Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How are you going to see The Day of the Doctor?

Are you going to see it in 3D, 2D, HD or SD, TV or Cinema screen?

How are you going to watch The Day of the Doctor?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Definitely in 3D. I just need to decide big screen or small.

I have a 3D TV at home and am very tempted to go to see it at the cinema as my local Cineworld is showing it. But, I am really fussy about noise when at the cinema. I hate it when others talk during a movie and I'm worried that it will spoil my enjoyment if some idiot won't shut up.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Deffo 3D at The Flicks :-) I'm expecting some super-duper Who-themed glasses

Looking like 3D at the cinema, subject to ticket availability of course!

I've seen a bit of Who on the large screen recently - the Day of the Daleks Special Edition just prior to its DVD release and the Daleks films double bill earlier this year, but never yet seen a brand new production on the big screen, nor anything in 3D!

Same here Jonno. I think it's worth breaking my "I'm not interested in seeing anything in 3D" promise for new Doctor Who. I mean, I may never get the chance to see this episode in 3D ever again. I'm quite excited about the idea!

Quick question, what channel is the 3D programme on? I'm not aware of a 3D BBC channel.

Actually, to clarify my 3D comment - I've not seen anything of feature length on the big screen in 3D - I have seen some shorts notably at the Doctor Who Experience and Shrek 3D in LA this year. And of course who can forget Dimensions In Time 20 years ago on the small screen?!

I share Duncan's concern about other noisy people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Quick question, what channel is the 3D programme on? I'm not aware of a 3D BBC channel.
    Sky have a dedicated 3D channel but if it's anything like the BBC's 3D Wimbledon coverage, it will be on the red button
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Thanks for that, Duncan. Then I'll probably watch it at home in 3D. Can't wait.

Probably just in 2D & HD on my 42 inch TV screen at home.....when the kids have gone to bed (to quote Toby Hadoke - "I dont want some kid talking through it")!!!
    3D TV is very impressive but I find it incredibly distracting at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    Probably just in 2D & HD on my 42 inch...
    Are you showing off how big you are?

It's big ... but I've seen bigger!

Oh my!

TV envy is a sin!

I'm tempted to see it at the cinema, but I'm just not that fussed with 3D, even if it's Doctor Who. So I imagine I will be watching it as Doctor Who has always meant to have been seen - curled up on the sofa (or behind it) in front of the fire, with a drink to raise a toast.

I haven't seriously looked into the idea of seeing it in a cinema.
    So probably TV for now, and it'll be TV anyway if I decide to go out and come back later that night!
    I need more details of how it's being distributed throughout the cinema network.
    Silent Hill Revelation was my last great 3D experience. And I imagine "Day Of The Doctor" will eclipse that!
    (Plus Silent Hill Revelation was actually around 75 minutes as well!)

This link should tell you more Dino

Was Star Trek Into Darkness 3D? Man Of Steel and Tintin were and the Titanic reissue. Those are my 3D fil-ums to date. To be honest the 3D is pretty unmemorable in these things but it's hard to resist the lure of Who on the big screen. In colour.

I definitely want to see it on the big screen, I just hope that tickets in London don't sell out too quickly. I'm not a huge 3D fan, but it's never spoilt a film for me, just failed to enhance it.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    This link should tell you more Dino
    Thanks... but it doesn't recognise any of my passwords! I'm looking for Liverpool and the Wirral Cinemas if anyone knows, thanks!

You can always watch it again, later, in 2D on the small screen. But if I had the opportunity, I'd go and see it so close, I could feel David Tennant's fire.

Doctor Who on the Big Screen In Color and 3D? Niiiiice.

Somehow I will mysteriously be able to see it shortly after broadcast - I hope.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Hmm, just looked into this out of curiosity - the doctorwho.tv site says that it's showing at Shrewsbury Cineworld, but the Cineworld site says the nearest showing is in Wolverhampton. Great.

Looks like it's showing at my local Odeon in Kilmarnock. No details yet though of when its showing, though... I'll have to keep an eye out over the next few days, hopefully there will be a showing on the 23rd

It's the sitting room for me, in good old-fashioned 2D. After all, that's how it all started!

Tickets on sale tomorrow, and despite the website still not letting me show the North West (You've probably registered so it shows up for you unlike me)
    So tomorrow morning, I will make an emergency dash to Birkenhead Vue Cinema.
    I might not get the tickets. It might not be showing on that screen.
    But this is an act of my fandom. I can watch it again and again when it's recorded on my TV, but I am intending to smuggle in Dictaphone and record the audience live as we watch it.
    "The Day Of The Doctor Live From Birkenhead!" is probably the most terrifying thing associated with the programme!

There is a voice of me saying "So Dino, you hate spy stuff but are happy to record a cinema full of people?" but it's drowned out by "OOH-WEE-OOO" and various swearing and Moffatt messages.

Whatever happens, tomorrow morning I go... for ticket!

Goodnight! Who dares wins!

You can see it at Odeon Bromborough: Welton Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3PN or Vue Birkenhead: Conway Park, Europa Blvd, Birkenhead, Merseyside CH41 4PE

Live in Birkenhead!!