Default Time Incorporated: Part 2 Available now!

Brendan Jones and Simon Hart star in

Doctor Who: Time Incorporated
    by Simon Hart

Has the Doctor really sold out the universe, just to get home? How will Tom stop him? Will there be a happy ending for Bernie and Tom?

Find out now in Pt 2!

Download PSAudios 5.7. Time Incorporated Episode2.mp3

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Hooray!

I would like to say thanks to everyone who's had an input into this (as it turned out) extremely long season of adventures! Who'd have thought that when the first discussions of a new series of PS Audio Doctor Who adventures started, we'd still be here in 2013 waiting for the finale. Time and life run away with themselves I suppose. I can't believe what a rollercoaster it's been!

I'm pleased there's been an opportunity to follow on from the wonderful 'Paul Monk / Si Hunt' era, though of course both of those guys have still been involved in these plays. I'm sure we've all had such fun putting these together, from writing to recording to the pleasures (long hard tedious slog dammit) of production and finally hearing the thing come together - in some cases with fabulous new music!

I know this is a BF-style gush, but I've loved being involved with these stories - and I honestly thing they're really good. I'm not afraid of strongly criticising of things I don't like either, as I'm sure anyone who's had to endure my direction will tell you!

So thanks again everyone. It's been a blast.

Will there be any more to come? Only time will tell...
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Goodness me, I'm not sure where to start (perhaps with why was the Doctor humming the Neighbours theme tune in one scene? )... I really enjoyed that. I suppose the appropriate comment would be Encore!

Well that was all rather wonderful. It's good to know that a simple waltz can be so pivotal (I've always preferred the 3/4 time compared to that fussy compound 6/8 time :-)

What a team Tom & Bernie made - hope we haven't heard the last of her. Well done Brendan - your Doctor is shaping up to be fantastic!

And can I just echo Steve's comments as well - I'm sure we can only guess at the sheer number of hours that it takes to put these stories together. Congrats all round :-)

Cor Blimey, but that music was WONDERFUL. I think I recorded much of this with very few people to actually bounce off- Simon was his redoubtably wonderful self, and I feel Ashley gave a wonderful performance as the frustrated engineer. He played it quite differently to what I had expected when reading/editing the script, and the Time Labs scenes are all the better for it. The Time Lords are a nasty bunch, and Ali's sarcasm works even better here than in DOTL. Richard is still great as De Vascon, and the less said about the two characters in the Penultimate Scene, the less spoilery. And, of course, thanks to my friend Antonio for appearing as the other Technician- why yes, you bearded ginger, I AM a bit sexy...

It's been a wonderful journey this season, and I like to hope that there will be more adventures for the Doctor and Tom despite my changed geographical circumstances. Thank you all for the kind feedback.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

You did indeed record most of this without anyone else- in fact all the torture scenes were done in separate sessions. Fortunately the performances were so good from everyone that I don't think you'd notice

Thanks for all the kind words about the script. It was I think the first script completed for the season, ironically, and then went through a number of rewrites as things changes- the last of which was by Brendan who wrote all the Bernie lines when the original character that was to be in this story was replaced. That it all still hangs together is pleasing!

Like Brendan, I've very much enjoyed the season- from the planning to recording to production and of course playing Tom was great fun. I hope we have a chance to do some more with the characters, after all, the Doctor still has to find a way home doesn't he?

Thanks for listening.

(perhaps with why was the Doctor humming the Neighbours theme tune in one scene? )
    Ah well, in the previous story he'd gone under the alias of Dr Harold Bishop, so it seemed appropriate. Maybe Brendan's Doctor is a Neighbours fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Ah well, in the previous story he'd gone under the alias of Dr Harold Bishop, so it seemed appropriate. Maybe Brendan's Doctor is a Neighbours fan!
    I had assumed there might be a connection. It was a lovely comic touch in the great tradition of the previous era of PS audios.

