View Poll Results: Which is your favourite from Season 13?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terror of the Zygons

3 13.04%
  • Planet of Wretched Evil

1 4.35%
  • Pyramids of Mars

10 43.48%
  • The Android Invasion

0 0%
  • Brain of Morbius

3 13.04%
  • Seeds of Doom

6 26.09%

Hybrid View

Default Ultimate Doctor Who: Season 13

The Doctor decides that he's had enough of running around after the Brigadier and begins wandering in eternity again. Fortunately he's still got the trusty Sarah Jane at his side while he does so to shake him out of moods (of which he has many this year)

So we're into the gothic horror of the Hinchcliffe and Holmes years. Terrors on Earth and beyond.

But which is your favourite from Season 13?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pyramids of Mars.
    Forever tussling with Genesis of the Daleks as my favourite DW story of all time.

Really tough choice here. It's between Zygons, Pyramids & Brain. Ummmmmm Pyramids just in front due to my personal enjoyment factor, but the other 2 are huge fav's.

Terror, Pyramids, Brains, Seeds...

Terror, Pyramids, Brains, Seeds...

Terror, Pyramids, Brains, Seeds....

Brains it is!

I was thinking about this because although the season is considered the golden age, there's one story that's a right old stinker, one that's fun but isn't all that great, one that falls apart in the last episode, and then there's the good ones Seeds, Zygons and Morbius.
    I like them all. I really do, but if push comes to shove as it ultimately must, I've got to go with the fun and it's Morbius. It's great and funny and Tom is enjoying himself immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I was thinking about this because although the season is considered the golden age, there's one story that's a right old stinker, one that's fun but isn't all that great, one that falls apart in the last episode, and then there's the good ones Seeds, Zygons and Morbius.
    I like them all. I really do, but if push comes to shove as it ultimately must, I've got to go with the fun and it's Morbius. It's great and funny and Tom is enjoying himself immensely.
    Didn't you always rather dislike Sladen's portrayal Morbius? Or is my memory at fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Didn't you always rather dislike Sladen's portrayal Morbius? Or is my memory at fault?
    Is this meant to mean her portrayal in Morbius, or of Morbius?

Pyramids is one of my favourite Who stories, so Pyramids it is.

I do, but I'm mellowing as the years go on Wayne. I'm a bit more tolerant of Sarah these days- i think The Sarah Jane Adevntures helped.

You'll be pelased to know I still cannot stand Planet of Wretched Evil though!

No question, Pyramids for me, one of my all-time favourites.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Planet of Wretched Evil
    Is someone trying to sway the voting...?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    Planet of Wretched Evil
    Is someone trying to sway the voting...?
    Sorry, isn't that what it's called? That's what I call it here

It's the classic Pyramids of Mars for me. A gothic style adventure influenced by The Mummy. It's fun to see Tom Baker dressed up as a mummy. My second favourite story after The Daemons.

I'm surprised to see Zygons not getting a single vote.

Well, I really like all the stories of this season - yes, even Planet of Evil. For the 6 year old me, the red anti-matter monster was just as scary as Mummies, Zygons and the Krynoid!

I'm tempted by Pyramids - the first three episodes are as good as Who gets, but I do feel it falls apart quickly in the last episode once all the wonderful supporting cast have been despatched and we get all the tests on Mars.

But it's Seeds of Doom for me - I know many say it's atypical Who, but I love the alien, moody Doctor, Sarah is wonderful as is Harrison Chase, Amelia Ducat, and of course it's got Boycie in it too! Wonderful location filming and the compost machine - gruesome!

Pyramids of Mars is a favourite of mine and gets my vote. I do like Seeds of Doom and Android Invasion a lot, especially the former. However, Brain of Morbius would easily win the vote for my worst story of the season.

I was thinking about this because although the season is considered the golden age...
    Interesting to hear you say that Si, because you're right it is... and yet, running my mind over these stories I'd say actually it's a weaker season than either of Hinchliffe's other two. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if Tom & Liz weren't so good together, it wouldn't be as fondly remembered - IMHO Pyramids of Mars is a pretty lame little story, and yet the two regulars make it shine.

I like Brain, and of course Zygons. I also quite like Planet of Evil - despite its faults, Tom's grimmest of performances wins me over oddly (his savage criticism "You call it nothing, a word to hide ignorance" and his sending Sorenson out to die "You & I are scientists Professor, we purchase our right to experiment at the cost of total responsibility" are two particular favourites). Seeds famously leaves me cold (let's not even bother going there ) and Android Invasion (although my brother loves it) is just rubbish.

I'm going for Zygons, but really only in a 'best of an uninspiring bunch' kind of way. Thank goodness a better season, and then a more enjoyable style of Who, is on the way!

I might change my mind after watching Zygons next week, but for now it's Pyramids. I have very vivid memories of watching this when I were a nipper (i.e. being scared beyond comprehension), and still enjoyed the story when I saw it last year (although I wasn't as scared this time!!)

The hardest one yet. I'd say that this is probably my favourite season, with Planet of Wretched Evil the only letdown. Even the other 'weak' story, The Android Invasion, is better more enjoyable than the strongest stories of some later seasons. Pyramids just edges it for me over Zygons & Seeds, but there's really not much in it.

The Seeds of Doom.

It's a weird one, because the Doctor is so angry in it. He shouts, he punches people, he carries a pistol- but what if that's because for once, just this once, his charm and ebullience can't get him out of it? This danger is that serious.

Yet, we also have that haunting moment when the Doctor looks into the mulcher after Harrison Chase and laments that he tried to save the man. He TRIED...

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Both very good points, Brendan. Indeed, the stakes are so high the Doctor even has to rely on the RAF to save the day (which some view as a weakness but I don't)!