Thread: Audio Go Woe

Default Audio Go Woe

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/au...istration.html

Audiobook publisher and retailer AudioGO has confirmed that it has filed for administration.
    The company filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators on Friday (25th October), with firm BDO expected to be appointed to the role this week.
    The company suspended its business operations earlier this month, following "recently discovered significant financial challenges". Hopes that the company would find a buyer or investor before administration have now receded.
    Based in Bath, AudioGO has a workforce of around 100 employees.
    Sad news, not just for the Doctor Who ranges that they've been putting out. All of the BBC Audio ranges are suffering! It's unbelievably frustrating and sad that it's come to this, but between Amazon demolishing the competition and (to some extent) illegal downloads, it looks like the listener is losing out again.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh no. This is rather crappy. They've done some great Who releases.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I agree - I've been muchly enjoying the Destiny of the Doctors series, and was looking forward to other audios from them. Very sad.

There's clearly a market for all these audio releases, it's so frustrating that Audio Go is failing because of their attempt to enter the download market.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I wonder if the BBC will give the franchise to another company...

At least as far as we know Big Finish aren't going anywhere whilst this is a very sad time for all those who've worked for Audiogo there is still potential for licensed tie-ins to carry on.
    Out of this difficulty could we see the welcome return of Doctors 9-11 by BF (who have already been heavily involved with Destiny of the Doctor)?

My order of "An Unearthly Child" from BBC Shop has been cancelled and refunded

Si.

As the Destiny range was a joint BF / AudioGo venture, maybe BF will be releasing all the AudioGo / Who range. I hope it gets to see the light of day somewhere!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    My order of "An Unearthly Child" from BBC Shop has been cancelled and refunded

Si.
    Oh no! I was really looking forward to it too.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That's really sad. Presumably this means that title is not going to be released now.

I see the two Trial boxsets are still available from amazon so I'm tempted to buy those while they're still around as I assume many of these releases will soon become rarities.