Just to belatedly add my own appreciation of Mr Clancy's scoring to this play and for Mr Hart's work assembling the various recordings. If I hadn't been a participating actor I'd never believed that some of the cast never actually met each other.

Also I was amused to realise that my current custom title actually came from this play as I'd misremembered it as being one of Howard's lines from Death on the Line.

Listening to and enjoying the story now - just started on part 2.

Question's sprung to mind, about 50 seconds in... Did I say something in the recording session that needed to be muted out? Certainly sounds like I did!
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Perhaps you just saw Aggedor?

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I think that the announcement of some second Doctor something or other having been found has had an effect on this thread!
    I thought there might be a few more comments on this thread in relation to the end of the season?
    Honestly a story about a few fluffy teddy bears in the London Underground turns up and nobody worries about the PS Doctor or poor old Tom and Bernie!!!

I am kidding of course, but it would be great for the season to go out with a bang rather than a whimper and so I've posted this to get the thread highlighted again on the PS Audio's forum!!!

I for one think the whole season was very strong; I have a particular liking for Death on the Line and Time Inc.

To extend the pleasure, I've gone right back to the start of the season to listen to everything again, before I listen to this last episode.

I want to savour it
    Bazinga !

That's very nice to hear- thank you guys!

Look out for all the hints and clues we seeded throughout the season! There were lots of them.

Just finished listening to Time Incorporated and this one is a fitting climax for the season! I imagine we shall be seeing more of the corporate Time Lords and their CEO at some point in the future. And maybe the Doctor and Tom could try the Samba instead of the Waltz next time.

I realised this afternoon (memory jogged by being about to start on 'Light at the End' I think) that I never posted after listening to part 2. Sorry about that, oops!

Good to know that in fact the Doctor wasn't selling out - not a great surprise really, although Brendan's Doc' is a bit edgy (a la Tom in Invasion of Time) so I wasn't 100% sure he was still OK... Some great scenes between him & Tom in this episode, it really started to get to the core of their relationship - it's not always a 'best friends' kind of thing, far from it, so it's been quite touching to find that ultimately, when the chips are down, and when it comes to the crunch, they both trust each other. OK, not enough for Tom to want to kiss the Doctor, but certainly enough to ensure that The Doctor Dances (do you see what I did there?). That whole 'kissing' sequence was hilarious, by the way, especially the Doctor's comment that "Back in my universe they'd have been queuing up for this"!!

A neatly-written story, because now I think about it, although on the one hand it tied the story & the season up nicely... it actually did it, while at the same time leaving things wide open for the future. So the Time Lords are foiled and Mondas restored to normal for now - BUT the Time Lords are still about; we maybe don't quite know whether Bernie made it home OK; De Vascon ("the temp"!) has been removed but surely is too good a character to have been executed off-stage; the Master is offering his services; and-- AND-- the reveal of the identity of the oft-referred to but never heard CEO... I guessed it would be somebody we'd met before, but I never imagined that.... Blimey!!

Loved the sound effects, especially that weird background from the War Games' Trial room. Very distinctive. And Andrew's music was extraordinary, managing to sound like DW music of the radiophonic era, while being at the same time entirely new - I must admit, at first I'd forgotten that Andrew'd written it especially, and was therefore trying to place the stories the different pieces hailed from. Really good, fitted the story so well.

Like Jon, I'm tempted to go back to the start and see what clues have been littered around earlier in the run.

Like Jon, I'm tempted to go back to the start and see what clues have been littered around earlier in the run.
    You know what, that's not a bad way to celebrate the anniversary!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

For the second year in a row I've gone right back to Echoes of the Protii and will go right the way through to Time Incoroprated, hopefully just in time for Christmas.
    This includes all the 'making of' documentaries, the short stories and eveything.
    I just love everything about these audios.

I just love everything about these audios.
    Hooray! And Awww!

Thanks Andrew and indeed thanks Andrew

Our Season 5 stories will be up on the new website this weekend.

Check the right-hand sidebar for the couple of stories that are already up there!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge