Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm up to Planet of the Ood, so I'm definitely not going to make it by 23/11!
    Unless you spend this weekend with the curtains closed and the phone off the hook...
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Three Docs Pt 4

Omega loses it, but gains a recorder. It's not a flute Jo.

Great bit of melodrama from Stephen Thorne!

I shall be having Zygons for breakfast this coming week. Well it's better than boiled egg and (UNIT) soldiers!

That breakfast is a bit small for just about the six of you.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm sorry to get all maudlin but I'm really beginning to wish I watched more episodes over the year because apart from my birthday and this month I have not watched much Who and I reading some of the posts on here I feel I haven't really marked the anniversary at all
    Last edited by dalekkiller; 19th Nov 2013 at 1:01 AM.

There's still time!

Really enjoying Terror - especially those squidgy controls of the Zygon craft.

It's only a date!

Provided of course, you get to watch The Day of The Doctor at some point this year

Quote Originally Posted by dalekkiller View Post
    I'm sorry to get all maudlin but I'm really beginning to wish I watched more episodes over the year because apart from my birthday and this month I have not watched much Who and I reading some of the posts on here I feel I haven't really marked the anniversary at all
    Don't worry, the anniversary starts on the 23rd. It's the year after that date that is the 50th year so like me you can watch more Who in the year after 23rd in celebration.

Surely after the 23rd November, we'll be into the 51st year of Who... won't we?

Yes what Andrew said. I've got a couple of days yes but I've got other things I know it shouldn't get me down but I still that I've wasted this special year

I wouldn't get worked up about it - certainly I don't think you should think that you've 'wasted' it. I sort of know what you mean, I've not watched any more Who this year really than usual.... but it's not always easy to fit it in, and sometimes in fact (but please don't broadcast it, I don't want to be de-anoraked) I don't feel in the mood to watch it (which is partly why I didn't bother with most of the 'Top Ten Monster' repeats over the weekend just gone).

But for all that I'm still very excited about 'Adventure in Time and Space' and 'Day of the Doctor' on Thursday & Saturday, and in a sense they are the 'keystones' of the anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Surely after the 23rd November, we'll be into the 51st year of Who... won't we?
    That's true, we'll be in the 51st year but it will be 50 years + X number of days/weeks/months.

I skipped most of series 4 & 5 as I've seen them recently, but I'm still only up to Night Terrors so I've got a lot of watching to do between now and Saturday.

I barely remembered anything about series 6 from the time and I don't hate it now but god theres a lot not to like isn't there? I remember watching A Good Man Goes To War with my ex and my then housemate and they where utterly bewildered by this utter nonsense and it's not hard to see why really!

I recently rewatched some scenes from Series 5, and it brought to my attention how my dislike of Amy is based almost entirely on her character in Series 6. It reminds me of Rose's rapid decline in Series 2.

Anyway, we're just plugging away on our marathon. We finished The Silurians yesterday (Both agreeing the new designs aren't a patch on the old), so we'll probably be halfway through Ambassadors for the anniversary special.

Rod did request to go out of order and rewatch The Brain of Morbius, in light of The Night of The Doctor, but I assured him that it probably wouldn't be referenced again for the special.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

This is going off topic a bit but I don't mind the re designed Silurians and struggle to understand the criticism of the re-designs which seems to amount to they don't look like the Silurians of the Silurians.

Terror of the Zygons - what a stonkingly good story. Nice spaceship too! I'd really like to see the Zygons return ;-)

Thanks to a tip off from Simon R, I started watching Web of Fear on Virgin Media last night - wouldn't have known about it otherwise! I've watched the first three parts, so I've ended up watching an episode I'm very familiar with, a never before seen visual episode and a recon, which was quite well done and easy to follow.

Due to the new drama tonight which I'll probably follow up with AUC on BBC4 straight after for a viewing marathon, I'm going to save the 2nd half for Friday night (fervently hoping it's still on there then!).

I'll post my thoughts on it once I've seen it all, but thoroughly enjoying it so far!

I may have to high-jack someones Virgin remote in a weeks time.

I have had a mini Hartnell run over the last few days & watched The Space Museum (I still don't get a lot of the criticism this gets), The Chase (I get a lot of the criticism this gets ), An Unearthly Child & The Rescue.

Today I've watched The Angels Take Manhattan (mixed feelings) and Earthshock.

Sometimes when I watch Earthshock it's rubbish. A load of overblown cod-heroics with super serious characters in an utterly daft plot. Tonight though, it was wonderful. A thrilling, tense story with loads of action and surprises. The atmosphere, in particular the build up to Adric's Death is handled magnificently.

Of the two companion departure stories, Earthshock ripped The Angels Take Manhattan to shreds. SHREDS!