Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    You can see it at Odeon Bromborough: Welton Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3PN or Vue Birkenhead: Conway Park, Europa Blvd, Birkenhead, Merseyside CH41 4PE

Live in Birkenhead!!
    "Fantastic!"
    I knew Conway Park would be showing it! Conway Park here I come!

My Cineworld are showing it on 23/11/2013 (obviously) at 19:30 at a cost of £12.60 + 80p for the 3D glasses.

As tempted as I am, I have decided that I will stay at home as there's less chance of it being ruined by chatterboxes.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    As tempted as I am, I have decided that I will stay at home as there's less chance of it being ruined by chatterboxes.
    I know it's going to be mental, but I'm using the one off novelty of 3D New Series without press spoiling it much against the other people!
    I went along at 9.00 to buy a ticket. There were two people at the other side of the park. One in combat fatigues, there didn't seem to be anyone opening, so I went to Sayers and when I came back the small crowd had grown... and then all went into a minibus and drove off leaving me alone...
    "They don't open until 11.00!" said a council worker on a work break sitting in the open emergency door of the building next door.

So came home and instead of the automatic nonsense helpline, I used the phone book to find the exact number.
    Got through on my third attempt.
    The woman on the phone said those fateful words....

"I don't think it will sell out here..."

Row: M Seat: 10 Sat 23 Nov 2013 Time: 19:30 Area: Standard BP 9.85

"Doctor Who 3D: The Day Of The Doctor... LIVE FROM BIRKENHEAD!" audio bootleg is still on.
    I do not own any rights to Doctor Who. I do not accept responsibility for the opinions expressed by the happy few in the Cinema. No attempts at editing or remixing will be attempted.

I bought a ticket earlier today, I'd hoped to see it in the West End but the only tickets left were for the front row which was a tad close to the screen, so I'm seeing at the Vue Cinema on Finchley Road
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

It would be icing on the cake if we got an An Adventure In Space And Time trailer before the showing!
    Or does that get broadcast a couple of weeks earlier?
    I wouldn't have minded seeing An Adventure In Space And Time on the big screen one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    It's big ... but I've seen bigger!

Jonno's been peeping!

Probably on my settee, the next day, when everyone else has gone to bed.
    Bazinga !

If the 7pm GMT broadcast is true, this will be my November 24th.

5.30am AEST- cook breakfast (read: play some description of Nintendo game whilst Rod is cooking breakfast).

6.00am- Eat breakfast whilst watching special on simulcast.

7.15am- Squee/scream "what?!"/attack TV with sledgehammer (adjust for level of enjoyment).

7.30am- Watch The New Avengers (it's our Sunday thing- I think we'll be up to Medium Rare by then).

1.00pm- Cinema session on George St with our friend Craig (and hope that, unlike The Impossible Astronaut screening, the sound is in sync and the cinema doesn't smell of pee).

2.30pm- Get home, and start counting the days til Capaldi.

7.30pm- Watch it again, possibly, on the ABC.

8.45pm- Watch An Adventure in Space and Time (possibly, as I imagine I'll have acquired it by then anyway)

We'll also be up to Ambassadors of Death in our marathon by then!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I've booked four tickets in one of our local Vue cinemas (Cwmbran). I was lucky to get them as there were only a few seats left dotted around the studio, was lucky to get a block of four right at the back, it'll suit us fine. We're gonna make an evening of it, Frankie and Benny's for a meal, should be an interesting evening, looking forward to it.

It seems Cineworld Shrewsbury ARE now showing it but at more than £12 a ticket (plus the price for the 3D glasses) I think I'm going to stick with watching it on telly. I know it's a special occasion but is that really how much they charge at the pictures at weekends now!?

More and more cinemas are now showing it, and many are taking returns too, so those that missed out it's worth retrying.

We'll be seeing it at our local Empire. I had hoped to see it at the Tyneside Cinema, to support the local independent, but the other supporters got there well before me. Even so, they're talking about adding another screening, either immediately after the first or on another screen.

What's especially good is, if this is the kind of response a Doctor Who episode that can be watched for free on the telly is getting at the box office, it might convince Peter Jackson to take the plunge and make that film he's been promising himself for years.

Well I bought a ticket (for £9.99) but I'm having second thoughts now. I still want to see the thing, just not sure I'd enjoy the cinema experience. Ahh... it'll be fine! (Hopefully)
    Brand new Who, no problem, being in a dark place with other people... not so much a fan of!

We've got tickets for the Odeon in Kilmarnock. A late birthday treat for my daughter. By 'we' I don't include Mary, who's on babysitting duties instead...

It was nearly sold out, though! I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to get tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    It's the sitting room for me, in good old-fashioned 2D. After all, that's how it all started!
    How weird; I was going to say "in the sitting room" too. I was going to add "hopefully, enjoying every moment of the extravaganza and not worrying that SM has ret-conned the Time War and popped a new doctor into the timeline."

