View Poll Results: What is your favourite story from Season 22?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attack of the Cybermen

6 30.00%
  • Vengeance on Varos

2 10.00%
  • Mark of the Rani

1 5.00%
  • The Two Doctors

3 15.00%
  • Timelash

1 5.00%
  • Revelation of the Daleks

7 35.00%

Default Ultimate Doctor Who: Season 22

It should have been all systems go, but suddenly and terribly Doctor Who faced the most dangerous crisis in its long history- BBC apathy. Halfway through the season, Doctor Who was out on hiatus and things were never quite the same again.

Season 22 saw the Doctor face off a whole host of old enemies- Daleks, Sontarans, Cybermen, The Master... The Rani appeared for the first time, as did Sil, and Patrick Troughton returned for a final appearance as the Doctor.

But which was your favourite?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

My favourite of the season and my favourite Colin overall: Revelation of the Daleks, a great, grisly tale featuring Davros and the Daleks, with elements of Soylent Green thrown in.

Varos.The best story of the lot, and an excellent villain in Sil.

Attack for me - it may not have the best plot ever, but I find it very watchable in a "disengage your brain" kind of way and I don't find it as padded as most of the other stories in the season - maybe the change from Earth to Telos helps with this.

Revelation, Attack and Two Doctors are all time classics, Mark of the Rani and Varos are OK, and Timelash is just as bad as it's reputation.

Revelation for me. I like Attack too, but the rest of the season doesn't do much for me, I'm afraid.

Attack. My Favourite Colin story.

They all come under the heading 'should have been better' for me, it feels like a season made before it was ready. Revelation is by far the most polished of the stories, but isn't one I can ever really warm to. So, much to my surprise, I think I'm also going to vote for Attack - part two is a big letdown after part one, but part one is really really good! (Alas, though, not Excellent!)

I'm another person who likes Attack despite its faults. I don't like Revelation at all. However I really enjoy Two Doctors and that gets my vote.

Mark of the Rani- the Master is utterly superfluous, but the rest is damn good fun.

Yes, even the tree.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

The Two Doctors for me, simply because it's great seeing Pat and Frazer back for one last time. And Jackie Pearce is great too, of course! There's really not much seperating the rest of the season (apart from Timelash) they're all enjoyable but also all in the 'could have been better' bracket. Having said that, this was still the last truly decent season we ever saw in the series original run, imo. If JNT had left the series at this point and new blood had been allowed to come in at production level, it's possible that the series mayremained fresh for years to come....but perhaps that wasn't what the Powers That Be actually wanted!

Revelation is far and away Colin's best story, in my opinion, so it's getting my vote!

Revelation I find easy to admire, but difficult to love. It's just so bleak and nasty. It's not fashionable, but I've always had a soft spot for Attack and so it got my vote.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Did I really vote The Two Doctors as my favourite? What a stupid thing to do! I rewatched it at the weekend and it was terrrrrible! The Second Doctor is an unrecognisable caricature of the Sixth, the only character who has any care invested in him is Oscar Botcherby and he hardly does anything and the whole story has a feel of 'Who cares?' about it. What a disaster. It's not all bad - Patrick Troughton makes a wonderful Androgum, there's a lot of literate dialogue and the setting is gorgeous. But the script is a complete disaster.

Are we supposed to laugh as Styke lurches from one stupid injury to the next? First he's stabbed in the leg, then he gets covered in choronic acid, then he gets his molecules zapped by the Kartz-Reimer machine and then his ship explodes for no apparent reason! He is truly the Victor Meldrew of the Sontaran Empire.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"There goes the other arm! I don't be-LEEEEVE it!"