyone's fuel this week...

Si.

One of the women I work with has her car in dock because she's used the contaminated fuel and it won't be fixed for a fortnight. All beavuse of the fuel she bought.

Not good.

I'm better off as a pedestrian it seems.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

You undoubtedly are Si, if you can be one. I wish I were. Fresh air, exercise and no car tax or petrol. It would be bliss!

Did you say "your cars in dock so you had to come by bus?"

Si.

Did you say "your cars in dock so you had to come by bus?"
    Yes!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.