PS, I can never understand those people who are posting on website during an episode - at least wait until it's finished so you can enjoy watching it!
    A pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez...

PS, I can never understand those people who are posting on website during an episode - at least wait until it's finished so you can enjoy watching it!
    Just put your phone / PC keyboard down while you're watching it. Although sometimes that can be hard. Shows like X-Factor though are made to be tweeted about while people are watching them, that's why they're so boring.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    It seems Cineworld Shrewsbury ARE now showing it but at more than £12 a ticket (plus the price for the 3D glasses) I think I'm going to stick with watching it on telly. I know it's a special occasion but is that really how much they charge at the pictures at weekends now!?
    Whenever I'm back in Surrey it seems to be around £9 or £10 for an evening screening, plus £2 if 3D is involved. Whereas London is of course mental, especially the west end. I've ended up paying £16.25, and that's nowhere near Leicester Square, etc, which was around £20 a ticket! But I think it'll be worth it, I can't imagine an event quite like this will happen again, and it should be a lot of fun surrounded by dedicated fans.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Well I bought a ticket (for £9.99) but I'm having second thoughts now. I still want to see the thing, just not sure I'd enjoy the cinema experience. Ahh... it'll be fine! (Hopefully)
    Brand new Who, no problem, being in a dark place with other people... not so much a fan of!
    Got to be honest, and sorry if it offends, but this really winds me up. Can't speak for your region of course but I know of some people who desperately want to see it at the cinema but can't as it's sold out. I know others who've got to travel 40 miles because their nearest cinemas all sold out. The idea that fanboys have bought tickets but can't be arsed to go is selfish beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Saville View Post
    Got to be honest, and sorry if it offends, but this really winds me up. Can't speak for your region of course but I know of some people who desperately want to see it at the cinema but can't as it's sold out. I know others who've got to travel 40 miles because their nearest cinemas all sold out. The idea that fanboys have bought tickets but can't be arsed to go is selfish beyond belief.
    Perhaps he'll sell you his ticket.

To be fair to Dino, he's not said he's NOT going, he's just sharing his reservations about his .... reservation!

I've bought tickets on impulse before, and then had second thoughts in the cold light of day.

As for when we're going to see it, apparently it will air at 7.50pm here in the UK - by my reckoning only the TV Movie has ever aired later?

It'll be at home for me. To take myself and the kids to the cinema would cost over £30 and I like watching Who with the kids.

Sorry Mike!

I just couldn't face it. My anxiety is really flared up the past few days so... I went and got a refund.
    If it's any consolation, on the bus home there were some kids shouting abuse at me halfway through the journey before they got off the bus. On their way off, one of them was talking about Doctor Who...

Welcome to the face of your fanbase then...

So happy birthday Doctor Who, I don't begrudge anyone seeing it in the cinema tonight. I hope you have a great time. I just can't do it. But if it's any consolation, it's the main reason why I don't go to gigs these days either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Quick question, what channel is the 3D programme on? I'm not aware of a 3D BBC channel.
    The Day of the Doctor in 3D

BBC Red Button HD’s final mission is to showcase the 3D version of the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special “The Day of the Doctor”. This will be broadcast on Saturday 23 November at 7:50pm (simulcast with BBC One and BBC One HD) and will be repeated on Sunday 24 November at 7pm (simulcast with BBC Three). It will look fantastic in 2D but if you’d like to see the Doctor in a new dimension in the comfort of your own home, there are two ways you can join the adventure in 3D…
    So just make sure you have the BBC red Button HD channel (available on Freeview HD and Freesat HD).

As for me, going for the "sitting room" option. I'll record the BBC HD transmission tonight, unencrypted, and the 3D version on the repeat showing for posterity, should I ever have a 3D tv. I had an opportunity to go to the cinema, but feel I should watch it on telly first, as is tradition.

Edited to add:

How to watch in 3D, live

To watch The Day of the Doctor live in 3D on your TV, you will need: a 3D capable TV and its 3D glasses, and you must be able to receive the BBC’s Red Button HD stream via the telly itself or a set top box.

If you’re not sure whether your TV is capable of displaying 3D, then please check your TV’s manual. When the episode is about to start either on Saturday or Sunday, just switch to BBC Red Button HD, put your 3D TV into ‘Side-by-Side’ mode, pop on your glasses and enjoy!

For viewers with Freeview HD, Youview, Virgin Media, Sky and Freesat, the channel number for BBC Red Button HD is listed below:

Freeview HD/YouView 303

Virgin Media 994

Sky 977

Freesat 980

If you want to record the episode, it’s easy to do because BBC Red Button HD is listed in the electronic programme guide for these platforms. In most cases the channel has been available for some time so you should be able to find it, but if not then you can try to retune your Freeview HD digital TV or box or you can find help at www.virginmedia.com, help.sky.com or www.freesat.co.uk.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'll be watching it on here!

Quote Originally Posted by davethesailor View Post
    I'll be watching it on here!
    Wins thread!