Thread: 'Allo 'Allo!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Pip Madeley Guest

Good idea, Alex. I know Vicki Michelle's management already, and Guy Siner, Arthur Bostrom and Sue Hodge all have websites... do some people want money though? Who did you manage to get?

No, everyone was always happy to do it for free. Mostly it was music-y people, like Martin Carr of Brave Captain / The Boo Radley's, Neil Conti from Prefab Sprout, and Duff Mckagan from Velvet Revolver, as well as the singers from a few indie bands like Ooberman and Cosmic Rough Riders, etc. But all were really friendly and chatty, which was really cool.

Like you mentioned, going through their management and/or website's is probably the best and easiest way, but contacting their pr or agent is another too.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

Well, worth a go, no harm in trying!

Pip Madeley Guest

Bloody hell, that was quick:

Hi Phillip

Thanks for your message, and also thanks for all the work you are
    doing with the website, which is fantastic!

I'd be very happy to help you with an interview. How do you wish to do
    it? Perhaps the easiest way would be to pose the questions and I could
    record my answers in mp3 form and you could play the interview on the
    site. I think that's something I could accomplish on my mac computer.

Anyway let me know how you want to do it: I'm based in Manchester if
    that's anywhere near you?

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Arthur Bostrom

Cool, that's fantastic stuff Pip!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wow, good for you Pip!!

One down, half a dozen to go...

Good old Bostrom! Although are you sure it's him... there was no mention of 'Michelle in the bok pissage' or anything.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip! That's brilliant! He's based in Manchester...is that anywhere near you! Only down the road!!
    You could actually do a personal interview, record it, transcript it & have pictures of you with him!
    A whole new vista of opportunity is opening up before you!

Wow! What a brilliant response. I'm sure once you've got one of the stars interviewed and it all goes well, then the others will follow his lead.

Well done Pip!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Thanks for all the congratulations guys! I'm pleased to further announce that I've got an e-mail interview with Vicki Michelle in the works too

If you have any questions for Arthur or Vicki about 'Allo 'Allo!, their careers in showbiz or anything else, please post them Cheers!

I'd be interested to hear about Arthur's experiences working with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie on The Crystal Cube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fND_JPRLNMc) a bizarre one off comedy show that he co-starred in - specifically what his memories of working on it were and how he got on with the other cast members (if you don't mind that is, of course!)
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

You could even ask Arthur what it was like working for BF. He was in Scaredy Cat I think.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Finally!

It's no word of a lie to say I've waited YEARS for this.

Pip Madeley Guest

Well I went with two friends to see the stage show in Blackpool last night and it was a great evening. Jeffery Holland was very good as Rene, I was a bit unsure about him before the show but he had the persona & the comic timing. Vicki Michelle was good value of course, she recieved a big round of applause when she appeared, although because she was never exactly a main character she spent a lot of the evening doing "background acting" ie. serving drinks, chatting to the cafe customers etc.

There were three really standout performances from virtual unknowns too - James Rossman played Herr Flick and had the mannerisms, the voice and the limp all perfect, he even looked uncannily like him too and I swear when I closed my eyes it could have been Richard Gibson himself. We all agreed Nell Jerrman who played Helga was bang tidy (she stripped down to the red basque and suspenders with little swastikas ) whilst Claire Anderadis was superb as Mimi, again she had the voice almost exactly like Sue Hodge. Martin Carroll as Bertorelli also deserves praise, though I thought he was more Roger Kitter than Gavin Richards.

Oh, and Judy Buxton - Dennis Waterman's wife in On The Up and Jeffery Holland's real wife - played Michelle of the Resistance, although we saw a bit too much of her when she was wearing a short skirt and decided to sit on a high bar stool and cross her legs. Thank God she was wearing knickers. She looked rather old to be playing Michelle too, but a good performance nevertheless.

I shall have to love you now, I must go down the back pissage...

Claire Anderadis was superb as Mimi, again she had the voice almost exactly like Sue Hodge.
    I tell you who else has a voice like Sue Hodge... SUE HODGE!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Sue Hodge twenty years ago!

Why wasn't she there?! Is Mimi And The Boy a pre-play add on?

We saw Hodge and Kaye in a play two years ago.

If that helps.

Pip Madeley Guest

Kaye was apparently going to do the current show but backed out for some reason unknown to everyone but him.

Probably because he's a moody old devil. No time to have a drink with us in The Bull after the show, that's all I'm saying.

Si.

Many things will come to pass...

Myself and a certain little Ood went to see this the other day and it was a jaunty lark. We all have love in our hearts for Dame Vicki and Jeffrey was a rather splendid Rene.