Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Prisoner: Cell Block H

Episode 9 done, and another good performance from Pajo. I take it that's Lynn out of the series now then? She was good, if a bit drippy.

Can't wait to see how Miss Masters fares in a cell with Bea!

Si.

Wayne Guest

You haven't quite seen the last of Lynn yet.
    I'm annoyed that the next two Volumes which were due out on Monday have been delayed.

Gives us a chance to catch up!

Si.

Ooh no, delayed for how long?!

I'm on episode 17, which features Anne Phelan in a minor role as an officer....who later went on to play Myra Desmond who was top dog for 100 or so episodes after Bea leaves.

Wayne Guest

From the EZYDVD site:

Coming Soon! Pre-Order Now - Available Monday, 27 November 2006
    Another week by the looks of it. But it was already put back a week. Fingers crossed they don't put it back again!

Oh, I'd love to start on getting these box sets, but I just know I'll have to buy the lot, even though I'll never keep up with watching them all and there'll be piled of unwatched sets, and end up spending silly amounts of money on the whole thing.

But I would dearly love to see all from beginning to end again, though.

(Well, except episode 536, which is, to paraphrase the Simpsons' comic shop guy; Worst. Episode. Ever. Of. Any. TV. Show. Ever.)

That episode was fantastically exciting for me when I saw it on TV - gave me the chance to see so many things I'd missed...terrible cliff hanger though. Bea deserved better than that.

http://www.wwwentworth.co.uk/

Have a look at the above site, theres a page there somewhere which tells you which episodes all the actors were in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatso the wombat View Post
    Oh, I'd love to start on getting these box sets, but I just know I'll have to buy the lot, even though I'll never keep up with watching them all and there'll be piled of unwatched sets, and end up spending silly amounts of money on the whole thing.

But I would dearly love to see all from beginning to end again, though.

(Well, except episode 536, which is, to paraphrase the Simpsons' comic shop guy; Worst. Episode. Ever. Of. Any. TV. Show. Ever.)
    Yep, I've got 536 on DVD and its total trash, just a really cheap way of reminding people who Bea Smith was before [spoiler removed]!
    Last edited by Si Hunt; 28th Nov 2006 at 3:09 PM. Reason: Removal of major plot spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew T View Post
    That episode was fantastically exciting for me when I saw it on TV - gave me the chance to see so many things I'd missed...terrible cliff hanger though. Bea deserved better than that.
    The clips were good - it was just the bits surrounding it that got to me. That characters who the previous week were out to get each other (and come the following week would be out to get each other again) were all sat around discussing the good old days like a bunch of grannies at a WI meeting seemed just so out of character. It didn't seem right.

And, yes, the cliffhanger. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatso the wombat View Post
    The clips were good - it was just the bits surrounding it that got to me. That characters who the previous week were out to get each other (and come the following week would be out to get each other again) were all sat around discussing the good old days like a bunch of grannies at a WI meeting seemed just so out of character. It didn't seem right.
    It never bothered me, I thought it was nice they were getting on for once! Anyway, thats getting a bit ahead...

I've now done up to episode 24... a couple of little things I spotted... first appearances from Mouse and Phyllis, although neither have had any lines yet! Phyllis was a big favourite of mine once she became a more regular character, and Mouse of course had probably Prisoner's most spectacular death scene, in about 300 episodes time!

I also noted that the chalk drawings Barbara Davidson does on the wall in the solitary cell can be seen faded on the wall of every other cell in the prison! Some very economic use of sets there!

Wayne Guest

I had an e-mail from EZY DVD today saying that they'd despatched Vol.4. (3 & 4 are supposed to be out the same day), So i checked their website & Vol.4 is in stock, but strangely Vol.3 is still listed as 'pre-order'.
    I just rang EZY DVD in Australia to figure out what's happening, & they said they're waiting for copies of Vol.3 to come from the supplier, who have only sent them Vol.4, for some strange reason.
    So it looks like i'll be getting Vol.4 before Vol.3, which is a bit useless!
    The girl on the phone was lovely though. Very accomodating. Nice accent too. It was like talking to Lynn Warner.
    Last edited by Wayne; 28th Nov 2006 at 2:23 AM.

just a really cheap way of reminding people who Bea Smith was before *********!
    Well, that's that spoilt.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Well, that's that spoilt.

