Default Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide

What did you think of tonight's BBC 3 documentary on the show?

Was it as brill as 30 Years in the TARDIS? As cliptastic as Resistance is Useless? As full of stories as The Story of Doctor Who?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Not very good told me stuff I already know

Well nothing could possibly come close to "Resistance Is Useless". But at least Vernon Kaye wasn't one of the talking heads!
    And... I looked away from the TV for second, who was that boy band they got on?

I've only seen some clips of it so far, but have recorded it to watch later. What I saw seemed fun, I don't think we fans would have got much from it though, but I don't think that we were really the main audience this was aiming for. The regular younger BBC3 audience who are probably only familiar with the new series would probably have loved it.

They really have to make these things in different styles though, don't they, to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. Anyone disappointed will no doubt find something to their taste later in the week.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

We should have had less non-Who talking heads (i.e. zero). The overall structure and content was good though. And sorry, but much as I adore Russell Tovey, I find his narration style really grinding.

Once again, McGann was DE MAN !!!!
    Bazinga !

Is it just me or does McGann suddenly 'feel' like the current Doctor again, even moreso than Matt Smith, at the moment?

Yes I've never heard McGann talk so eloquently about Who before - he draws you in doesn't he?!

Despite the annyoing voiceover style and some of the celebrities obviously not wanting to be there (3/4 of McFly stand up!) I thought this was pretty good really. They didn't just concentrate on the last 8 years, they gave the classic show a good chunk, they didn't just laugh at the clips and the Doctor Who guests on it were very, very good, especially so Paul McGann.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It got better. The first 20 minutes was like some Exillon barrage on my sanity though. Each shot and clip lasted about 2 seconds and it was such a jumbled mess. Is that really how "young people" like their television? It was horrible. And really... who needs to see a bunch of minor celebrities trying to make the sound of the TARDIS with their mouths? Surely there isn't a single person in the universe who has any desire or need to see that. Once it settled down a bit it got better though, just a shame it didn't get even betterer.

It could have been worse but it could have been better. I quite liked the modern soundtrack to old clips but the talking heads were mainly embarrassing and not very convincing "I think Layla was with Tom Baker as well..."

I did like the little title sequence based graphics that were used before they concentrated on each Doctor though.....but then I would!