Default Paul O'Grady In Hospital

The talkshow host Paul O'Grady is in hospital awaiting heart surgery, according to reports, after heart problems left him unable to take his ITV1 programme to air on Monday night.

News reports said O'Grady wrote in a text message: "I've had an angina attack and need a few days' rest in hospital.

"I think I am going to be out of the game for quite a while. They are taking me in for surgery tomorrow."

O'Grady was replaced at the last minute by the singer Michael Ball, who told the studio audience: "Paul's not feeling very well tonight, so I'm standing in for him."

Sadly Paul's feeling poorly, but join Michael Ball and guests tonight, it'll be a hoot! — Paul O'Grady Show (@PaulOGradyShow) November 18, 2013

The entertainer, 58, has had two heart attacks and has previously said he has 12 stents in his heart to keep the blood flowing. "After two heart attacks I'm now happy to get through the day.

"The worst thing you can do is to sit and fret. I take tablets and have check-ups every eight months."

The presenter had only presented a handful of episodes of his revived Paul O'Grady Show since it went back on air from 11 November.
    Sad to hear this - Wishing Paul a speedy recovery.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

He really is working too hard. Ease up Paul - we want you around for a long, long time :-)

The entertainer, 58, has had two heart attacks and has previously said he has 12 stents in his heart to keep the blood flowing.
    2 attacks by the time he's 58 & 12 stents!! Bloody hell! His heart must be more metal than muscle.

"After two heart attacks I'm now happy to get through the day.
    I bet he is.
    I'm not a fan of his show but I hope the surgery goes well for him.

He's turning into a Cyberman!