Thread: Richard Cooper

Default Richard Cooper

Found this blog basically a more stable version of Lawrence Miles

http://richardhcooper.blogspot.co.uk...octor-who.html

Hurrah, less vitriol and I like this comment:

A third recommendation would be 1979's City of Death by Douglas Adams, possibly the greatest Doctor Who story: watch it and experience how a piece of writing so frothy and unashamedly light and funny is plotted, structured, acted, designed and directed with such attention, intelligence and respect, and how a frivolous little comedy can be so nuanced, so aesthetically rich and so full of ideas, patterns and rhythms that it never fades no matter how often you see it. This most tongue-In-cheek of all Doctor Who stories (though Douglas Adams hated that phrase: he worked at his comedy) seals off the excuse so commonly used for The Curse of the Black Spot and Vampires of Venice: "but it's only a bit of fun." That didn't stop Douglas Adams and Robert Holmes from writing brilliantly.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Is the Hurrah less vitrol comment aimed at him or me Rob?

I've always found Laurence to make a few good points but to become a bit vitriolic... I'm sure he'd deny this of course! LM takes the piss a bit too, which Richard seems to avoid.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

A bit vitriolic that's something of an understatement Rob the comment sections of the Daily Heil is less vitriolic than he is. If I was Mark Gatiss I'd have sued him for wrote about The Unquiet Dead.