Si.
    Yes, Si is watching it for the first time. I myself, lost track of it just after Ferguson 'the freak' turned up, when it was on ITV in the 80's, but having not seen it for around 20yrs, i'm enjoying the chance to see it again, & continue past that point.
    On the EZboard thread, i was putting a large SPOILER WARNING in each post i made that referred to any plot points etc..., & would suggest that for the benefit of others, that everyone else does the same.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I had an e-mail from EZY DVD today saying that they'd despatched Vol.4. (3 & 4 are supposed to be out the same day), So i checked their website & Vol.4 is in stock, but strangely Vol.3 is still listed as 'pre-order'.
    I just rang EZY DVD in Australia to figure out what's happening, & they said they're waiting for copies of Vol.3 to come from the supplier, who have only sent them Vol.4, for some strange reason.
    So it looks like i'll be getting Vol.4 before Vol.3, which is a bit useless!
    The girl on the phone was lovely though. Very accomodating. Nice accent too. It was like talking to Lynn Warner.
    Vo.3 is still down as: 'Distribution delay - Awaiting stock' http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/789899
    I'm fed up about this. I'm expecting Vo.4 any day now, but i can't watch it before Vol.3!
    I've been seriously considering cancelling my order & getting it from somewhere else. I've found another Australian dvd e-tailer called DVD Orchard, that has 29 copies in stock! I've already signed up, but i'm going to ring EZYDVD on Monday first, & if see if they can shed any light on when they're gonna get it in stock.
    It would be just my luck to cancel my EZYDVD order & order from DVD Orchard, only for EZYDVD to get it in stock at that time. Grrrr!

How are you other guys getting on? Where are you up to?
    Last edited by Wayne; 2nd Dec 2006 at 1:38 PM.

I've got one disc / 4 episodes left to do!

In the midst of the Anne Yates storyline, exciting stuff!

Wayne Guest

Vo.3 is still down as: 'Distribution delay - Awaiting stock' http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/789899
    I'm fed up about this. I'm expecting Vo.4 any day now, but i can't watch it before Vol.3!
    I've been seriously considering cancelling my order & getting it from somewhere else. I've found another Australian dvd e-tailer called DVD Orchard, that has 29 copies in stock! I've already signed up, but i'm going to ring EZYDVD on Monday first, & if see if they can shed any light on when they're gonna get it in stock.
    It would be just my luck to cancel my EZYDVD order & order from DVD Orchard, only for EZYDVD to get it in stock at that time. Grrrr!

How are you other guys getting on? Where are you up to?
    Arrgh!
    I phoned EZYDVD & they basically don't know when they're getting Vol.3 in stock. All they could say was that they're waiting to hear from the distributor.
    So i cancelled my order, & decided to order from DVD Orchard who apparently have 24 copies of it.
    At least that was the plan...... But i can't get their website to co-operate! I've filled in all my details 5 times, but everytime i press 'Submit Order' - absolutely nothing happens! Unlike EZYDVD, they have no contact details or phone number, so i can't even phone my order through. Their website is the most non-user friendly nightmare i've ever experienced. I've e-mailed them,
    & will see if i get a reply tomorrow, but at this rate i'll be re-ordering it from EZYDVD!
    If only it was on Amazon or something!

The good news is that my Vol.4 set arrived today from EZYDVD. But it's not much good until i can get a copy of Vol.3!
    Last edited by Wayne; 5th Dec 2006 at 4:02 AM.

We're pleased there is a delay, as we're slowly catching up!

We did episode 13 last night, quite a humdrum one really. It's good to see Frankie and the annoying one escape, but they arn't going to get far. Also slightly unusual tactic for finding food on the run - lure a small child into a bush on the promise of sex and nick his chips.

Elsewhere lots of tedious stuff with dreary Lynn and her rubbish boyfriend. Lizzy is great as ever though.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Good for you Si!

'DVD Orchard' have been no help whatsover and they wanted hard copies of my card statment & signature in case i was a fraudster! So i've ditched them, as it would take far too long with all that faffing about! I've been looking at various other Australian DVD retailers. There's quite a lot of them actually. I don't know which one to choose! I've e-mailed the cheapest one; 'DeVoteD DVD', because their website doesn't say whether it's in stock or not, even though it's listed.
    I'll be lucky to get it before xmas at this rate!

What a palaver!

I had to send HQ photos of my credit card to Empire DVD in the US before they'd accept me.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew T View Post
    What a palaver!

I had to send HQ photos of my credit card to Empire DVD in the US before they'd accept me.
    I suppose it's a good thing in one sense, But not when you want something NOW!
    It's really annoying because i've got Vol.4 right here next to me, like it's laughing at me.
    At least i've found out that there's no such thing as Amazon Australia.
    Last edited by Wayne; 5th Dec 2006 at 3:47 PM.

Wayne Guest

Good for you Si!
    I've e-mailed the cheapest one; 'DeVoteD DVD', because their website doesn't say whether it's in stock or not, even though it's listed.
    I'll be lucky to get it before xmas at this rate!
    The ignorant ****s still haven't replied. I'm sick of all this now, I'm going to re-order it at EZYDVD, & will just have to wait until they get it in stock. Sod it!
    Last edited by Wayne; 6th Dec 2006 at 1:37 PM.

I'm gettin vol 3/4 by the weekend.Have never seen the first 200 episodes before but the most noticeable thing about the show is the pace-it seems a lot slower,and even less violent then the Ferguson years.Its still compulsive viewing(even if the opening mugshots barely change for the first 307 episodes!)

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stuartdg View Post
    I'm gettin vol 3/4 by the weekend.
    Can i ask where you're getting them from, Stu?

a guy in nottingham via ebay