Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Very sad news indeed. I never met Larry but I did tease him a couple of times online due to us both coming into HMRC from the opposing pre-existing Government Departments (he worked for the Inland Revenue while I worked for HM Customs & Excise).
    I will keep an eye on our obituaries pages and will let you know if any of his colleagues from his previous work areas put something up.

On the day I've come back to PS after far too long away, I'm very upset to find this out. I met Larry on a few occasions, mainly at Si and Steve's for summer parties, and always had lovely chats with him - with some ribbing on football (West Ham vs Spurs) thrown in for good measure.

Rest in peace Larry.

Sorry to hear this. I only knew of Larry online, but my sympathies go out to his family and friends, including those here that knew him.

Sorry to learn of the death of a longstanding PS contributor. Think he joined on the earlier board originally through being a friend of Si Hart in his local group, if memory serves, and while I don't think I ever had that much direct discussion with him on here, there was never any doubt about his enthusiasm and straightforward honest personality. All sympathies expressed for everyone who knew him.

For those who weren't aware, it was Larry's funeral today.

It was held at All Saints Church, Wokingham, Berkshire, followed by the cremation and then refreshments back at the house where Larry lived with his family.

It was quite a tribute to the man who had touched so many; I though I would share a photo of the flowers that accompanied the coffin:

He was a much loved brother to many, a fan of Reading FC (that's the scarf at the top) and West Ham FC (that's the mostly hidden scarf at the bottom).

He was also a Doctor Who fan.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Thanks for putting the photo up, Phil - lovely flowers and a nice touch to have the scarves and the TARDIS.

At the risk of maybe sounding a little trite and superficial...

However sad the news of someone's passing, or how difficult they might have had things, always be glad that they had Doctor Who in their lives and remember what a joy and a comfort that is, and how much it can enrich anyone's existence.

I know to a lot of people that might sound silly, but I think most people on this forum will know how true it can be.

It's not trite at all. Larry's Mum and Sister both stressed to us that Doctor Who was something really important to Larry, especially so in the last few months when he was bed bound and couldn't do anything. Watching the show was a huge comfort to him.

I was thinking of Larry at the weekend actually. He'd been so desperate to live long enough to see the special but didn't quite make it. I wonder what he'd have made of it.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm sure he'd have loved Tom's cameo - and the Zygons! And John Hurt too I reckon.