Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    It was written by Moffat which means it happened in the new series universe so yes the 8th Doctor and his audio companions are officially new series canon.
    Or some other people with the same names.

Even way back in the days when I started posting on sites like DW2005 & Logopolis Metropolis (anyone remember them?) I've fond memories of many a thread with Steve/Perry (I hope you've no complaints with being compared to the former Journey vocalist!) and Rob Filth keeping us entertained with their ever so slightly differing opinions...

Many happy memories of all the fallouts, Baysan Tulu and 'Bentongate' Ralph's finest hour

And iirc even Stephen Morgan joined up there for a time with the user name 'Noodles'

If it wasn't for those sites, I'd never have came across Wayne, Ralph, Duncan, Logo and all the others who eventually led me here

I thought I felt my ears burning....

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    So what annoyed you? The fanservice? The cheap-ish look? The humour?
    Mostly that it ruined the best cliffhanger the show has ever had (from 'The Name Of'), in something that felt to me like one of the CIN sketches. Aside from that, it was poorly acted with a dull cast. I won't comment on if it looked cheap, as I watched the thing on YouTube. I just couldn't see the point of it, really.

Moffat writes better dialogue for McGann than he got in the TVM though.

As for any canon debates, from my view, McGann became an eighth Doctor when sketched in Human Nature. Until the TVM is directly mentioned in the tv series, it's still off bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    & Logopolis Metropolis (anyone remember them?)
    I had almost forgotten! Thanks for reminding me. Yes, it used to be fun, in strange sort sort of way, debating with Rob.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

(Duplicate post)
    Last edited by Perry Vale; 15th Nov 2013 at 9:54 PM. Reason: Duplicate
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

There are already at least two petitions out there going now, wanting a full season of it. And I'm almost tempted to even use my despised Facebook to log on and sign it, I'm that behind the idea.

Though my preference would be a Moffat / Gaiman co written cinema movie, directed by self confessed Whovian Peter Jackson.

When people want a full season of 'it' what do they really want? Do they just mean a full season with McGann? Crikey, we've wanted that for nearly 20 years, I don't think we're going to get one now!

Although I don't agree with Steve/Perry, I don't think I'd want to see more of it really. It makes clear exactly 'who' the John Hurt character is, which seems an interesting move - but then, assuming the special isn't really about the mystery of his identity, that uncertainty has probably run its course now, so why not reveal it now?

Lovely to see McGann back in action, and the short has reinforced the notion (from End of Time) that the Time Lords were as bad as the Daleks during the war. But really, I'm not sure there's much more it needed to do, nor much else it could do without actually being an episode itself as opposed to a 'non-essential extra'.

According to Gallifrey Base:

"Earlier today there was a meeting held with lots of very important BBC Worldwide people to discuss the hugely positive and unexpected response from Night of the Doctor. I think it genuinely took everyone by surprise. It was mainly to discuss what options there are going forward with this, creatively. More web exclusives, a dvd, a special, I don't know exactly, with McGann or possibly other Doctors."
    Don't know if there's any truth in this, but I'd love to see McGann given his due. The mini-sode was great, but It kinda left me wanting more.....

It was mainly to discuss what options there are going forward with this, creatively. More web exclusives, a dvd, a special, I don't know exactly, with McGann or possibly other Doctors.
    A co-production with a Canadian company for a Doctor Who Movie exclusively broadcast on TV? Yes.... I WOULD do it!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    A co-production with a Canadian company for a Doctor Who Movie exclusively broadcast on TV? Yes.... I WOULD do it!

The 8th Doctor Chronicles would be good.

There's a petition to sign, if you want the BBC to make a series for Paul...

http://www.change.org/petitions/steven-mof...=share_petition

It was mainly to discuss how to make money out of it. More web exclusives, a dvd, a special, I don't know exactly, with McGann or possibly other Doctors.
    Corrected for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Corrected for you all.

The BBC didn't expect a huge response to Paul McGann returning to the part and regenerating?

They really don't get it at all beyond the Ł signs do they!!
    A pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez...

At the risk of being a bit thick... what on earth would they discuss? Surely the reason 'we' are all so excited was the presence of McGann in the 'web-episode'. Nobody's crying out for more web exclusive episodes are they, it was the surprise content of this one which has got the excitement going... but short of sacking Capaldi and hiring McGann instead, I'm not sure there's much they can do with it. And TBH with the 'big surprise' element removed from it, I'm not sure I'd be all that thrilled about five minute webepisodes of Paul McGann every few months.

But Steve has got it spot on!!

Surely though, with the lack of spin-offs around just now there could be room for one more? How about Doctor Who - The Missing Adventures (not a very original title but importantly it would clearly show that this wasn't the adventures of the current guy) possibly in the old series/SJA format of 25 minute episodes? I can just imagine Moffat trying to be the first guy who managed to produce two seperate series of Doctor Who at the same time, with two different actors in the role! And I'd imagine that Capaldi would be as interested as the rest of us to see the results...

I'm assuming then that all those of you who say "It's done. We've seen it and there's no need for more McGann", don't buy past Doctors novels, or don't listen to Big Finish or the like?

There's plenty of scope for more McGann. Missing adventures perhaps? A Time War mini series perhaps? Even that excellent Eighth Doctor amnesia arc from the BBC novels would be great for adaptation. With no Torchwood and no SJA in the schedules, there's certainly space for some.

I can just imagine Moffat trying to be the first guy who managed to produce two seperate series of Doctor Who at the same time, with two different actors in the role! And I'd imagine that Capaldi would be as interested as the rest of us to see the results...
    That's where it falls down. It's clear Moffat can't manage a full 13+1 episodes a year of regular Who, so doubt he'd be able to do Capaldi AND McGann full term. And I'd rather do without if they pass it on to someone like Gatiss. Gaiman though...

Someone suggested doing next year's Doctor lite episode with McGann as a flashback. Something like Blink would work with McGann and Sheridan Smith instead of Sparrow and Nightingale having to aid the current Doctor stranded in another time.

Hurrah, it's the Other Two Doctors!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    And as he mentions his Big Finish companions, does that mean his Big Finish adventures are canon?
    So Time Of The Daleks and Zagreus are canon then? Bugger!

If only we could have got to see more of Paul - as the Doctor on TV before I'm asked to rephrase that!

(Oh I dunno though...)

I'm assuming then that all those of you who say "It's done. We've seen it and there's no need for more McGann", don't buy past Doctors novels, or don't listen to Big Finish or the like?
    Not at all, Mike - Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more McGann... but not in some 'web-only' or 'DVD extra exclusive' or 'Youtube extravaganza' way, as a fully-fledged 'Doctor on TV'. So my problem is, I guess, precisely the one you then mention yourself - the current Production team at least seem unable to produce a full series as it is, never mind making two. And I can't imagine (although it could produce some tremendously interesting results) they'd want two entirely separate Production Teams producing two entirely independent shows.

"The Last Day" up on Vimeo

Not any more, Dino. It's been deleted!

Not any more, Dino. It's been deleted!
    Oh well! At least they've admitted they made a mistake in having people pay for it.