View Poll Results: Rate The Web of Fear!

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10/10

1 8.33%
  • 9/10

6 50.00%
  • 8/10

3 25.00%
  • 7/10

1 8.33%
  • 6/10

1 8.33%
  • 5/10

0 0%
  • 4/10

0 0%
  • 3/10

0 0%
  • 2/10

0 0%
  • 1/10

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good for you Tim.

The money had been taken from my account last year when I ordered Enemy of The World so I really want to get the Limited Edition DVD.

Having contacted them twice online (with no response) I've called them and they are looking into it.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

To correct myself - I've double checked and the money hadn't been taken from my account :-)

They couldn't dispatch it for this week, as in December I experienced credit card fraud and so my bank cancelled my old card and issued me with a new one - so that's why the payment failed now.

Under my instruction, BBC Shop have cancelled the order and I've placed a new one (online) for which I found a 20% off promo code .

So a bit of a win
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Good result, Phil!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Finally got this one and watched it over the past few days. I loved the two Yeti books as a kid, so was looking forward to it. I will admit it took a while to get going - obviously I'd already seen part 1, and with Troughton absent from episode 2, and episode 3 absent, it wasn't really until the halfway mark that I felt I was genuinely getting a new second Doctor story.

Arguably it's padded with lots of doomed expeditions and the like, but whether it is or not it's absolutely made into an extraordinary story by a combination of the superb work by Douglas Camfield, and by the cast taking it all so very seriously. Obviously it's impossible for us to watch it without knowing that Lethbridge-Stewart is going to return again and again, but even so Nicholas Courtney really is fantastic. From his sense of desperation in episode 4, to the occasional little smile he gives (for example, with Jamie in the tunnels in part 6 when they're discussing that one of them may be the Intelligence), the character feels very real - and, entirely in keeping with his subsequent status as the Doctor's close friend, the character seems to trust & believe the Doctor almost from the start (while Captain Knight is scoffing about a time travelling police box, Lethbridge-Stewart takes it in his stride).

Evans is rather annoying, but realistically so ("I shouldn't really be here - Driver, see") and I didn't realise that there was a little bit of flirting going on with Anne and the Doctor!

A marvellous little story, the second half probably better than the first. And full marks to the restoration work, it looks absolutely fantastic.

Finally, poor Pip - the Next Week caption for Fury from the Deep... so close, yet so far!

I enjoyed it, but I found the end very disappointing...

I know what you mean Ant, it is a bit "Seeds of Doom-y" in its naffness. The book ending is much better