View Poll Results: Which is your favourite story from Season 7?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spearhead From Space

4 25.00%
  • Doctor Who and the Silurians

2 12.50%
  • The Ambassadors OF DEATH

0 0%
  • Inferno

10 62.50%

Default Ulitmate Doctor Who: Season 7

Pertwee! Liz! UNIT! COLOUR!

It's all change. The Doctor is exiled to Earth, becomes UNIT's scientific advisor and is fending off invasion from within and without.

Which is you favourite story from Season 7?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Inferno, as it's a great tale which flows along nicely for it's 7 episodes. It's also quite scary what with the parallel Earth, showing us how things may have been had Hitler won World War II. One of the best in the show's history.

Silurians.
    A great plot that develops wonderfully, and doesn't feel padded in the slightest. Even the mighty Inferno suffers from a feeling of repetition by the end.

Indeed!

Inferno for me. I've always loved "what if?" parallel world type scenarios (Whatever Happened To Sarah Jane Smith? is equally wonderful) and the location filming and the alternative counterparts to various characters all adds up to something a bit special.

Mind you, this season as a whole is simply one of the best in the show's history, only Ambassadors OF DEATH (nice touch above!) lets it down for me, though I need to reappraise that as I haven't seen it since the VHS came out - 2002?

WEll as much as I lvoe Inferno & like Silurians I've gone for the mighty Spearhead from Space. It's well paced, not padded at all & is almost 2 stories in one.

Inferno for me too. Apart from Ambassadors, I too thought these long stories held up rather well.

This is actually really hard. I saw this poll this morning and now in the evening... I still can't decide! Maybe not The Silurians, as although it's got the bigger death count (Always a bonus!) and some great moral Doctor moments, it does drag a bit.
    Ambassadors is very good. Very heartbreaking death (Not that I ever got those silver tray things, but I've never been able to look at one on TV the same!) and of course if I was voting based on incidental music, Ambassadors would be a shoe in. (Sorry, that's a phrase I've just picked up on my travels without knowing what it means...)

So it's now between Inferno and Spearhead From Space.
    Spearhead has the better look (Yay! Film!) is a regeneration aftermath story and of course, the Autons are at their best.
    And then you've got Inferno. Last of the great epics. Parallel universes as well. Excellent guest stars, something new from the regulars that we'll never see again.

Does have silly looking Primords, but then you've got the silly looking Octopus thing.

Ah... on the whole, it's... Inferno then!

I agree, it's a very tricky choice. But after due consideration, the name that has come out of the hat is... Inferno!

I thought long and hard about this and I decided that my favourite of the season, despite it being very familiar is Spearhead from Space. A really taut 4 parter featuring some cleverly directed moments and some iconic images. One of the best!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Inferno. Easy.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

For me, Spearhead From Space wins for nostalgia and speed. Not to say that the other stories aren't brilliant, but I think Spearhead is more fun overall.

I agree with Dino though, this is a tough decision!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

There's really not much to seperate these stories, is there? Ambassadors hasn't got a vote yet just because of the quality of the other stories...but I think Inferno just edges it for me.

I like Silurians a lot, love Spearhead, but Inferno is just that little bit better.

Ah, I missed the poll, but FWIW I would have gone with 'Spearhead' - damn fine, enjoyable, scary Who with some great set-pieces and such a winning formula that they (sort of) remade it to re-launch the series in 2005. But overall this is a brilliant season and they're all fantastic stories.