View Poll Results: Which is your favourite story from Season 20?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arc of Infinity

0 0%
  • Snakedance

3 15.79%
  • Mawdryn Undead

6 31.58%
  • Terminus

2 10.53%
  • Enlightenment

7 36.84%
  • The King's Demons

1 5.26%

Default Ultimate Doctor Who: Season 20

As soon as Tegan leaves, she rejoins the TARDIS with a new short haircut and boob tube and shorts! Nyssa leaves in Terminus, Turlough joins and the crew face off against Omega, The Mara, the Guardians, The Master and the Doctor meets his old friend Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. Marvellous!

But which of these stories is your favourite?

(and don't worry, I haven't forgotten The Five Doctors... that's to come later)

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Despite it's faults and messing up continuity, Mawdryn Undead is my favourite from the 20th anniversary season. It's also the best of the Black Guardian Trilogy and is nice to see the Brigadier again for the first time in seven years.

Apart from the non-entity that is The King's Demons, this is a much better season than 19 IMO, and all of these are fair contenders. But I'm going for Enlightenment.

Snakedance is my favourite I think. The most terrifying Doctor Who story ever when I was little!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It was between Mawdryn and Terminus for me. mawdryn just edges it thanks to The Brigadier.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Enlightenment. They take a really bizarre concept and make it work. There's a couple of good science fantasy stories in this era that are pulled off much better than similar stories in the last 3-4 years.

For a long time I would have gone with Mawdryn, but in more recent times I've realised what a little gem Enlightenment is - sailing ships in space, it's just so Doctor Who! And it's got a wonderful supporting cast - and Leeeeeeeeeeee John!

In complete contrast to Wayne, I think this season is a lot weaker than 19! And what's worse, I've gone with Mawdryn Undead, despite the total absence of Leeeeeeeeeeeeee John. (That joke will never die!)

Mawdryn is always going to win this season for me, simply for the nostalgia of watching it for the first time on Christmas Morning - at about 1am, after Midnight Mass. Possibly my most atmospheric Who watching of all time.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I know that it's almost against the laws of nature for me to agree with Jonno... but I agree with Jonno. For many a year I'd have plumped for Mawdryn without hesitation, but having rewatched the trilogy again earlier this year I found I enjoyed Enlightenment far more than ever before. So I'm going for that.

(And although I'm not actually working on a 'which story is Tegan hottest in' system for voting, Enlightenment would certainly have won on that score if I was! Why they didn't get her out of that awful boob tube earlier, I have no idea.)

For me it has to be Snakedance. But yeah this is Davison's weakest season, Terminus, Arc of Infinity and the King's Demons really drag the season down. Along with season 17 this suffers from having the final story scrapped by industrial action resulting in the season ending on a low note

Enlightenment for me, although I do enjoy most of this season-

except for for the ****ing planet of the ****ing sofas.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Mawdryn just beats Enlightenment for me, at the time it was great to see the Brig again after all those years away from our screens.

Enlightenment JUST edges ahead from Mawdryn for me

I really love Enlightenment, it gets my vote.

Enlightenment & Mawdryn tie for the win for me, and so I can't decide between them... so I've gone for Terminus as it's got Nyssa in her underwear.

Shallowness rules!

Predictable as ever, Doctor...

Gah, missed this one too. Good job, really, as I would have gone for Mawdryn and made it a tie!