View Poll Results: Which is your favourite from Series 1?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rose

1 7.14%
  • The End of the World

0 0%
  • The Unquiet Dead

0 0%
  • Aliens of London/ World War 3

1 7.14%
  • Dalek

2 14.29%
  • The Long Game

0 0%
  • Father's Day

1 7.14%
  • The Empty Child/ The Doctor Dances

4 28.57%
  • Boom Town

1 7.14%
  • Bad Wolf/ Parting of the Ways

4 28.57%

Default Ultimate Doctor Who: Series 1

And in 2005, Doctor Who hurtled back onto our screens for a new season! Christopher Eccleston was the Doctor, Billie Piper was Rose and Doctor Who was back!

They took on Autons, Slitheen in Downing Street, and the Daleks, we puzzled out the Bad Wolf conundrum, met Captain Jack Harkness and everyone asked Are you my Mummy?

But which was your favourite?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Well nearly everything this season was a success IMO and as much as I like Dalek, Rose, BadWolf/Parting & Unquiet Dead it has to be Empty Child/Doctor Dances for me.

Another hard choice...there's a lot of good stuff this season but I've chosen Bad Wolf/Parting...it's quite simply the season finale all the others have failed to live up to.

Hard choice for me, not only because there's now a greater amount of stories per season to choose from, but also because this is my favourite Nu-Who season, by some way.
    It comes down to a choice between 'Dalek' and 'Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways', but I feel that special mentions must go out to 'The Empty Child/ The Doctor Dances', 'Father's Day', & 'The Unquiet Dead', along the way.

I think it will have to be 'Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways'. Much as I like 'Dalek', I can't help but compare it unfavourably to Rob Shearman's originally 'Jubilee' story. I really don't like all the stuff with Adam, and the ending is a little bit too emo. Otherwise though it's very good stuff. Eccleston is blazingly good in this, and the formidability of that Daleks is very effectively realised by that lone Dalek; even more so than the millions of CGI that we see in 'Parting of the Ways'
    However.... 'Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways' has many more things going for it. Again Eccleston is on fine form, and I think it's Rose's best story by far, before they started to rewrite her with the rather jealous, spiteful traits we see in the next season. Then there's that superb Dalek Emperor, and several other great moments/scenes from the silent "Exterminate", to the Doctor's "Have a good life" speech, which I thought Eccleston handled very well.
    Last edited by Wayne; 28th Nov 2013 at 9:30 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention 'Father's Day'

Nostalgia says Rose. I adored that episode. When compared to everything that's come since, it doesn't do anything special, but looking back at how wonderful and exciting it was - nothing can beat it.

If we'd have known what was to come back then! Woah.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

There's not one story in season 1 I don't really enjoy - even the often-overlooked Long Game has some good laughs in it ("He's your boyfriend"). But for me, it's got to be Aliens of London/World War Three which is the new-Who story I've watched probably more than any other and which I just genuinely love. It's funny, scary, exciting, moving, surprising... everything Doctor Who should be. Even typing this and thinking of it is making me smile ("It's twelve months, not twelve hours - sorry", "It's the Slickeen!!!", "Oh Bo--"). And as they got the missile launched, first time out, I was genuinely on the edge of my seat. And Jackie is so... so touching, without being schmaltzy or sickly, it's just all there.

Brilliant story, just brilliant.

I'm voting with my heart and my heart says Boom Town!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Hmmm .. difficult! Wanted to vote to Rose, and then again Dalek ... the season finale would be a definite shoe-in if it wasn't for the Big Brother / Weakest Link guff ... so for me it's the spookiness "Are You My Mummy?" - wonderfully scary stuff from The Moff!

Dalek. Good as The Empty Child was, it was great to see a Dalek that was for once, almost unstoppable, compared to ones in other stories I could mention.

Ah, I wish I'd have voted in time, as 'Bad Wolf/ Parting of the Ways' would have won it. Still possibly my favourite new series story, it just ticked all the boxes when I first saw it and it still does so now. Incredible.