View Poll Results: What is your favourite story from Season 10?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Three Doctors

7 33.33%
  • Carnival of Monsters

3 14.29%
  • Frontier in Space

1 4.76%
  • Planet of the Daleks

1 4.76%
  • The Green Death

9 42.86%

Default Ultimate Doctor Who: Season 10

The Doctor meets himself, gets the freedom of Time and Space again, gets embroiled in a tour of 24th century prisons, defeats the Daleks and loses Jo. He had a very busy year during season 10!

But which story is your favourite?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Memorably known as 'the one with the maggots', I'm going for The Green Death. It's a highlight of the Pertwee era, full of fun and has a strong message which still stands up today about pollution. Also noteworthy for the sad departure of Jo Grant. Remember seeing it on BBC2 during it's 1994 repeat.

(I wonder if the Season 11 poll will be today as well, to make up for Season 10 being a day late?)

Not a favourite season, I'll go for Green Death for its least-worst-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Leptil View Post
    Memorably known as 'the one with the maggots'
    Ah, the one with the Maggots - and Jo's rather sudden and abrupt departure.
    Ah well, I'll go for that too
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

The Green Death is fantastic and is my vote for this season too. My favourite Pertwee adventure.

Green Death for me too - an oddity and a rarity in that it doesn't really have "monsters" or aliens. Plus a well worked out departure for Jo.

My sister remembered being frightened by this one - she would have been 6 and I was just a bit too young to remember it.

Well as much as I like Green Death I'm actually going for the much under-rated Three Doctors. I just love a good mullti-Doctor story & this is just fun.

The Green Death, for me, suffers a little bit from 'Mandragora syndrome' - there's nothing wrong with it at all, and on first viewing I really enjoyed it... and yet I never start the sentence "I'd really like to watch..." and end it with "The Green Death". It just oddly lacks something for me, and in fact now I think about it I'm not 100% sure I've seen it all the way through more than once (first time of course being, as Terry mentioned above, its 1994 repeat).

Carnival of Monsters I really, really want to like, because it's such a clever idea, such a marvellous little script... and yet it always leaves me cold, there's not even 1981 nostalgia to boost its popularity. Very odd.

Planet of the Daleks is nice enough, and although it's often mocked for being a 'greatest hits' sort of story, in 1973 that was entirely appropriate. No wonder the viewing kids of the time remember it so fondly... but for me, it's just a bit ploddy, and the Daleks seem just a bit 'also-ran' (also-trundled) for once.

Which leaves the gloriously silly, but gloriously fun, Three Doctors... and the often criticised Frontier in Space. And I'm going for the latter - after many years of thinking of it as nothing more than a warm up act for Planet, six episode waiting for Daleks to appear, it turns out to be a superb little story in its own right. The ending is a mess, but other than that it's a delight, and Roger Delgado really steals the show. I love it!

Planet of the Daleks just edges out Green Death for me. Yeah, I know it's a formulaic Terry Nation re-tread, but I just love it!

As the question is 'Which is your favourite?' I've gone for The Three Doctors. If it was 'Which is The Best?' I'd have gone for The Green Death.

It's an important distinction.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Such a poor season. Carnival of Monsters gets my vote but it's a pretty dud lot.

I love The Three Doctors, and think the bashing it's had from some quarters in recent years is unfair and unjustified. However, The Green Death is just quintessential Pertwee - I desperately wanted to see it after reading the novel and it didn't disappoint when I eventually watched it on those grey Sunday mornings in 1994. A great, spirited, thoughtful adventure with everyone having lots of fun, and tinged with sadness too - I'm not sure any companion's departure has ever been so emotional as Jo's, not even Sarah Jane's.

The Green Death is a classic - and possibly the greatest title for a Who story - but it's Doctor's Three for me!

the bashing it's had from some quarters in recent years is unfair and unjustified
    Boo! Why bash the Three Doctors? It's got Pertwee, Troughton and Hartnell in it! Are these people saying they don't like Pertwee, Troughton and Hartnell?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Boo indeed! My anniversary Who Watching is going to begin today with those 3 Docs (and probably a Zygon for afters)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Boo! Why bash the Three Doctors? It's got Pertwee, Troughton and Hartnell in it! Are these people saying they don't like Pertwee, Troughton and Hartnell?
    Blame Gary Russell and Mark Gatiss. I remember Russell gave it a less-than-favourable review in DWM when it came out on video, while Gatiss, in his review in The DWM Complete Third Doctor special pretty much said it was rubbish, and nothing like he remembered it when he came to watch it again in 2003. A few others seem to have knocked it down the years, too. Personally, I think it's little short of magical.

I agree - other than the sadly-reduced part for Hartnell, it takes the obvious idea of reuniting different Doctors, but really makes it a joy. It's a lovely little tale, and at four episodes nips along very nicely indeed. And Omega is an extraordinary villain (if indeed, he even is a villain as such?). A nice big slab of additional mythology for the show too.

And Omega is an extraordinary villain
    A Villain? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A GOD!

While I'm really fond of The Green Death & Frontier In Space, The Three Doctors is simply so much fun I can't look past it here

Carnival. Deeply imaginative and the first story I remember watching as a child.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!